Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it's not call of duty mobile without voice chat so people from India and Mexico can yell slurs at you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

the cod playerbase is the opposite of the kind of gamers nintendo is trying to attract with splatoon
as long as they don't allow voice chat it'll be fine i guess

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Maybe Microsoft will help Nintendo fix their online

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Spellman posted:

It means you're getting Call of Duty Mobile Royale

Better than the garbage that the other consoles have been getting

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

The Maroon Hawk posted:

We will bring Xbox games to Nintendo gamers by convincing them to buy an Xbox

CoD is whatever. Call me when we're getting Rare Replay!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Silver Falcon posted:

Oh god, if only...

My #3 requested title to be somehow brought to Switch, right behind both Timesplitters 2 and 3.

I'm a Davis Doak/Steve Ellis fan.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Silver Falcon posted:

Seriously... that's the only Microsoft game they'd port over that I'd buy.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

More like Microsuck imo

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
But enough about your boyfriend's weekend plans.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

lol

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Call of Duty with low poly chibi characters

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

CoD but gyro aiming is mandatory or everyone

and all the skins are all for different Nintendo characters

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

American McGay posted:

:argh:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

American McGay posted:

Wow.

:golfclap:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

MW69p if Witcher3 is anything to go on

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Sent my 2 joycons in because both sticks were acting like they lost their deadzone and were tracking on the games like they were moving down instead of being centered

Label on 9
Shipped on 11
Received on 15
Sent back on 17

So probably Wednesday 22 before I get them back. Thankfully it only has to go to new York, so not too far

I got it back on the 21st, and while the paperwork says they "fixed it" what they actually did was just swap out the controllers. I know because they look new, but also one of the controllers was dropped at one point and had a crack in it. These don't.

Kind of wasteful if you ask me. It's also weird to me that they started getting drift within 100-150 hours. I don't use my OG switch in handheld mode much, since the graphics look like butt on most games, so they never got smushed into my bag or whatever since they're docked almost all the time.

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 21, 2023

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

The last halfbaked game was pretty fun! Altho this means i shouldnt watch this bc half the fun was going in blind and being surprised at everything

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Seriously when the rival tera-formed for the first time and that stupid hat showed up i laughed for like a minute straight, fond memory

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I got it back on the 21st, and while the paperwork says they "fixed it" what they actually did was just swap out the controllers. I know because they look new, but also one of the controllers was dropped at one point and had a crack in it. These don't.

Kind of wasteful if you ask me. It's also weird to me that they started getting drift within 100-150 hours. I don't use my OG switch in handheld mode much, since the graphics look like butt on most games, so they never got smushed into my bag or whatever since they're docked almost all the time.

If it makes you feel better, the ones you got are probably another pair sent in for repairs by somebody else earlier. It makes sense to not have the customers wait for their particular units to get fixed but instead send them back a refurbished pair right away. They can then take their time fixing your original ones whenever their workflow allows and somebody else will get them as a replacement.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
Why is Forgotton Anne, a game which I have owned for a long time, showing up on the New Games list as having just released last week? Did it get unlisted for a while or something?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Might be a new version, I see some games get like 8 "new" releases in a year due to advertising a different version. Looking at you, GB-graphics Stardew knockoff that's always two bucks.

e: lmao it's so blatant. Definitive, Special, and Premium versions are currently unavailable, but you can get the Deluxe, Extended, Ultimate, and Complete editions still...!

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 21, 2023

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I'll take 1 x Chicken Pack please

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

quote:

In discussing services that could plausibly compete with the cloud-gaming features of Microsoft's Xbox Game Pass, the appendix notes that Nintendo Switch Online "is only available on the Nintendo Switch device and [redacted]."

Super Switch confirmed, baby.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

My copy of Prime has shipped :woop:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Amazon delayed my copy to march so I cancelled it and bought it digitally. Never trust Amazon

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Hell yeah Octopath 2 leaked

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Does it still not have an overarching story that makes the teaming up matter, or is it still just about the eight characters' individual quests?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Mister Facetious posted:

Does it still not have an overarching story that makes the teaming up matter, or is it still just about the eight characters' individual quests?

