Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

tbp posted:

i used to be an Important Person on the competitive pokemon website smogon.com and was invited to the Super Secret Moderator discords and everything and i would make this exact joke every time something leaked from there ("i'm the leaker, sorry, thought it'd be funny lol") and eventually one of the newer admins didn't know that i was loving around so they banned me and never let me back. thanks everyone for reading my post.

Envisioning this including the shocked reactions to the ending playing out as a series of Oda panels :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/sattou0/status/1629314888001785858?s=20

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Pythagoras is weird to me because of all of the Vegapunk aspects his personality is the least recognizable as what he's supposed to be. Granted it's hard to evince 'Wisdom' but he feels really flat personality wise when all of the others have managed to evoke what they are all about.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Shaka is the traitor and Franky's gonna fight him because he's the most likely of the Strawhats to do a 90's surfer dude "SHAKA, BRAH" thing at the end of the fight.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
if shaka is the traitor i hope there's a funny face reveal

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Shaka, when the walls fell

Lol that Lucci is all “Garp and Roger, at God Valley” at Luffy

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Oda did have me there for a sec before the complaints about how hungry the trapped person was, was revealed to be all the Cipher Pol agents imprisoned. Of course now the question is whether Stella just got captured or if they've been impersonated for a while.

Can't wait for the traitor reveal to be Bon Clay, who doesn't even know his boy Luffy is here right now.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Ive seen Shaka with varying epithets like The Proud and The Good which is like, those sorts of things set off my secret traitor alarm so hard. Especially proud.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Lucci is exactly the type of villain who will keep coming at Luffy forever because Luffy will never actually kill him, but he (Lucci) only needs to win once...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Lol that Lucci is all “Garp and Roger, at God Valley” at Luffy

Koby or Smoker would fill better for that.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Excelzior posted:

Lucci is exactly the type of villain who will keep coming at Luffy forever because Luffy will never actually kill him, but he (Lucci) only needs to win once...

The Virgin Akainu “nooo you can’t attack an emperor it’ll trigger an international incident” vs the Chad Lucci

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think they're gonna be friends after this. Or at least no longer enemies.

A Crocodile at Impel Down situation

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Lucci, his eyes closed

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Lucci can be Vegeta and Law can be Sasuke.

Not really sure where Kidd fits in this analogy. Maybe he can be Bakugo?

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Excelzior posted:

I don't think Luffy would really care about killing him. He tried to punch him into the ocean in their previous fight. Lucci just got lucky there was a ship nearby.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think they're gonna be friends after this. Or at least no longer enemies.

A Crocodile at Impel Down situation

Lucci actively wants to murder the whole crew for funsies. I think he gets rescued by Marines and we come back to a fite later on

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Actively wanting to kill the heroes is like the first step in becoming their friends.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Not really sure where Kidd fits in this analogy. Maybe he can be Bakugo?

No, Kidd is uncontrovercially liked.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Nephthys posted:

I don't think Luffy would really care about killing him. He tried to punch him into the ocean in their previous fight. Lucci just got lucky there was a ship nearby.

Yeah. In general, the Straw Hats don't have qualms about killing their enemies per se; they just don't go out of their way to kill them.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Silver2195 posted:

Yeah. In general, the Straw Hats don't have qualms about killing their enemies per se; they just don't go out of their way to kill them.

Luffy went along with the failed attempt to assassinate Big Mom back in Whole Cake after all

But yeah, the Straw Hats might be better people than your average pirate a lot of the time but they’re not pacifists by any stretch

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Feb 26, 2023

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
It still kinda baffles me when people get actually angry at the series for not killing off bad guys. Like somehow the story is incomplete because Luffy didn't beat Crocodile to death on the spot.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Came across a theory on youtube today about Franky utilizing green blood in place of cola in his body like the seraphim.

https://youtu.be/K4Mh-hW53wY

The idea is pretty self-explainatory so you don't really need to watch the video, but it would be a really cool way to powerup Franky for the upcoming fights

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Drakkel posted:

It still kinda baffles me when people get actually angry at the series for not killing off bad guys. Like somehow the story is incomplete because Luffy didn't beat Crocodile to death on the spot.

Honestly, One Piece does a very good job of setting it up so that it makes actual sense that most of the bad guys aren't killed. Most of them end up being punched into the distance/ocean like they were hurled from a catapult. I think it's just Morgan, Kuro, Kreig, Arlong, and Moria who get beaten but not launched.

Even for the non-launched into the sun villains, Morgan is left in Marine custody; Kuro and Kreig are knocked out and tossed to their terrified crew never to be seen again; Arlong is buried under a pile of rubble; and Moria lasts just long enough for the crew to be too exhausted to do anything more. Then there's Smoker, Magellon, and Big Mom who are basically escaped from.

