Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
This was an older movie, I think it was black and white even. There was an upcoming eating contest and a guy says he knows a woman who should enter, because he's seen her eat [some crazy list of foods.] So the woman does end up entering the contest, but while her competition is stuffing his face she's just sitting there daintily eating her food with a knife and fork at a normal, leisurely pace, upsetting the guy who recommended her.

This was likely a movie my dad rented during my childhood and probably had some old comedian(s) in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

seen goons post this before, is there a source for it? (the mushroom cloud lady not the 10 bucks)

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Alan Smithee posted:

seen goons post this before, is there a source for it? (the mushroom cloud lady not the 10 bucks)
99INJECTIONS - OIL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSGZAUH08Ig

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

thank you!

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Person is doing a deal with other criminals. Gets doubled crossed with a gun pulled by one, other unarmed. Mid threatening guy with the gun falls down. Other guy is like “What happened?” Then the gunshot sound reaches them. Camera pans back to a sniper like a mile away.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

there's a billion movies like that. Does Chris Evans point finger guns at them?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Hughlander posted:

Person is doing a deal with other criminals. Gets doubled crossed with a gun pulled by one, other unarmed. Mid threatening guy with the gun falls down. Other guy is like “What happened?” Then the gunshot sound reaches them. Camera pans back to a sniper like a mile away.

Wanted? aka the curve the bullets movie

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Alan Smithee posted:

Genuinely love that movie

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Success story!

Opopanax posted:

I’m trying to remember an actor, but I can’t think of his name or anything he’s been in specifically and it’s driving me nuts. He’s a character actor, not a leading man type, and I feel like he usually plays bad guys or at least smarmy types. He’s got one of those kind of tight faces, usually wears glasses and is balding. Kind of reminds me of a skinny John Carroll Lynch. Please help

Several posts and a year and a half later, rewatched Spider Man 3 and he has a bit part, it's Marc Vann!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

All I can remember is a sequence where I think a man and a woman visit an institute for people with a disorder. Not a real disorder, a made up fictional disorder. The disorder makes them uncooperative and I think violent. An older woman works at the institute and leads the two characters around, and the people with the disorder cooperate with her. It turns out that she has a relative or something with the disorder, and that link somehow connects her to the patients. The woman is upset by this because she also has some kind of link with people with the disorder, and thinks this means that the older woman is trying to get her to work at the institute too.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It almost sounds like the 90s Outer Limits or another sci-fi anthology. Any clue as to the period? 90s? Earlier?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I AM GRANDO posted:

It almost sounds like the 90s Outer Limits or another sci-fi anthology. Any clue as to the period? 90s? Earlier?

There's an outside chance it's from the 80s But I doubt it, I think I only think that's possible because for a bit I thought I was thinking of Scanners. But I checked the plot summary and it's not Scanners. My gut is somewhere in 1995-2015

It's very annoying because I feel like if I could remember even one more thing about the movie I'd instantly remember what it was. But I can't connect that sequence to any other movie memories in my mind.

It might be Japanese.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Alan Smithee posted:

I like when Jason Statham does it in Crank, because the guys with guns are like 20 feet away.

BrownPepper
Dec 30, 2017

Opopanax posted:

Success story!

Several posts and a year and a half later, rewatched Spider Man 3 and he has a bit part, it's Marc Vann!

Congrats!

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
A movie from 20 plus years ago I saw on tv where a punk looking guys head popped out of the shower head?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Mustached5thGrader posted:

A movie from 20 plus years ago I saw on tv where a punk looking guys head popped out of the shower head?

Not an exact match but The Frighteners maybe?

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.

SiKboy posted:

Not an exact match but The Frighteners maybe?

That’s not it, but thanks. And the more I think on it’s it’s probably closer to 25

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

That’s not it, but thanks. And the more I think on it’s it’s probably closer to 25

The Frighteners is more than 25 years old. It was Jackson's last movie before prepping Lord of the Rings in 1996.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
The original IT had Pennywise come out of the shower plug hole.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Never mind, easy google

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Feb 27, 2023

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Isn’t there a Nightmare on Elm Street sequel where Freddy pops his head out of a shower head? Is it with the bdsm club gym teacher in Part II?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

I AM GRANDO posted:

Isn’t there a Nightmare on Elm Street sequel where Freddy pops his head out of a shower head? Is it with the bdsm club gym teacher in Part II?

Nope. He's fully walked out of the steam in the gym shower, pulled someone into the abyss beneath a bathtub, shown up in the bathroom mirror while using the sink faucet for his hands, pretended to be someone who slit their wrists in the bathtub in a dream, and hosed around with flooding a standup shower, but no head from the showerhead.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

A mook tells his boss some science fact, and the boss goes, "Oh, is that how it works, ENRICO FERMI?!"

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Tokelau All Star posted:

A mook tells his boss some science fact, and the boss goes, "Oh, is that how it works, ENRICO FERMI?!"

