Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

:siren: We've got an NFL version of Kobe Wade, this is huge

And I can very easily see Richardson having a similar career to Dion Waiters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

xbilkis posted:

:siren: We've got an NFL version of Kobe Wade, this is huge

And I can very easily see Richardson having a similar career to Dion Waiters

Nothing wrong with being someone the streets will never forget

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I really want JSN if the top tier OL are off the board.

https://twitter.com/joshnorris/status/1632171920782229504?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Mar 5, 2023

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Ok you get some Got That Dog In Em points but could you like maybe just not?

https://twitter.com/JaydenReed5/status/1632169778013171712

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Get that man a zpack

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

come to butthead

lol they even did the MPH thing I wanted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41WFI-ivcCQ

e: his throws are so nastyyyyyyy please come to Seattle

Ornery and Hornery fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 5, 2023

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Those dudes can actually throw the ball tho Richardson.

Looking forward to whatever dumb team burns a first round pick on this bust

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Those dudes can actually throw the ball tho Richardson.

Looking forward to whatever dumb team burns a first round pick on this bust

He for sure can throw it. I just not to the right dudes at the right time.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

BlindSite posted:

He's gonna throw it so hard and fast, cornerbacks gonna drop easy catches.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

BlindSite posted:

Throws are in the back half
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMhMGeejrRU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Region locked, so I can continue being a hater. Suck it

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

CJ Stroud should be the first QB off the board and you won't convince me otherwise.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Sataere posted:

CJ Stroud should be the first QB off the board and you won't convince me otherwise.

It’s crazy to me that a) this is a question and b) there are people who legitimately think there are no elite prospects in this class.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It’s crazy to me that a) this is a question and b) there are people who legitimately think there are no elite prospects in this class.

People poo poo talked the 2011 class at points too. So lmao if you got a poo poo one in that first round.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

CJ Stroud is a flawless prospect and I love him and I want him to be happy.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think Stroud is still the second QB to go. I think Hendon Hooker might be more well liked than people think too. his age is whatever and a knee injury is whatever but I think if he finished up 100% healthy he might have been in the mix with the top guys.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think Stroud should be in the mix for QB1 and it's crazy that someone might take Levis or Richardson over him, but it's kind of weird to post his combine highlights and go "See? This guy is the best" when those drills are testing something everyone knows is a strength of his (ball placement) and has nothing to do with his possible weaknesses (reading/identifying defenses, processing)

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I think you’re right Blindsite. There seems to be a drat fierce consensus that Bryce is QB1.

I don’t really get it. I don’t think Bryce is bad or anything, but Stroud just seems exceptional and better.

I kept waiting for some red flag or issue to pop up with Stroud to explain why people aren’t as hot on him… but there doesn’t seem to be anything. Besides maybe he’s kind of cold blooded, laid back, and super religious?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CJ Stroud has one massive red and silver flag

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I think you’re right Blindsite. There seems to be a drat fierce consensus that Bryce is QB1.

I don’t really get it. I don’t think Bryce is bad or anything, but Stroud just seems exceptional and better.

I kept waiting for some red flag or issue to pop up with Stroud to explain why people aren’t as hot on him… but there doesn’t seem to be anything. Besides maybe he’s kind of cold blooded, laid back, and super religious?

I think its just that Bryce is huge on the extras, like reports are he used to come back to coaches with game plans and changes to their scheme based on their opposition etc. Like the high level pro poo poo. Bryce is already supremely accurate, doesn't have a plus arm or size, sure but if he's bringing the work that the psychos seem to, and it appears as if he is, he will be super quick to adapt.

I almost feel like Levis might drop more than everyone thinks too.

Young
Stroud
Richardson
Hooker
Levis

wouldn't shock me after some stuff I've been seeing today.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Mar 5, 2023

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Alaois posted:

CJ Stroud has one massive red and silver flag

We still doing this huh

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
for what it's worth I think all this Richardson stuff is smoke screening.

