Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Any time I see that Rhett Titus is still wrestling I’m surprised that Rhett Titus is still wrestling. I don’t know if it’s a badge of honor (lol) to brag about spending your entire career in ROH.

Also, he is just painful to look at. He’s so trim and tan and jacked that he looks like he’s going to burst at any moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

He's like a Rob Zombie character. He looks horrible.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Sticky Nate posted:

Thursday is the new Wednesday

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Rhett Titus is only 35.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Edge & Christian posted:

Rhett Titus is only 35.

There’s no loving way this can be true

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rhett had a drink problem for a bit iirc

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ganso Bomb posted:

There’s no loving way this can be true

He's from Ocean City, so I believe it

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

I don’t know if it’s a badge of honor (lol) to brag about spending your entire career in ROH.

Even funnier was when his partner said “yeah, well I’ve been working my entire career just to get to ROH!”

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Wow yeah, imagine representing the promotion you're currently appearing in as a big deal.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo Zack Sabre Jr. was on the first episode of ROH! And he called out Bryan Danielson! :derp:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

rhett of honor

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the guy reading his promo off a piece of paper looked pretty lame ngl

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Lexy made that segment though. She’s getting really good! (Not that she ever wasn’t, but it’s really noticeable)

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lamuella posted:

Wow yeah, imagine representing the promotion you're currently appearing in as a big deal.

I mean I get it in that regard, I’m talking about real life

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

RoH Honor Club Honor thoughts:

PROS:
- Good wrestling
- Reasonable price since you also get the back catalogue, which appears to be extensive
- Picture quality is good, if not spectacular

CONS:
- No Android TV app
- Even sideloaded, the Android app doesn't actually work on Android TV (or at least not on my nVidia Shield)
- Android and IOS apps aren't available in Finland meaning I have to cast from my janky-rear end laptop
- The website is also kinda janky, discoverability is not great meaning exploring the back catalogue is a bit of a pain

I'm probably in for as long as this keeps going because I love good wrestling but it feels like there's a lot of work on the technical side of things to do, because the experience isn't as great as you'd like for 2023.

E: I also had some reservations about them shooting this in the same cave as the do AEW Dark because good lord those crowds are AWFUL, but it seems the RoH name actually lured in people who care about wrestling and are into it and make noise.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Mar 4, 2023

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Weird, there's an app on my android TV.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Pylons posted:

Really? I guess it's just region locked as well. I'll have to check out if I can find an APK of that, because it would immediately eliminate about 3/4 of my complaints.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I also had some reservations about them shooting this in the same cave as the do AEW Dark because good lord those crowds are AWFUL, but it seems the RoH name actually lured in people who care about wrestling and are into it and make noise.

:jerkbag:

The crowd is actually really into it live, for some reason they turn the volume way down on the broadcast. They don’t just pluck randos from citywalk, you have to be a huge wrestling nerd to even know that this event exists.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pylons posted:

Me too! It’s just called Ring of Honor though and not Honor club if that helps.

My big gripe for the app is having to type in my email and password on multiple TVs. Gimme a QR code, Tony!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

RoH Honor Club Honor thoughts:

PROS:
- Good wrestling
- Reasonable price since you also get the back catalogue, which appears to be extensive
- Picture quality is good, if not spectacular

CONS:
- No Android TV app
- Even sideloaded, the Android app doesn't actually work on Android TV (or at least not on my nVidia Shield)
- Android and IOS apps aren't available in Finland meaning I have to cast from my janky-rear end laptop
- The website is also kinda janky, discoverability is not great meaning exploring the back catalogue is a bit of a pain

I'm probably in for as long as this keeps going because I love good wrestling but it feels like there's a lot of work on the technical side of things to do, because the experience isn't as great as you'd like for 2023.

E: I also had some reservations about them shooting this in the same cave as the do AEW Dark because good lord those crowds are AWFUL, but it seems the RoH name actually lured in people who care about wrestling and are into it and make noise.

The website is terrible, took way too long to find the new episode.

Hopefully they can take this on the road for tapings, I'd love to go to one and Im definitely not going to Florida

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

- No Android TV app

I watched the show on my nVidia Shield and got the app through the play store gimmick on there, no sideloading needed.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

flashy_mcflash posted:

I watched the show on my nVidia Shield and got the app through the play store gimmick on there, no sideloading needed.

Yeah I would too if the app was available in my region but for some bizarre reason it's not, despite being able to sub to Honor Club perfectly fine without a VPN or anything.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I watched the show on the Android app and then watched the main event on my computer and it remembered exactly where I left off, which I was not expecting. My big complaint with it now, having not messed around with the back catalogue yet, is that the player needs fast-forward and reverse capabilities because what the fucks is up with that?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It needs a no commentary option. I'm enjoying the shows but listening to commentary from a time before people knew THAT CONSTANT SHOUTING DOESN'T MAKE EVERYTHING BETTER is quite draining.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Gonzo McFee posted:

It needs a no commentary option. I'm enjoying the shows but listening to commentary from a time before people knew THAT CONSTANT SHOUTING DOESN'T MAKE EVERYTHING BETTER is quite draining.

Whoever was in charge of audio on indie-era ROH shows was in way over their head. It was a shock when years later I heard what Lenny Leonard sounds like NOT completely blown out and distorted.

It’s like they did the commentary yelling through those tiny ASMR mics.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Seymour Buttz posted:

Whoever was in charge of audio on indie-era ROH shows was in way over their head. It was a shock when years later I heard what Lenny Leonard sounds like NOT completely blown out and distorted.

Commentary was done in a living room watching the show back in late night marathon sessions so you can imagine what equipment they were using.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Seymour Buttz posted:

i wouldnt change a thing

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

God drat.

Very stoked for Trish/Billie.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

this is Ben Dejo's time to shine

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Tony Deppen is getting his belt back

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sick card

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Yea! Looking forward to Thursday night wrasslin

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Rush, your name doesn't match the others.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Jon Cruz has another persona???

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Penguin Patrol posted:

Jon Cruz has another persona???

jon cruz isnt on that flyer op

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Kennel posted:

Rush, your name doesn't match the others.

Rushico

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Seams posted:

Rushico

Rushtoroblanco

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Finally finished watching the first ROH ep. I hope they go to 1 hour from now on, 2 hours is a lot for me to fit in over the weekends especially when there's New Japan shows

- ZSJ is the absolute best and I love him so much

- Soup is really good at being expressive without even speaking

- Josh Woods is a lowkey great, I hope he gets to be a big part of ROH going forward

- Rhett Titus has far too many teeth than a human should have. It's like he's been drawn by an AI

- Lady Frost has literally got the most gorgeous moonsault I've ever seen. That was ridiculously smooth.

- Athena/Willow gonna own

- Claudio is a loving jerk. Eddie was right

Rarity fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Mar 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

Finally finished watching the first ROH ep. I hope they go to 1 hour from now on, 2 hours is a lot for me to fit in over the weekends especially when there's New Japan shows

- ZSJ is the absolute best and I love him so much

- Soup is really good at being expressive without even speaking

- Josh Woods is a lowkey great, I hope he gets to be a big part of ROH going forward

- Rhett Titus has far too many teeth than a human should have. It's like he's been drawn by an AI

- Lady Frost has literally got the most gorgeous moonsault I've ever seen. That was ridiculously smooth.

- Athena/Willow gonna own

- Claudio is a loving jerk. Eddie was right

Yeah I think 2 hours was too much. Agree with all your points