Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

2010s poster returns after a decade and turns out to make real bad posts. Tale as old as time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Lord_Magmar posted:

My rankings for Vegapunk are as follows.

1. Vegapunk
2. Vegapunk
3. Vegapunk
4. Vegapunk
5. Vegapunk
6. Vegapunk
7. Vegapunk

Your opinion is stupid, Vegapunk is clearly #1. Vegapunk sucks!

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Punk Docking 6 when?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
cool callback

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i really like how BB/Luffy have both grown but also into like polar opposites. they really are made for a final conflict.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I like how this is the way we learn that Carrot is actually Sengoku's goat in disguise. Didn't see that coming.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Rip hard hat guy

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Was it year of the goat when that volume came out?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ever Disappointing posted:

Was it year of the goat when that volume came out?

came out in 2002, so no

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The goat is there because all four of them are goated

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
its a year of the goat/year of the rabbit thing

also after this upcoming chapter there is a break. not shocking.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

anime was right posted:

there is a break.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

:bignews:

Bb missing different teeth in the first cover, oda confirms triplet theory!

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
No it was milk

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i hope wapol becomes the latest tagalong lol i get a kick out of there always being some weaselly idiot the crew is stuck with since the timeskip

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Wapol is hilarious. Some big fat guy walking through town in the middle of a harsh winter taking bites out of people's houses.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Wapol was a bad villain imo in Drum Island but as a character I love him and I love his continued use, especially now that it’s so important.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Wait, speaking of some weird loser tagging along... what's Caribou up to?

Unless he booked it instantly, he should be up in the Frontier Dome still, right?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Eiba posted:

Wait, speaking of some weird loser tagging along... what's Caribou up to?

Unless he booked it instantly, he should be up in the Frontier Dome still, right?

I saw a theory that he's the one taking out the camera snails and who kidnapped Stella, since that would explain why nobody can detect him right now. It wouldn't explain why the Seraphim turned on the other Vegapunks but Oda isn't above having multiple red herrings happen at once coincidentally I spose

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

It's still a total mystery who Caribou is working for. But he's got 2/3 ancient weapons figured out and going to tell somebody.

Actually poo poo, wasn't Caribou on their ship?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Sub Harrison posted:

It's still a total mystery who Caribou is working for. But he's got 2/3 ancient weapons figured out and going to tell somebody.

Caribou secretly being a super important character, to the story, is kinda funny

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Sub Harrison posted:

Yup, the strawhats gave him a ride because he helped Luffy out in Wano. Though he didn't want them to bring him to a government island so he's not on Egghead by choice. So it's likely he's currently trying to get off the island somehow though who knows what shennigans he'll get up to in the meantime. Either that or he's hiding in his barrel.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Caribou secretly being a super important character, to the story, is kinda funny

its amazing that hes been in one piece for like 400+ chapters and exists entirely to tell someone about the weapons or something lmao

the longest plot thread

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

drat I might have to get this

https://twitter.com/TamashiiNations/status/1628220548089257985?s=20

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

oh the D just stands for Devil and they have the Devil's luck. wow so easy

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Whatever happened to Moria?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Veskit posted:

Whatever happened to Moria?

He's puppeteering Blackbeard's corpse around after Teach tried to use his powers on him and discovered that Darkness qualifies as a shadow. :smug:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Violen posted:

i hope wapol becomes the latest tagalong lol i get a kick out of there always being some weaselly idiot the crew is stuck with since the timeskip

Wapol's power rules and I honestly would love to see more poo poo involving it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Plutonis posted:

Wapol's power rules and I honestly would love to see more poo poo involving it.

I do love how Oda will dole out insane powers to total idiots who just gently caress around. Dude has stomach alchemy, but used it for jack poo poo before becoming the head of a vast toy empire.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

I love carrot

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
I don't know if youtubers or whatever have come out with this one, but I'm like 99% certain I know where Raftel is now. See spoiler if you want.

The Road Poneglyphs actually just indicate Reverse Mountain - the incredibly obvious giant X marked the spot the entire time. At the very end of the Grand Line, there's a grove of Yarukiman Mangroves (as in Sabaody) which provide the bubbles used for ship coating. If you coat the ship at this grove, you can go under Reverse Mountain, where there's another undersea chamber similar to Fishman Island. Raftel is in there.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This MF still saying Raftel

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Waffleman_ posted:

It's comfy.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Waffleman_ posted:

You laugh now, but just wait until the penultimate showdown at Roguetown with Ruffy and Zolo vs. Tanjihado Lofulamingo and Bisoromi Bear.

Honestly though, I'm surprised so many people did switch to calling it Laugh Tale, after seeing the pushback on Paramythia these past couple of decades.

jassa fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Feb 22, 2023

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i have a strong gut feeling wapol will be very important in the last leg of the story one way or another. i don't think it's a coincidence that he's introduced in the same arc as blackbeard, and he just so happens to have a power that can combine people/bodies together. and for oda to painstakingly give him a route back into the main story, with him leaving the cover story and into the main one right when the crew is likely to start tussling with blackbeard?

something is up there

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

jassa posted:

You laugh now, but just wait until the penultimate showdown at Roguetown with Ruffy and Zolo vs. Tanjihado Lofulamingo and Bisoromi Bear.

Honestly though, I'm surprised so many people did switch to calling it Laugh Tale, after seeing the pushback on Paramythia these past couple of decades.

I think that the incredible/iconic spread of Roger Laugh Tale'ing it up did a lot. At least, it did for me.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

jassa posted:

I think probably because Laugh Tale isn't kinda awkward to say, and it's also kinda hard to debate seeing as it was on screen in plain English and then was explicitly given a reason as to why it is the English word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Waffleman_ posted:

I think probably because Laugh Tale isn't kinda awkward to say, and it's also kinda hard to debate seeing as it was on screen in plain English and then was explicitly given a reason as to why it is the English word.

The latter is also true with the Levely, yet even Viz/Funimation still call it Reverie 😂

But yeah, point taken.