Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well if there is one thing I like about this current series it's that the villains actually have a reason to fight the Pretty Cures in that they want to capture Ellee and beat them up. In Healin Good, Tropical Rouge, and Delicious Party the villains had no reason to engage the Cures or to try and operate in their areas. The Byogens want to be left alone to infect and grow, and so got stronger the longer they were left alone, and so best operated acting far away from the heroes. The Witch's Servants wanted to steal motivation power, so acting in the Cures area just gives it a chance to be taken back. The Bundoru Gang wants to steal the Recipipi's and like the Servants just gave the heroes a chance to take them back by operating in the same area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Nodosaur posted:

Sora and Mashiro should kiss

It is very easy to read them as that, yes. The entirely platonic urge to declare you will act as a girl's knight after you previously called her princess and all that.

Anyway I mostly want to talk about how extra Cure Sky's transformation is (there's like three key changes in the song it's ridiculous) and I eagerly await/hope the other cures get equally absurd transformations.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Larryb posted:

Interesting thing I noticed though, when watching Sora through the mirror Yoyo calls the baby “Princess Elle” but then corrects herself and says that she’s “Elle-chan now”. Perhaps Elle and the woman who saved Sora are one and the same and the latter got reincarnated as the former[/spoiler]

i thought that was just refering to mashiro calling her that, she doesnt know that elle is a princess right, and sora doesnt know that yoyo knows?
yoyo calling her princess elle infront of mashiro and sora might reveal more about how much she knows than she wants to

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hellioning posted:

It is very easy to read them as that, yes. The entirely platonic urge to declare you will act as a girl's knight after you previously called her princess and all that.

Anyway I mostly want to talk about how extra Cure Sky's transformation is (there's like three key changes in the song it's ridiculous) and I eagerly await/hope the other cures get equally absurd transformations.

At the very least I hope they all get their name in the background Digimon style at the end of it like Sora did

Sora is pretty extra herself and probably one of the better leads we’ve had in a little while

I imagine other baddies will show up eventually (you can’t have an empire with just one person after all) but I will admit that Wario the Pig is entertaining at least even though he’ll likely be the first one on the chopping block

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Sora is super extra but they've also made sure she's grounded as well by showing that she has some fear/doubts and it makes her better cause she gets past those

Also we're at 2 princess carries for Sora with Mashiro. I hope this remains a thing for the entire series

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And we have another name reveal:

The bird who sort of resembles Cure Wing has a name that literally means “Wing”, given the naming conventions of the other Cures so far (Clear Sky, Pure White Rainbow. Sacred Butterfly) I think this basically confirms it (now if only we could get a picture of his human form out of uniform)

Assuming Tsubasa is indeed Cure Wing it’d be kind of funny if he just didn’t have a human form and transformed straight from fat little bird to Cure using a wand about the same size as he is (though I’m guessing he’ll become human eventually like nearly every other fairy that’s been in his position)

If true, this will be our first fairy Cure to be part of the starting lineup at least (I’m also curious if he’s Yoyo’s pet, student, or just a young Skyland bird that likes hanging around her house)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Feb 14, 2023

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Sora is super extra but they've also made sure she's grounded as well by showing that she has some fear/doubts and it makes her better cause she gets past those

Also we're at 2 princess carries for Sora with Mashiro. I hope this remains a thing for the entire series

Mashiro gonna start carrying Sora when she becomes a Cure.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Seems like starting this week we’re essentially getting the anniversary messages from HaCha again only this time they’re going to be at the end of the episode right before the ED as opposed to the beginning:

https://twitter.com/TVanime_precure/status/1625766868924645376

Apparently the Cures that appear this time around will be determined by the fans (they’re putting up a poll where people can vote on who they want to see)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Feb 16, 2023

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Haven't we had a cure named Tsubasa already? I feel like we have but I could also just be thinking of Symphogear.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

blossommirage posted:

Haven't we had a cure named Tsubasa already? I feel like we have but I could also just be thinking of Symphogear.

You’re thinking of Symphogear (unless it’s been used as a last name before, I forget)

Speaking of Symphogear, has there been any further update on that new project that was hinted at a while back?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Feb 17, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In other news, Viz just put the entirety of the 90’s Sailor Moon series on their YouTube channel for free:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDDFkfLheQ9g-9QS1CgfAnP5kHwc--qYO

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Larryb posted:

In other news, Viz just put the entirety of the 90’s Sailor Moon series on their YouTube channel for free:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDDFkfLheQ9g-9QS1CgfAnP5kHwc--qYO

Cool.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Looks like Viz is putting a lot more on Youtube which makes wonder if they're fleeing hulu (Not that I don't mind that as no hulu in Canada)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Looks like Viz is putting a lot more on Youtube which makes wonder if they're fleeing hulu (Not that I don't mind that as no hulu in Canada)

Does Viz still stream anime on their main website (I’m pretty sure they used to have Sailor Moon and Crystal up there at least)?

