Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

bengraven posted:

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but I’m coming back to SA after a long time away and in that time I’ve become addicted to romance, rom-coms, and especially yuri poo poo.

Anyone else reading The Guy She Was Interested in Is Not Actually a Guy?

Goddamn that’s some cleansing poo poo every Sunday every morning.

I think a lot of people here are reading it because it's pretty good, though I must admit the last few weeks are killing my interest pretty hard.

Unrelated but I found out that Special Hazardous Waste Disposal got licensed and since I remember enjoying the one chapter that got scanlated years ago I picked up the first volume, should hopefully arrive on Tuesday together with the entire run of Still Sick which is also really good.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

bengraven posted:

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but I’m coming back to SA after a long time away and in that time I’ve become addicted to romance, rom-coms, and especially yuri poo poo.

Anyone else reading The Guy She Was Interested in Is Not Actually a Guy?

Goddamn that’s some cleansing poo poo every Sunday every morning.

Not Actually A Guy has a really striking artstyle and that's still the main reason I follow it - another reason used to be that it seemed refreshingly straightforward compared to the standard romance fare (yuri in particular) but lately it does seem like it's been leaning too hard on the will-they-won't-they dynamic that you'd expect they would have solved by now. Then again, it might just be the impression one gets from following the story update by update rather than taking it in all at once - the manga really hasn't been going on for that long and the episodes are pretty short, so I don't think there's been enough of it yet to call it slow-paced.

e: Not Actually A Guy is also sometimes covered in the LGBT thread along with other yuri highlights, if you're interested.

SexyBlindfold fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Feb 19, 2023

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

ive been reading some starting today she's my childhood friend!, and while the chapters themselves are good and cute it switched the head image to the volume 5 cover which is giving off very bad vibes

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

it is mie's birthday and all of her regular platonic friends are here

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New Telework in which an Archeologist and Software Engineer continue to demonstrate they are also Chemistry majors.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

a childhood friend with absolutely no ntr! manages to be good despite being in the 'popular new series' rotation thing
the series itself and the notes about the author are both very sweet. updates daily

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

telework chapter 15

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
comments section real mad about the snipe

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Coaaab posted:

comments section real mad about the snipe
I just want to read a series with a quality translation and no drama. I'll wait for Knox's release but this is the 2nd week in a row someone else decided to throw their hat into the arena.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

hey this series is great idk how i missed it!! thank

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

kidcoelacanth posted:

hey this series is great idk how i missed it!! thank

you might also like kasane and subaru by the same author
personally i like it more than telework

the translation is a bit behind on it though, it also has 15 released chapters but only 11 are translated

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

if you noticed mangadex not loading/being very slow a week or two ago it was heroically trying to stop me from reaching the end of the boy who cries wolf tells another lie today

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Megamissen posted:

if you noticed mangadex not loading/being very slow a week or two ago it was heroically trying to stop me from reaching the end of the boy who cries wolf tells another lie today

I've read that one six times over and think I'm about due for a seventh.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

Mirage posted:

I've read that one six times over and think I'm about due for a seventh.

the ending was very bad

when i read it i had to stand up and walk around for a bit

Megamissen fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Mar 2, 2023

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

knox translation of telework is out

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Caught up with Telework (more like TeleDORKS amirite)

it is, imo, a good manga, imo

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I hope he has any version of Earth Defense Force on his shelf. That's some good couch co-op right there. So is sex which could also be considered couch co-op

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

you and i are polar opposites chapter 26, field trip part 2

nishi and yamada focus this chapter, honda is great aswell

e: i should check that i dont mess up the link before i continue cleaning

Megamissen fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Mar 5, 2023

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

guy was not a guy extra chapter + chapter 39

is there some better term than chapter for these short forms?

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

Megamissen posted:

is there some better term than chapter for these short forms?

Omake?

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

not the extra, but the regular short chapters

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Li'l guys.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Megamissen posted:

you and i are polar opposites chapter 26, field trip part 2

nishi and yamada focus this chapter, honda is great aswell

e: i should check that i dont mess up the link before i continue cleaning

absolutely loving ruthless :allears:

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

SexyBlindfold posted:

absolutely loving ruthless :allears:

honda became one of my favorite characters in the series this week... but most characters are that by now lol
i feel like im diluting the concept of favorite but they are all so good
every new chapter makes me feel like mayaka when she read a corpse by evening

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
new Telework
Playing the worst resident evil should have been a turn off. 6 is a dumpster fire but at least he gave her infinite ammo because there is never enough in co-o-op mode.

Edit: Actually, I double checked the UI and they are probably playing Resident evil: 5. Less terrible but still not great.

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Mar 9, 2023

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Brought To You By posted:

new Telework
Playing the worst resident evil should have been a turn off. 6 is a dumpster fire but at least he gave her infinite ammo because there is never enough in co-o-op mode.

Edit: Actually, I double checked the UI and they are probably playing Resident evil: 5. Less terrible but still not great.

It’s not a good game but it is good dumb couch co-op. He chose decently. :colbert:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Homeboy really doesn't seem to understand that his girl's the aggressive type

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Never make assumptions.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

oh of course not, but also, has he been the one to make the first move even once

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Rody One Half posted:

oh of course not, but also, has he been the one to make the first move even once

For the physical interactions he hasn't. But he's been forward with trying to get their schedules coordinated and there was that spot of great advice a couple chapters ago. Otherwise he's kind of followed in step, she kisses him, he kisses back. She borrows books probably as a veiled attempt to keep proximity, he answers back.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

God, Ikoku Nikki's so good.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
i've heard it might even be... da best
i should probably get around to reading it huh

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

bisque doll chapter 89 tonikaku scans church of potteto

Megamissen fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Mar 13, 2023

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

both of those go to tonikaku

Potteto: https://mangadex.org/chapter/faf0214b-8b63-4498-9da3-0d241f3b6217

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

That's one hell of a sales rep.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

thanks, fixed it

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Did Potteto miss the entire joke about battle underwear on pg 18, or did Tonikaku add one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Haystack posted:

Did Potteto miss the entire joke about battle underwear on pg 18, or did Tonikaku add one?

It’s just two different ways of translating the same thing. I assume Potteto chose to not translate it as Battle Underwear for localization purposes