Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Yeah, by the end of Jojolion, I remember thinking "I hate practically everyone on panel at the moment".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I never read JJL but I fear what this universe's Yukako will be like.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

I never read JJL but I fear what this universe's Yukako will be like.

We'll definitely meet her again.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

in daiya's defense she had a HUGE crush

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I've said this before but the Daiya fight gets weird if you reread parts of it and forget that she's blind. Big moments start feeling like "wait why's Gappy doing that this doesn't make any loving sense"

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

In hindsight, I'm surprised JJL Yukako never interacted with JJL Koichi, but I guess Yasuho had enough people thirsting over her as it is.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Consider:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I don't believe in God.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the thing about the higashikata family is that joshuu was the only one who didn't have enough capacity to be based to overcome the familial shithead curse

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Remember that time Norisuke got real sad because Josuke didn't actually want to talk about his sweet bike?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Or when Norisuke got name dropped as orignally Josuke with the Josuke 4 kanji and it sort of went nowhere and meant nothing.
or the weird mark in the house.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Remember when Nijimura's name was completely wrong for half the part and Araki didn't notice because despite being kinda half Josuke's sister and a daughter of Holly, one of the main motivations of the story, she basically disappeared for a good third of it

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Well more than a third and there's never really a moment where Josuke and Kei sort of truly acknowledge who Josuke is and that he wants to save their mum.

and then dies in no time to WoU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Yeah, by the end of Jojolion, I remember thinking "I hate practically everyone on panel at the moment".

I think part of the problem is that we never get enough downtime where Gappy and the Higashikatas get to act more like family to one another. Yes, Gappy tends to be with them in scenes, but it never felt like he spends time with them.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Waffleman_ posted:

Remember when Nijimura's name was completely wrong for half the part and Araki didn't notice because despite being kinda half Josuke's sister and a daughter of Holly, one of the main motivations of the story, she basically disappeared for a good third of it

wasn't she also included in a family photo and then inexplicably removed when we saw the photo again, with the photo matching perfectly otherwise so it was absolutely something Araki deliberately did

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

She was hanging out with her girlfriend Karera and her other friend flashback man just off screen for most of the part.

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

Did the Wall i’s ever actually have any significance?

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
it was heavily implied they gave people stands and were probably caused by the saint's corpse having been buried in morioh by johnny, which is more significant than most potential plot threads in jojolion ended up being

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I wonder if we'll get more info about that in Jojolands or if the Johnny stuff has just been abandoned at this point

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The last chapter JJL quite pointedly brings Johnny & the Devil's Palm back to the plot, with Lucy Steel saying that Morioh is essentially on one to me is Araki essentially saying that the Wall Eyes are a result of it.
I'm sure TJL is going to have something in the same vein eventually.

I wonder if Johnny and Josuke 8 being related, passed down the infinite spin to Soft & Wet's bubbles. By being infinite, it's also hereditary?

TIL that Leicester University's website also had a 2 page undergrad paper published on it that explains that spinning his nails and inifinite spin would be scientifically impossible.
Which to me seems quite obvious but nice to see it proven

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Feb 23, 2023

lih
May 15, 2013

there will probably be a bunch of new rock humans lore that doesn't really clarify anything at all

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I just want Jesus back in the story

lih
May 15, 2013

jesus was a rock human

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

TIL that Leicester University's website also had a 2 page undergrad paper published on it that explains that spinning his nails and inifinite spin would be scientifically impossible.
Which to me seems quite obvious but nice to see it proven

Looking for a $2 mil research grant to prove that you cannot use magic rainbows to turn people into snails.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

lih posted:

jesus was a rock human

Araki genuinely could retroactively write that Jesus kicked Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden because he was going to sell the Rokakaka they ate.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Araki genuinely could retroactively write that Jesus kicked Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden because he was going to sell the Rokakaka they ate.

Jojo's Creed.....

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

*to the tune of Sheena Is A Punk Rocker*

lih posted:

jesus was a rock human

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I wanna rock! (Human!)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't wait for another chapter because my imagination sucks and I can't quite figure out what November Rain does. I need a clear explanation and more examples.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

RareAcumen posted:

I can't wait for another chapter because my imagination sucks and I can't quite figure out what November Rain does. I need a clear explanation and more examples.

My guess: creates "rain drops" that can "melt" what they touch. Being able to melt objects away seems like it could be very useful, and of course it seems if he can manage to hit a person with it then it seems like an instant win. I'm guessing that the "puzzle" of most fights is going to boil down to try to get Jodio in range to use his November Rain on the enemy stand user themself for a punch stomp rush.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

CodfishCartographer posted:

My guess: this stand creates "rain drops" that can "melt" what they touch... Being able to melt objects away seems like it could be very useful, and of course it seems if he can manage to hit a person with it then it seems like an "instant win". I'm guessing that the "puzzle" of most fights is going to boil down to try to get Jodio in range to use his "November Rain" on the enemy stand user themself for a punch stomp rush.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

If that's the case then that makes November Rain the shortest-range Joestar Stand... kind of like Gold Experience, really.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
When your stand can animate a snake and send it to kill someone 30 miles away I’m not sure it can be classified as ‘short range’ anymore.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i thought it was pretty obvious that the wall eyes were just weird things as a sign that the corpse of jesus had made morioh a weird place

did people want like a multi-page spread saying what exactly they were and what they 'do' or something

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I think it mostly comes down to part 8 being a mystery so people try to figure out how all the weird poo poo connects.

If it was more like part 7 people would probably be more accepting of it just being some weird poo poo cause I don't think anyone questions the weird poo poo there.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah i mean. literally the previous part before it spent a whole lot of time saying 'hey these mummified pieces of jesus make things kinda weird and hosed up around them' and we learn that basically the entire thing was brought to morioh at one point and shoved beneath a tree for a while before being removed. i kind of assumed that someone could draw a connection there.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

RareAcumen posted:

I interpreted it as gravity control underneath it, hence the heavy rain and Jodio going for a stomp

I’m sure it’ll be explained within a few chapters

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
November Rain has the ability to Piss with Great Force

Fish Appreciator
Nov 25, 2021
November Rain's power is trans allyship and cop murder. The form it takes is different each time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Johnny Joestar posted:

yeah i mean. literally the previous part before it spent a whole lot of time saying 'hey these mummified pieces of jesus make things kinda weird and hosed up around them' and we learn that basically the entire thing was brought to morioh at one point and shoved beneath a tree for a while before being removed. i kind of assumed that someone could draw a connection there.

While that makes sense and is what most of us assume, only the area where the corpse was buried has equivalent exchange properties and the wall eyes appear in the areas surrounding the town, so I could also understand if the two were separate phenomena. During one of the impromptu rock human explainers during one of the last few chapters it states that they make their homes in places that give special powers like the wall eyes and devils palms, which could be taken to infer that there are different kinds of places like them.