Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ozymandius1024 posted:

I am going to go with "bad", because teams are definitely going to get people fired looking for the next Josh Allen with measurables guys.

that isn't what Will Levis is though! Will Levis is the "pro-style" mechanics guy of this draft

the only comp he has with Josh Allen is his height and skin tone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Alaois posted:

that isn't what Will Levis is though! Will Levis is the "pro-style" mechanics guy of this draft

the only comp he has with Josh Allen is his height and skin tone

Sorry, I meant more in the "cannon arm, big guy, we can coach the dumb decisions out of him" mold.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

wandler20 posted:

Mel Kiper mock draft:

WTF I love a Mel Kiper mock?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm not super down on Levis.

I'm pretty down on him being a top 5 pick, but he seems okish to me as a late first if someone grabbed him there.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mel's mock is absolutely the best case scenario for the Bears so it won't happen. But I have been saying trade with Indy and take Jalen Carter for months and he managed to get there with the Bears getting more picks.

Also love the Chiefs

quote:

31. Kansas City Chiefs
Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia

The Chiefs could lose both tackles this offseason, with Orlando Brown Jr. and Andrew Wylie hitting free agency. I think they are more likely to get a long-term deal done with Brown, though. That means they might not have the cap space to give Wylie a raise, instead looking toward the draft for his replacement. Jones is a little more raw than the top tackles in this class -- he started 19 games for Georgia -- but he's a mauler who didn't allow a sack last season. He has great feet and could move over to the right side for Kansas City.

If general manager Brett Veach wants to add a wideout here, Jalin Hyatt (Tennessee) is the guy to know. He's a deep threat with outstanding vertical speed -- he could run in the 4.2-second range in the 40-yard dash at the combine.

Yes please

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

ozymandius1024 posted:

Sorry, I meant more in the "cannon arm, big guy, we can coach the dumb decisions out of him" mold.

Anthony Richardson is this comp. IIRC Levis has amazing footwork but not an exceptional arm, and displayed questionable decision making in college.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Bills absolutely have way too many holes to draft an RB with their first round pick, but if Robinson actually is healthy Barkley tier…

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

fsif posted:

The Bills absolutely have way too many holes to draft an RB with their first round pick, but if Robinson actually is healthy Barkley tier…

You know every GM is going through this same debate lol

Angel: Do not loving draft an RB, do not set yourself up to have to pay this guy a Zeke contract in a few years

Devil (and possibly the team owner): BUT WHAT IF IT WORKS LOOK AT THIS SICK HIGHLIGHT CUTUP BRO

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Docjowles posted:

You know every GM is going through this same debate lol

Angel: Do not loving draft an RB, do not set yourself up to have to pay this guy a Zeke contract in a few years

Devil (and possibly the team owner): BUT WHAT IF IT WORKS LOOK AT THIS SICK HIGHLIGHT CUTUP BRO

a buddy of mine and I had basically had this same conversation over the weekend. he wants the vikes to draft bijan in the first

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

fsif posted:

That part made me laugh. Cmon the Bills fans would riot if they took a RB and then someone like Hyatt fell to the Chiefs and turned out awesome.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

kiimo posted:

That part made me laugh. Cmon the Bills fans would riot if they took a RB and then someone like Hyatt fell to the Chiefs and turned out awesome.

I'm not sure they would. They're passing attack has been solid. I think upgrading from Devin Singletary could do incredible things for that offense. Nobody is really afraid of the Bills rushing attack.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The bills really need another pass catching weapon. Much more than rb. Also FA has more quality RB options than WR options this year.

Plus you can just spend a mid round pick and a 7th round pick on RB and chances are good that at least one of them will be serviceable.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Ornery and Hornery posted:

The bills really need another pass catching weapon. Much more than rb. Also FA has more quality RB options than WR options this year.

Plus you can just spend a mid round pick and a 7th round pick on RB and chances are good that at least one of them will be serviceable.

If that’s the case then why hasn’t James Cook taken over

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

James Cook is serviceable, possibly even good. I think he was out snapping Singletary (also serviceable/good) by the end of the season.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Annual yes you can absolutely draft a RB in the first, no a late round RB doesn't bring the same threat to the table as an earlier one, yes yards are gained differently, yes all positions have a short shelf life conversation

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Doltos posted:

Annual yes you can absolutely draft a RB in the first, no a late round RB doesn't bring the same threat to the table as an earlier one, yes yards are gained differently, yes all positions have a short shelf life conversation

Annual emotional falling in love with a running back post: Bijan is amazing and would be awesome in the Bills offense. I can see where that would be really frightening.