Will update as I did for Pokemon S/V and Engage. Both of which owned

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I’m playing Katamari and I cannot grok the controls. I thought it made sense in the tutorial but in practice I can move forward and turn to the right. Am I stupid or is this control scheme a challenge to figure out? It seems so simple on paper…

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

a guy in a switch discord I used to be in was frequently complaining that there were no "boots on the ground shooters" as he called them

Most people into FPS are gonna opt for the consoles known for the genre but switch FPS nuts do exist in some quantity

What I would love is both Black ops 3 zombie addition and master chief collection to come to the switch. Because I love zombies mode, and I want to play through the halo single player stuff on the Switch. I don't give a poo poo about FPS against others now that there's Fortnite though.

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

Wildtortilla posted:

I’m playing Katamari and I cannot grok the controls. I thought it made sense in the tutorial but in practice I can move forward and turn to the right. Am I stupid or is this control scheme a challenge to figure out? It seems so simple on paper…

It's a little wonkier with offset sticks like the Switch or Xbox (and some bonus wonkiness for the little bitty Joy-Con sticks) but basic movement should still be fine if you're doing it right. Running through the tutorial again is usually helpful if it didn't click the first time.

The only thing I'd expect to be consistently challenging is a charge roll in handheld mode. That borders on challenging with any non-PlayStation controller, and then having a whole system between your two hands doesn't help any.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Simply envision yourself as a zero turn mower.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

One Katamari tip I only recently learned is when you try and do the dash, keep alternating your sticks up and down even after the ball has started spinning. Don't stop until you're moving forward.

I have no idea why I only figured this out last month, despite having played Katamari games for a decade and a half, on and off. I'd always stop moving the sticks when it'd be spinning up, and sometimes that would work, sometimes it wouldn't, and other times, it'd be some pathetic half-dash.

Edit: thinking of it now, it might be from every tutorial marking off that you did the dash the moment after you flick the sticks up and down, rather than after you're ACTUALLY dashing.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Mister Facetious posted:

They interact a bit more, and there are paired quests according to reviews:

“NintendoLife” posted:

Most importantly, characters can now participate in Crossed Paths storylines, where certain party members will join up for extended side storylines that add more depth to their backstories while giving us plenty of time to see how their personalities play off each other directly. These Crossed Paths are written in a similar way to the main quests and often take a few chapters for each storyline to resolve, which has the double effect of giving you more content to see beyond each character’s main questline while also letting you see party members directly interacting and working together to achieve a common goal.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it bugged me so much in octopath that your character functionally became a silent protagonist the moment you stepped away from their dedicated quest.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Ragequit posted:

They interact a bit more, and there are paired quests according to reviews:

Is it too much to ask for square to use the Dragon Quest 4 formula of four separate origin stories that come together and go on a quest to fight the big bad?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Stopped at Walmart to pick up an ingredient I needed for dinner and they had the slot on the shelf for Metroid Prime but no copies loaded into it. Here's hoping they just weren't put out yet.

Not really concerned about missing out or anything, I just know people can get dumb with the first wave.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

Stopped at Walmart to pick up an ingredient I needed for dinner and they had the slot on the shelf for Metroid Prime but no copies loaded into it. Here's hoping they just weren't put out yet.

Not really concerned about missing out or anything, I just know people can get dumb with the first wave.

Wait until we find out next week that the hard copies are a limited run like 3D All Stars :ironicat:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I got a split pad pro. It's pretty neat, definitely a lot more comfortable to hold the switch with it. I just wish it had any kind of rumble at all. I get they want to keep the price down, but I feel like there could be another price point with gyro/rumble.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Mister Facetious posted:

Wait until we find out next week that the hard copies are a limited run like 3D All Stars :ironicat:
All physical copies are limited run except for a small handful of evergreen titles that see regular reprints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

One Katamari tip I only recently learned is when you try and do the dash, keep alternating your sticks up and down even after the ball has started spinning. Don't stop until you're moving forward.

I have no idea why I only figured this out last month, despite having played Katamari games for a decade and a half, on and off. I'd always stop moving the sticks when it'd be spinning up, and sometimes that would work, sometimes it wouldn't, and other times, it'd be some pathetic half-dash.

Edit: thinking of it now, it might be from every tutorial marking off that you did the dash the moment after you flick the sticks up and down, rather than after you're ACTUALLY dashing.

WHAT