Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

humiliation for loser hunter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Stall_19 posted:

Well the bloodline storyline has drawn huge ratings and attendance unlike what AEW was doing at the end of the year. Though the peak was at the start of this year and not really to be considered.

if TK won booker of the year i'd say its wrong and not because the end of the year but for most of the year AEW was way down and scrambling with the brawl out fallout and the booking was a clusterfuck and it took months to resolve and then it collapsed again because Regal jumped

i'd have taken Gedo

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Yeah scrambling and doing your best to make highly competent pro wrestling after things out of your control force massive changes is definitely the sign of a bad booker. Gotta give it to the guy who’s bummed out that the wrong person got over.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
oh not the hottest take of someone whose show wasnt good for a while maybe not being the best booker because they were trying to make the best of a bad situation, truly the hottest of takes

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

It wasn’t a hot take just a dumb one

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

yea ok posted:

Lol at dave deciding to comment on booker/promoter of the year to pump up uncle Paul and the bloodline

Haven't you heard? It was a story so good it should've won an Emmy?

Anyway, Kento woz robbed

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
The most questionable voting is Takuma Iroha coming in 4th for rookie of the year. I tilted my head in confusion so far I'm almost broke my neck. That's so questionable it has to be some sort of error.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
someone posted the results on reddit and the ebst thing to happen from this is the terminally online being annoyed Maximum Male Models the gimmcik of terminally online antisemite 4channers won worst gimmick and they are aghast

edit: also this

WORST PROMOTION OF THE YEAR

WWE 376

NWA 359

Control Your Narrative 81

i mean i hate WWE as much as the next guy but thats a grade curve if ever, then again CMLL didn't win worst promotion during the period where they were actively trying to kill employees

Lid fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Feb 24, 2023

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Stall_19 posted:

The most questionable voting is Takuma Iroha coming in 4th for rookie of the year. I tilted my head in confusion so far I'm almost broke my neck. That's so questionable it has to be some sort of error.

Wait, the 9 year veteran Takumi Iroha from Marvelous? Who was Artist of Stardom champ way back in 2015? That is bewildering

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

But we couldn’t vote for Takeshita….

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

Wait, the 9 year veteran Takumi Iroha from Marvelous? Who was Artist of Stardom champ way back in 2015? That is bewildering

Which is why I'm thinking that has to be a mistake. It's not even that she appeared in Stardom and people saw her for the first time as she didn't appear in Stardom in 2022.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Takeshita did win an award, for most underrated. Which

Yeah that name doesn't even apply here.

MOST UNDERRATED

KONOSUKE TAKESHITA 114

Chad Gable 98

Ricochet 65

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lid posted:

someone posted the results on reddit and the ebst thing to happen from this is the terminally online being annoyed Maximum Male Models the gimmcik of terminally online antisemite 4channers won worst gimmick and they are aghast

Honestly whatvdvabenmeltzter said about Dean Amanda’s do flux every telling. Also th where at r wee sees himself as a a superstars in friend.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

jesus WEP posted:

Honestly whatvdvabenmeltzter said about Dean Amanda’s do flux every telling. Also th where at r wee sees himself as a a superstars in friend.

... WHAT?!

katatonic
Mar 14, 2007

e: nvm

katatonic fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Feb 24, 2023

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

lol

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in hindsight the whatvdvabenmeltzter thing that guy did was much less weird to look at and more understandable than the angry anti-vaccine gimmick

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

just kidding. that was role play.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

As a Dave head this one really hurts.

The angle got stronger when it didn’t count for balloting, but also it was the best when it counted. Also paul had nothing to do with anything, but he did and he should have won

& The aura of roman reigns, when at the very beginning of the issue he admits The Tribal Chief wasn't a needle mover

Going to need some space and privacy today, boys.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i am reading it as "it was still the strongest (of all options) in 2022", not the strongest that it was in itself. as for the rest, that guy is fuckin stupid

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Cavauro posted:

i am reading it as "it was still the strongest (of all options) in 2022", not the strongest that it was in itself. as for the rest, that guy is fuckin stupid

I'm controlling my narrative on this, and disregarding your correct reading.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm not subscribed, is Dave coping in his own newsletter that TK won Best Booker and Promoter?

Because TK was both of those things and it's not close. The things the man did on PPV in 2022 were loving insane, he's lapping the field at this point. Paul Levesque is a joke compared to him.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

MJeff posted:

I'm not subscribed, is Dave coping in his own newsletter that TK won Best Booker and Promoter?

Sometimes you just have to randomly editorialize certain awards when you haven't in the past. After all, Paul has done so many great things this year.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

yea ok posted:

Sometimes you just have to randomly editorialize certain awards when you haven't in the past. After all, Paul has done so many great things this year.

Yeah like lose 700,000 viewers the second Monday Night Football came back. Gimme a loving break.

I see Roman won best box office, which, laughing my loving rear end off. Dude still needed Cena to parachute in and save his rear end in 2022.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yea ok posted:

I'm controlling my narrative on this, and disregarding your correct reading.

That's your right, which is interpretation, as a poster and Wrestling Observer subscriber, which is loitering. the overseeing guy is Dr. Doom

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

dave has been fedpilled :(

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

MJeff posted:

Yeah like lose 700,000 viewers the second Monday Night Football came back. Gimme a loving break.

I see Roman won best box office, which, laughing my loving rear end off. Dude still needed Cena to parachute in and save his rear end in 2022.

Best Box Office is an objective award not subjective and is based on ticket sales and is not voted on

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

I'm not subscribed

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Don't read my posts, you don't deserve them.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

MJeff posted:

Because TK was both of those things and it's not close. The things the man did on PPV in 2022 were loving insane, he's lapping the field at this point. Paul Levesque is a joke compared to him.

And yet AEW's attendance and ratings are down from where they began the year and wwe's was up. They were competitive near the beginning of the year where Dynamite had a chance to beat Raw some weeks but now they're closer to getting doubled.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

deserve this, brother!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Stall_19 posted:

And yet AEW's attendance and ratings are down from where they began the year and wwe's was up. They were competitive near the beginning of the year where Dynamite had a chance to beat Raw some weeks but now they're closer to getting doubled.

Wow a start up company being competitive with the company that had a near monopoly that sounds very impressive.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The real reason it's good Hunter didn't win best booker is because most of it was Vince the entire time.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Stall_19 posted:

Yeah, Tony Khan is very obviously the best booker and promoter of the year for this reason.

And also for the reason that his shows are excellent and WWE's are loving garbage.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It is objectively wrong to not vote for Dave's friend Triple H and the beloved Uncle Howdy storyline.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Stand up for your favourite promotion, especially if it's WWE.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Wow a start up company being competitive with the company that had a near monopoly that sounds very impressive.

They were competitive....in 2021 and the beginning of 2022, now not so much.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Stall_19 posted:

They were competitive....in 2021 and the beginning of 2022, now not so much.

I'll have to check if the beginning of 2022 was part of the year these awards covered.

And AEW's ratings were up year to year. It wasn't just the beginning of 2022 that their business was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Anyway, Kento woz robbed

this has been true every year for about a decade