One Piece doesn't really have anybody getting beaten and then let go because killing is wrong, or whatever. The fate of every villain pretty much comes down to managing to get emergency medical treatment before they die off screen. Like, Crocodile got punched through a layer of bedrock and then blasted high into the sky. Pretty reasonable not to scour the city just to have Zoro cut off his head to make sure.

mabels big day posted:

Came across a theory on youtube today about Franky utilizing green blood in place of cola in his body like the seraphim.

The idea is pretty self-explainatory so you don't really need to watch the video, but it would be a really cool way to powerup Franky for the upcoming fights

Green blood is just Vegapunk biting Franky's ability to change on a dime via different beverage choices. You don't want to gently caress with his refrigerator being fully stocked with Surge Soda.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Feb 26, 2023

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

mabels big day posted:

Franky replaces his cola with Mountain Dew.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

mabels big day posted:

The problem is his tech runs on cola, and last I checked green blood isn't cola.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Julias posted:

The problem is his tech runs on cola, and last I checked green blood isn't cola.

yet

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Still holding out hope that it'll turn out the giant robot Vegapunk can't find the power source for actually runs on Cola.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

mabels big day posted:

That'd be a bit too serious, though. The fact that Franky is powered by soft drinks is supposed to be jokey and light-hearted. Getting rid of it for more conventional phlebotinum would be sacrilegious, unless he or Vegapunk finds a way to convert it into fizzy cola, too. Though then we'd have to work out a logistical means of the Sunny running its own green cola brewery.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Frankie replaces the green blood with cola, the Seraphim all double in power but also gain their own rebellious personalities. Luffy thinks it is hilarious.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Drakkel posted:

I do think there at least used to be a weird sense of bad guys having plot armor even compared to good guys. The only characters to die outside of flashbacks pre-timeskip were the Going Merry, Whitebeard, and Ace - all good guys. That said, things have changed post-timeskip with the deaths of Monet and Vergo.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Delphisage posted:

That'd be a bit too serious, though. The fact that Franky is powered by soft drinks is supposed to be jokey and light-hearted. Getting rid of it for more conventional phlebotinum would be sacrilegious, unless he or Vegapunk finds a way to convert it into fizzy cola, too. Though then we'd have to work out a logistical means of the Sunny running its own green cola brewery.
Yeah, Franky's not going to use the green blood. Too edgy. But... maybe Vegapunk can help him make devil fruit infused cola.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Franky will power up by drinking Red Bull

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
The big questions though: Would a green blood infusion be permanent or temporary? If temporary, could anyone (that doesn't already have a Devil Fruit) use multiple strains of green blood to have multiple powers or would they be locked onto one power?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Theoretically you could probably use multiple, but almost certainly there would be no overlap of usage allowed. Also you probably have to take some time and learn how to use them for the most part. Like, it took Luffy several years to learn how to actually punch with any power.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Silver2195 posted:

I do think there at least used to be a weird sense of bad guys having plot armor even compared to good guys. The only characters to die outside of flashbacks pre-timeskip were the Going Merry, Whitebeard, and Ace - all good guys. That said, things have changed post-timeskip with the deaths of Monet and Vergo.

I won't stand for this Mr 11 erasure

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Gyges posted:

Honestly, One Piece does a very good job of setting it up so that it makes actual sense that most of the bad guys aren't killed. Most of them end up being punched into the distance/ocean like they were hurled from a catapult. I think it's just Morgan, Kuro, Kreig, Arlong, and Moria who get beaten but not launched.

Even for the non-launched into the sun villains, Morgan is left in Marine custody; Kuro and Kreig are knocked out and tossed to their terrified crew never to be seen again; Arlong is buried under a pile of rubble; and Moria lasts just long enough for the crew to be too exhausted to do anything more. Then there's Smoker, Magellon, and Big Mom who are basically escaped from.

One Piece doesn't really have anybody getting beaten and then let go because killing is wrong, or whatever. The fate of every villain pretty much comes down to managing to get emergency medical treatment before they die off screen. Like, Crocodile got punched through a layer of bedrock and then blasted high into the sky. Pretty reasonable not to scour the city just to have Zoro cut off his head to make sure.

Don't forget Enel pussying out and going "gently caress this, I'm going to the moon" after getting a beating.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Enel has to be coming back at this point right? With Oda bringing back so many characters from the past it feels like a given

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Len posted:

Enel has to be coming back at this point right? With Oda bringing back so many characters from the past it feels enelvitable

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Enel wont come back but Gin will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

enel has been back