Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Best way to impress MCDC when you first meet him is to go for his kneecaps. He respects it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Gonz posted:

*hurls myself through a window at Lions HQ wearing a handmade DRAFT KANCEY t-shirt*

*Dan hurls a brick with OK written on it at you. You die*

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Docjowles posted:

*Dan hurls a brick with OK written on it at you. You die*

Compost my corpse in the endzone.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Gonz posted:

Compost my corpse in the endzone.

You don't want them to lower you into your grave so they can let you down one last time?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

wandler20 posted:

You don't want them to lower you into your grave so they can let you down one last time?

:boom:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

wandler20 posted:

Hell no. I want to haunt the endzone and trip opposing DB’s and make them look foolish.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Does anyone know if the Combine still has the fast track from last year

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/ustadium/status/1631459863866798080?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

If the 40 yard dash rules are “The runner starts whenever he wants”, what constitutes a false start?

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Gonz posted:

If the 40 yard dash rules are “The runner starts whenever he wants”, what constitutes a false start?

They have to sit motionless for a time and can't use any swinging arm/body motions to affect momentum coming out of the stance.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Symphoric posted:

They have to sit motionless for a time and can't use any swinging arm/body motions to affect momentum coming out of the stance.

Thanks! I had no idea.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Symphoric posted:

Yep. Plenty got whistled for doing that and had to restart.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

SKULL.GIF posted:

Nolan Smith's "official" time came in at 4.39.

If only he had a position or the size to have an obvious position! (Someone legitimately might do this and it makes me sad)

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/marcus_mosher/status/1631486744225890305?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Sheesh, Nolan Smith just ran a 4.44. Bucs should take him at 19.

Yeah my hope of the panthers getting him in the second are gone

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
https://twitter.com/CorbinSmithNFL/status/1631430798405521412?s=20

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I hope he succeeds and then I will refer to him proudly as "former florida gator, anthony richardson"

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I love this time of year, when combine time makes the QB mock draft order slide around a million times and then some stupid team passes on a good QB for a poo poo tier one and CJ Stroud ends up as a loving Jet or something.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Ehud posted:

I hope he succeeds and then I will refer to him proudly as "former florida gator, anthony richardson"

Once a gator always a gator imo

*does solemn jaw snapping motion with arms*

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Palpable.

Well hawks get a chance at a qb at 5 or they get one of Anderson jr or Carter. Seems good :)

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ehud posted:

You should also do this with Kyle Trask!

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/1499121100927778816?s=46&t=ulQHjJ9JRQDh0UYInWn8sg

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

?

I don't think anyone thought Malik Willis was ready to play anytime soon. He had no business playing this year lol. Was always a 2-3 year project.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Dexo posted:

I don't think anyone thought Malik Willis was ready to play anytime soon. He had no business playing this year lol. Was always a 2-3 year project.
That's probably a bit revisionist. There were draft analysts of note projecting him in the top 10 in their mocks from April. Jeremiah had him in the late 1st and Kiper had him to the Steelers at #20 on April 28.

That's not 2-3 year project territory.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Diva Cupcake posted:

That's probably a bit revisionist. There were draft analysts of note projecting him in the top 10 in their mocks from April. Jeremiah had him in the late 1st and Kiper had him to the Steelers at #20 on April 28.

That's not 2-3 year project territory.

Draft Analysts always overstate the non elite QB's. Kellen Mond was mocked in the late first, and he also went in the third.

He was actually drafted in the third to a team that had a QB that is signed to a long deal, that is 2-3 year project territory.

Also Anthony Richardson people are saying are a project and collection of more traits, him sitting behind like a Geno Smith, for a couple of years makes a ton of sense.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
https://twitter.com/art_stapleton/status/1630942583542145024

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Off My Board.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Alejandro Villanueva sheds a tear and respectfully passes the flag then salutes

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

dorky rear end tweet

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I can't be the only one who thinks

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
With those amount of flags he has character concerns, surrenders on plays easily and supports the police

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/nfl_dovkleiman/status/1631721349071896578

this should probably be on the agent's short list of "things to absolutely not say"

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

kidcoelacanth posted:

this should probably be on the agent's short list of "things to absolutely not say"

There has to be more context to this but I will not be researching further and instead will fantasize about an idealized future.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i cannot think of many contexts in which that is a smart thing to say

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I really idolize and respect the approach Sam Hurd took to packing and travel.

I model my team interactions after Richie Incognito.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

kidcoelacanth posted:

Gotta agree - teams should take him off their board until seattle

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/Marcus_Mosher/status/1631707164195553308?s=20

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

gently caress yeah

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

That's a "questionable" in the decision-making intangibles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Maybe, MAYBE if he's talking about Watson's playstyle or if Stroud was referring to what he thought Watson was like before everything came out it'd be okay, but even then you should keep that to yourself