Annual hedging emotional falling in love post, I don't want the Chiefs to take him because they found a guy in the 7th round. Who gets up and runs further every time he makes a play after the whistle is blown because he's so excited, which is hilarious. So I don't think KC needs better than that (as long as he's making plays and gets to run wild like an excited puppy after doing so).

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Let me tell you about the time the Chiefs took CEH and the next pick was Tee Higgins and then they found CEH's replacement in the 7th round in Pacheco and Tee Higgins is about to get a cap-busting contract and CEH didn't even attend the SB parade and is probably staring at guys like Saquon Barkley in the competing free agency class and is terrified of the future.

Always take the receiver

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

kiimo posted:

Let me tell you about the time the Chiefs took CEH and the next pick was Tee Higgins and then they found CEH's replacement in the 7th round in Pacheco and Tee Higgins is about to get a cap-busting contract and CEH didn't even attend the SB parade and is probably staring at guys like Saquon Barkley in the competing free agency class and is terrified of the future.

Always take the receiver

The problem wasn't with taking the running back. It was with taking CEH. Almost everyone thought KC was gonna take Jonathan Taylor. If you had, this would be a very different conversation.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yee higgins hurts people a lot also. if the bengals manage to get thje second rated tight end in the draft he will end up being the 6th best

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'd rather have Tee Higgins than Jonathan Taylor

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

I'd rather have Tee Higgins than Jonathan Taylor

Hard agree

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He's so perfect for our team and offense and should have been a significant upgrade to Sammy Watkins but instead spent his career so far just straight murdering our DBs.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
*says angry poo poo under my breath looking at the final Bob Quinn/Matt Patricia draft where they took Jeff Okudah 3rd overall while Justin Herbert was still on the board*

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

kiimo posted:

Always take the receiver

Gurley went before Parker, Agholor, Dorsett, and Perriman.
Zeke went before Corey Coleman, Will Fuller, and Laquon Treadwell.
Fournette went before Corey Davis, Mike Williams, and John Ross.
Barkley went before Ridley and D.J. Moore.
Josh Jacobs went before Marquise Brown and N'Keal Harry.
Etienne and Harris went before Bateman, Elijah Moore, and Rondale Moore.

I'd say the one case you picked out isn't that great compared to the other ones since 2015. CEH was overrated in college and Tee Higgins was passed on by 6 other teams selecting WRs. Even if all those RBs were less impactful than the WRs that were selected after them it wouldn't really matter. There's no way to tell if anyone will perform similarly on different teams in different schemes.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
My team selected Jake locker over JJ watt never take the qb over dlineman

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
My team took a fireman over Cam Jordan never call the fire department

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bills are in their window right now. Use up Bijan for 4-5 years then get a 3rd round comp pick when someone gives him a big deal.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

sportsgenius86 posted:

Bills are in their window right now. Use up Bijan for 4-5 years then get a 3rd round comp pick when someone gives him a big deal.
He'll probably struggle behind our weak rear end offensive line that generates little push.

Like, we absolutely could stand to upgrade at RB, but there are also other problems. And it's hard to disentangle them sometimes.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Top 5 maybe, top 10 for sure:

https://twitter.com/StaceyDales/status/1630923051809357827?s=20

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/brownchubbybear/status/1630925564960800769

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1630939605007572993
oooooof

https://twitter.com/SethWEmerson/status/1630945655781728257

This should be interesting Jalen Carter is talking sometime later today.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Mar 1, 2023

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

My heart is filled with sadness

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Carter supposed to speak in less than 15 minutes. Safe to say that's not happening and his agent has already swept him out of Indy.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Updating my take to "Boy, I hope Arizona takes Will Anderson". We don't need more racers on the team

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Holy poo poo.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

seems bad!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Not knowing anything about players, go back a page and check the mock... oh 4th overall.

Oooh, drat. That's gonna be an expensive whoopsie man.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1630951333724409861?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Oh no

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Who was that lineman who was suspected of murder a few years back? He got cleared but I think he ended up not being drafted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
Welcome to the Dallas Cowboys, Jalen.