I take the relative silence on Stroud and Young as those are the dudes people want, but just don't want to tip, as a number of teams might have to trade to get them.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

a neat cape posted:

We still doing this huh

until the day i die or the day ohio state produces a single quarterback worth a drat in the nfl, whichever comes first

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ballard loves measurables and his interviews this week seem to lean toward Stroud being the person he wants. So if they trade up, I think they take him. If he's gone then I think they take Richardson.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

dwayne was going to be good for pittsburgh

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Alaois posted:

until the day i die or the day ohio state produces a single quarterback worth a drat in the nfl, whichever comes first

Fields is pretty good

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

a neat cape posted:

Fields is pretty good

justin fields has been good for one quarter of his 2 years in the NFL so far

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Alaois posted:

The only reason Fields didn't break Lamar's rushing record is because he was hurt, the Bears were tanking and they held him out of the final game.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Alaois posted:

Fair but you can point to a specific moment when the switch flipped. Which was the week when the Chicago coaches watched film of mobile quarterbacks and said "oh yeah we should maybe do that stuff :thunk:". Why it took a season and a half for that to happen is perhaps the more pressing question. But they got there and I think Fields is extremely interesting going forward. Especially if they can fix the raging dumpster fire around him at like every other position other than maybe RB and TE.

Some teams try to build the infrastructure and then drop a QB in at the end. The Bears did whatever the polar opposite of that is.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Mar 5, 2023

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Docjowles posted:

Especially if they can fix the raging dumpster fire around him at like every other position other than maybe RB and TE.

"Needs more weapons" is a meme for bad QBs for a reason, but for Fields it really does seem true for him to even have a chance the way they were using him as a straight up drop back passer until recently. That roster is like someone went to war with it and then salted the earth after they won.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

"Needs more weapons" is a meme for bad QBs for a reason, but for Fields it really does seem true for him to even have a chance the way they were using him as a straight up drop back passer until recently. That roster is like someone went to war with it and then salted the earth after they won.

Agreed. And I'm including defense there too, they couldn't loving stop anyone so it was entirely on Fields to drag the team to a win if they were going to get there

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/joshnorris/status/1632200066176778240?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

xbilkis posted:

I think Stroud should be in the mix for QB1 and it's crazy that someone might take Levis or Richardson over him, but it's kind of weird to post his combine highlights and go "See? This guy is the best" when those drills are testing something everyone knows is a strength of his (ball placement) and has nothing to do with his possible weaknesses (reading/identifying defenses, processing)

Those weaknesses are honestly overblown. Tim Jenkins has some good analysis videos on YouTube where you can see him go through progressions fine.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Timby posted:

The only reason Fields didn't break Lamar's rushing record is because he was hurt, the Bears were tanking and they held him out of the final game.

Yeah but if you're going that way you might as well consider Lamar sat for multiple 4th quarters in 2019 because games were long won and he didn't even suit up for the last game too

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

sportsgenius86 posted:

Those weaknesses are honestly overblown. Tim Jenkins has some good analysis videos on YouTube where you can see him go through progressions fine.

Yeah I generally assume most of what people raise on the post-snap processing front is as much a byproduct of the OSU system + talent as much as anything. Still, worth noting that if those weaknesses were real, they wouldn't show themselves in a pre-draft workout setting

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Is this the strongest TE class in a while? I don't usually follow drafts closely but I can't recall the last time we had more than two highly-touted TEs in any draft, let alone four, let alone all four being very distinct from each other in their strengths.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1632146650490609669?t=cTLx4L4Pj8weDUMvW2U3ng&s=19

the LB stuff is interesting

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

SKULL.GIF posted:

Is this the strongest TE class in a while? I don't usually follow drafts closely but I can't recall the last time we had more than two highly-touted TEs in any draft, let alone four, let alone all four being very distinct from each other in their strengths.

Yeah, it's a great TE class.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Is this dude good at actual TE things or just loving fast? Because the Colts have been trying "draft absolute physical monsters at TE" for a while and it has not worked out at all. But I am certainly erectinterested in these numbers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Docjowles posted:

Is this dude good at actual TE things or just loving fast? Because the Colts have been trying "draft absolute physical monsters at TE" for a while and it has not worked out at all. But I am certainly erectinterested in these numbers

Well, prior to today I don't think anyone would've described Washington as "loving fast". He was known for being a colossal brick wall of a player who will block you into the loving ground. Sometimes he might catch a TD a couple times a season.