Edit: Apparently those were just reuploads of the Hulu stuff

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Feb 17, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hirogaru Sky 03: This week we meet Mashiro’s parents and Yoyo just comes right out and says she’s from Skyland and knows everything (along with being able to contact them via her mirror), which is refreshingly upfront by Precure standards. Also Sora joins a small percentage of Cures who actually know how to fight out of uniform (and can apparently split boulders in half with her bare hands)

With the revelations presented in this episode it seems we can probably rule out Mashiro’s grandmother as being the hero who saved Sora in the past as she left Skyland before the latter was even born

Our Cure cameos before the ED begin this week with the one we just left Yui/Cure Precious (I would have assumed one or both of the Futari duo’d be first in line but I imagine their time will come soon)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Feb 19, 2023

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I'm surprised we're introducing Cure Prism and Butterfly's Civilian Form in the same episode, personally.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Having played FFXIV I'm suspicious that gathering these Crystal's will lead to the Cures summoning a primal

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also I find it funny that Ageha/Cure Butterfly will likely be the only normal person on the team. Sora’s from Skyland, Mashiro is half (or at least a quarter) Skylandian, and while it hasn’t been officially confirmed yet all evidence seems to indicate that Wing will be a chubby little bird fairy named Tsubasa

The reveal about Mashiro is actually very similar to something that was planned for Maho Girls. Mirai was originally going to be in exactly the same scenario (her grandmother being from the magical kingdom du jour ) but it was dropped during preproduction.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Feb 19, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Saw this posted on Reddit and thought it was worth sharing:

This never clicked with me before now but it’s a nice touch

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Waiting for the Zenkaiger-like scene where a bunch of the older Precures show up and go "Wait what do you mean the leader isn't pink?" And then the followup where the original duo and Suite show up and go "Sometimes the leader isn't pink, and that's okay!"

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

Waiting for the Zenkaiger-like scene where a bunch of the older Precures show up and go "Wait what do you mean the leader isn't pink?" And then the followup where the original duo and Suite show up and go "Sometimes the leader isn't pink, and that's okay!"

Suite’s leader Cure Melody was still Pink (Tropical Rouge’s wasn’t though)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

A new toy listing confirms that not only does our chubby little friend have a last name but also implies he’ll have a human form:

https://tokullectibles.com/products/cure-friends-tsubasa-yuunagi-plush-bird-ver?%5C_pos=8&%5C_sid=dff53a4c4&%5C_ss=r

I’d say this is some pretty hard evidence for Tsubasa and Wing being one and the same at least but we’ll see.

In case anyone forgot, this is Tsubasa:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hirogaru Sky 04:

Cure of the Week: Prism (the cameos will begin in earnest next week)

Ok, I love Ageha already and it’s cool she already found out about the secret even though she probably won’t become a Cure for a few more episodes yet (hell, Mashiro does her first transformation right in front of her).

Between this and the fact that Sora seems to be almost incapable of subtlety I’m starting to wonder if secret identities are even going to be a thing this time around.

Good Mashiro episode as well along with a decent first outing for Prism

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Feb 26, 2023

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Kabaton succeeding with the most Wile e Coyote scheme ever was amazing

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I cracked up when the music died as Mashiro suddenly had a crisis of faith. And Sora immediately falling for a Looney Tunes trap is great. The show has done some very good comedy already, and I'm extremely in favor of Ageha. I'm quite interested in learning more about her, and they've already seeded a couple of possible areas to expand her.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Still kind of curious what Ageha’s connection to Pretty Holic is (it’s in the background of her ending dance) and I hope we see more of the Undergu Empire before long (though Kabaton’s been fun so far at least). I love how Ageha manages to be both extremely extra and also surprisingly responsible at the same time (girl’s got her life figured out better at 18 than I currently do in my late 30s)

This is shaping up to be another season where I love pretty much every Cure in different ways and hope Wing follows suit (speaking of the bird boi, Tsubasa just casually having tea outside with Grandma was amusing as well)

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Disappointed in how much better Sky's attack and transformation look in comparison to Prism's but main character privilege is real.

In any event Prism is cool, Ageha is really cool, and Kabaton is hilarious.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
While I do like Kabaton, I would like to meet his superiors or peers soon as we know nothing about the Undergu Empire. I think this is the longest we have gone without seeing more of the villain group in any Pretty Cure series but Kirakira.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

God, it is so nice to actually be excited about a Precure series again

But yeah, I really hope we start meeting the rest of the villains soon (though there’s a shot in the preview of Kabaton having a drink in an unknown area so maybe we’ll get something this week). You can’t have an empire with just one person after all

The preview also shows Kabaton turning HIMSELF into a Ranborg (which is more often than not a guaranteed death flag for Precure villains, especially since our first team finisher debuts this week)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Feb 27, 2023

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
If it wasn't for the fact that this series have shown Sora and Mashiro are bestest buds I'd be worried from the next episode preview that we'd be in for Suite's bullshit all over again. How many times did they declare they were done with each other before Siren joined? It was at least four.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

If it wasn't for the fact that this series have shown Sora and Mashiro are bestest buds I'd be worried from the next episode preview that we'd be in for Suite's bullshit all over again. How many times did they declare they were done with each other before Siren joined? It was at least four.

Based on the episode description Sora apparently has a dream that Mashiro is attacked by a Ranborg and is basically acting this way in a misguided attempt to protect her

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

On one hand I want to see what Suite supposedly was going to be before the Earthquake, otoh if it was just more Hibiki/Kaede fighting l think the changes ended up being for the better

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

there are a lot of birds around in skyland

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And we’ve got some new episode titles:

https://twitter.com/precurenews01/status/1631244618879897601

Seems like Sora’s going to school soon and we’ll finally be properly introduced to Tsubasa in episode 8

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I can't believe Cure Wing is an ostrich

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Good lord of the orange bird is flightless I cannot imagine how it gets anywhere. It seems too smol to walk.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hellioning posted:

Good lord of the orange bird is flightless I cannot imagine how it gets anywhere. It seems too smol to walk.

He’s got a human form we haven’t seen yet, otherwise I assume Yoyo just carries him around because he’s too small and fat

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Larryb posted:

He’s got a human form we haven’t seen yet, otherwise I assume Yoyo just carries him around because he’s too small and fat
Relatable

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In other news, the fall movie has been announced. It’s called Precure All Stars F and hits theaters September 15th:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=FTtdMuPURJs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

77 Cures accounced, probably will have 78 in the movie with mid-season and Cure Echo and Cure Mofurun will p[probably not appear :(