Only thing that's coming to mind is Me, Myself and Irene, where two of the brothers are fighting.

"Okay, so, I add up the atomic masses of the proton and neutron, I see's that, but what do I do with the goddamn electron? Can I bring it over here?"

"Enrico Fermi would roll over in his motherfucking grave if he heard that stupid poo poo! I mean, he would just turn over, rear end up in your face, and wouldn't give a gently caress!"

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Can't fully remember the scene but it was a group of guys walking into a room exhausted, looking at something possibly a dead body, and exhaustedly walking right back out.

Assless Chaps
May 7, 2007

*ding*
Clapping Larry

Uncle Wemus posted:

Can't fully remember the scene but it was a group of guys walking into a room exhausted, looking at something possibly a dead body, and exhaustedly walking right back out.

Possibly "Clue." I think there's a scene where yet another person is murdered in the mansion and the guests see it, sigh and leave the room.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Assless Chaps posted:

Possibly "Clue." I think there's a scene where yet another person is murdered in the mansion and the guests see it, sigh and leave the room.

yeah that happens in Clue

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

That's the one, thank you! For some reason I kept thinking it involved Dan Ackroyd or was in evil dead or something.

Uncle Wemus fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 4, 2023

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Short dialogue excerpted as the last ~30 seconds of this song; in brief, first man says to the second man that he envies his life as a poet; poet responds that he envies the life of the swordsman.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Thinking of a scene where a character gleefully describes the process of mummification to others, specifically the bits about using a hook to pull the brains through their noses. Everyone is really grossed out.

My partner thought this was maybe from an Indiana Jones movie but I’ve watched them all recently and it doesn’t happen in them. I also don’t think it’s The Mummy or any other mummy movie. Ring any bells?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

gey muckle mowser posted:

Thinking of a scene where a character gleefully describes the process of mummification to others, specifically the bits about using a hook to pull the brains through their noses. Everyone is really grossed out.

My partner thought this was maybe from an Indiana Jones movie but I’ve watched them all recently and it doesn’t happen in them. I also don’t think it’s The Mummy or any other mummy movie. Ring any bells?

It's the first Mummy movie; Evie is describing the process to Rick and Jonathan.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

The Mummy (1999)? Rachel Weisz does that while they’re futzing around at Hamunaptra, and that would deffo give you Indiana Jones vibes.

God The Mummy loving rules.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Davros1 posted:

It's the first Mummy movie; Evie is describing the process to Rick and Jonathan.

Xiahou Dun posted:

The Mummy (1999)? Rachel Weisz does that while they’re futzing around at Hamunaptra, and that would deffo give you Indiana Jones vibes.

God The Mummy loving rules.

This came up when I was trying to Google it and for some reason I was convinced it wasn’t that movie - I can’t find the exact clip online but watching some others it’s way more Indiana Jones-y than I remember so yes I’m sure that’s it.

Thanks!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Randomly came into my head here.
Could it be Shocker?
Not sure if it has a shower scene though.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

This came up when I was trying to Google it and for some reason I was convinced it wasn’t that movie - I can’t find the exact clip online but watching some others it’s way more Indiana Jones-y than I remember so yes I’m sure that’s it.

Thanks!

Don't overlook Tales from the Darkside the movie. I seem to recall that the description of mummification was pretty enthusiastic.

Here's the scene from The Mummy if it helps though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IXzlO2BNjI

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Just grabbing an old post

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Looking for what I think is a b-list vampire movie or made-for-tv movie from the 90's or early 2000's, I never saw the whole film and only remember this fragment. A female vampire is captured and detained by a group of young black gangsters allied with the protagonist. While the captors are aware of what will happen if they're bit, she taunts them into having sex with her, believing that they won't be harmed by the act. Later, when they are transporting her in a limo to another location, they spontaneously turn into her zombie thralls.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Freakazoid_ posted:

Looking for what I think is a b-list vampire movie or made-for-tv movie from the 90's or early 2000's, I never saw the whole film and only remember this fragment. A female vampire is captured and detained by a group of young black gangsters allied with the protagonist. While the captors are aware of what will happen if they're bit, she taunts them into having sex with her, believing that they won't be harmed by the act. Later, when they are transporting her in a limo to another location, they spontaneously turn into her zombie thralls.

That's Modern Vampires (1998).

Surprisingly emotional performance by Craig Ferguson of all people.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Xiahou Dun posted:

That's Modern Vampires (1998).

Surprisingly emotional performance by Craig Ferguson of all people.

Casper Van Dien? Natasha Lyonne?

this is the most late 90s movie I've never heard of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

Casper Van Dien? Natasha Lyonne?

this is the most late 90s movie I've never heard of

It is profoundly late 90's, yeah. It doesn't reference Vampire : The Masquerade but it might as well.

I haven't watched it in 20-something years so it might have aged terribly, but at the time I thought it was at least amusing in its schlockiness.