Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Namtab posted:

The colonel is a doody head!!!

A meany poopy face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Endorph posted:

if only there were people on earth that understood unsubbed japanese... hosed up

I’m sure they’d all frequent an English language dead comedy forum too.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

I definitely need to watch more trailers now that the spring lineup is p much fully locked

is 49 the record for series airing in one season? that’s not even counting the shows from fall/winter that are delayed

no way, theres been over 60 before i'm pretty sure. this current season has 51 not counting shorts

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

galagazombie posted:

I’m sure they’d all frequent an English language dead comedy forum too.

the anime subforum is exactly the place where you are most likely to encounter people who study and understand japanese to some extent. it's not a mysterious language only native japanese people are capable of knowing

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

there's an entire thread on sa for discussing learning japanese lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i would be willing to bet money that japanese is probably the third or fourth most common non-english language known by this site's users

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Endorph posted:

i would be willing to bet money that japanese is probably the third or fourth most common non-english language known by this site's users

So 9 people? I think you’re seriously overestimating the percentage of people (outside Japan) who consume Japanese media and don’t rely exclusively on subs&dubs beyond an occasional “ooh they said that one word. I recognize that word!” even on dedicated forums. I’m willing to admit I could be wrong though. I am after all a big dumdum who posts on a dead comedy forum.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Endorph posted:

多分

galagazombie posted:

So 9 people?

多分

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
not sure what you are trying to prove at this point

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
I can't read Kanji but I could watch an episode of One Piece with missing subtitles and probably not notice for most of it.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

galagazombie posted:

So 9 people? I think you’re seriously overestimating the percentage of people (outside Japan) who consume Japanese media and don’t rely exclusively on subs&dubs beyond an occasional “ooh they said that one word. I recognize that word!” even on dedicated forums. I’m willing to admit I could be wrong though. I am after all a big dumdum who posts on a dead comedy forum.

Bro you could've left the original post at "western trailers are infamous for spoiling half the movie" and it'd have been a slam dunk, you don't gotta get bogged down in this losing battle about the japanese language. Take the 1/4th of an L and move on, I'm pretty sure there's people around who speak japanese lol

Southern Cassowary posted:

there's an entire thread on sa for discussing learning japanese lol

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
if you take 1/4th of an L then there'll only be three quarters left for light :(

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

top 10 maybe, but theres european languages to compete with.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Endorph posted:

Underestimate the perfidious Finn at your peril.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Also I think I'm going to drop Tensei Oujo. Not really hating it (up to ep 5), but I was kind of bored for the dragon episodes.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Golden Kamuy S4 restarts its broadcast starting April 3rd
https://twitter.com/kamuy_anime/status/1630855645061869568?s=20

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the tensei oujo anime added some decent stuff in the first ep but it kinda feels like it fell into being a pretty flat adaptation after that lacking a lot of the more fun and expressive stuff from the manga

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Endorph posted:

The real question is what you think one through three are.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

AlternateNu posted:

The real question is what you think one through three are.

English, Spanish, French presumably

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
In my experience, English usually is the easiest non-English language to pick up.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

The 7th Guest posted:

I definitely need to watch more trailers now that the spring lineup is p much fully locked

is 49 the record for series airing in one season? that’s not even counting the shows from fall/winter that are delayed

I've gone down the list and there's a half dozen I've picked for this Spring. I'll wait for the Spring thread before going over most of them, but Otaku Elf is on that list. It looks supremely silly.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I'm thinking Spanish, German, and French, but of course

genericnick posted:

Underestimate the perfidious Finn at your peril.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I explicitly know we have Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Dutch, Swedish, Spanish, Portuguese, and French native speakers here but I can't say I know anyone who knows German. Might be the circles I run in but I'd estimate the board is like half Asian by ethnicity.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

FilthyImp posted:

In my experience, English usually is the easiest non-English language to pick up.

especially if it's your native language

marumaru
May 20, 2013

(because of american cultural projection and consequently the boatloads of easily accessible english-language content, english really is super easy to learn. not necessarily because the language itself is easy. me, i never learned english. i just started understanding it one day)

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

I explicitly know we have Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Dutch, Swedish, Spanish, Portuguese, and French native speakers here but I can't say I know anyone who knows German. Might be the circles I run in but I'd estimate the board is like half Asian by ethnicity.

Guten Tag

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Strange Quark posted:

You forgot Italians in that list.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
But I don't know any Italians

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Mamma mia

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

That’s a spicy meatball

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i know Tony Soprano IRL

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Which k-on is his favourite?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Namtab posted:

Which k-on is his favourite?

Azu-nyan

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
oh good, its danmachi day.

goddamn, this week's episode is deliciously brutal

haven't seen something like since Blood-C

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 3, 2023

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009

GateOfD posted:

oh good, its danmachi day.

goddamn, this week's episode is deliciously brutal

haven't seen something like since Blood-C

Been waiting for the :aaa: flashback episode given the obvious lead up to it; did not disappoint. Also really enjoyed the Ryu faces near the end. :3:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Ryuu approaching Rem levels of waifu-ness this episode

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

buddy daddies is a recap episode this week, ugh

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Daddies live too stressful a life to form long lasting memories and need occasional reminders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

duddy daddies