Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Dammit I set my lineup! How did Bryant drop out?

Crazy cyclone here at the moment - havent had power for 2 days and even the phone network has been down. Might need some help coaching through this haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I got you. Glad to know I can do that after hours now.

And yeah if you need help this week that's fine there's only two more lineups this week.

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Are we still locked at 7 transactions even though it’s two weeks of games for this round?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
The Fleaflicker system is still treating it like two separate weeks, I'll be tallying the results to stitch them together.

So 14 transactions all told.

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Ah cool - thanks!

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
So who ended up with the most All Stars? I think I have three - JJJ, Doncic and Sabonis. That's probably about average.

Come on Wiggins get your poo poo together.

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Feb 20, 2023

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Jrue, Ja and Bam. Zion if he counts.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Giannis, and uh Pascal made it as an alternate or something yeah?

Fantasy version of Grit 'n Grind.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

I'm finally reading through the last 6~ months of N/V threads, and they're mostly locked so I need to MacGyver together a quote in here:

The Maestro posted:

quote:

WhyteRyce posted:

Yelling “Light the loving beacon” out loud leaving the arena is really satisfying

Lmao

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Also stay tuned for an update in here later today with the cross-over qualifiers scores and all that.

The Fleaflicker standings are not representative of our current league status anymore; I can custom input schedules but I can't alter how standings are determined without it retroactively altering past results too. So "the median" is totally irrelevant going forward but the site/app will still award wins for it.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Haven't been up to doing any work on the computer lately, herniated disc => sciatica => spinal stenosis (?TBD?).

Anyways, here's a minimalist update:

Regular Season Final Standings

Results from Part 1 of the on-going seeding/cross-over rounds

So for the 4 match-ups which affect who makes the top-8 bracket, as of Wednesday:

Balrog was ahead of EricCart by 31.81
Air Endil was ahead of Shadow by 135.92
8pt9sec was ahead of HoJimbo by 209.53
Durin was ahead of Boromir by 168.92

So keep those values in mind when looking at what Fleaflicker is calling "This Week's Scores".

The other four squads are doingna seeding thing, I'll draw something to make it clear, but every game counts for securing a higher seed.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Guaranteed one of #1 / #2 / #3 / #4 Seeds

The Orcs Were...
Saruman
Red Panda
You Tolkien

Guaranteed one of #5 / #6 / #7 / #8 Seeds

Air Endil
EricCartman

Head-to-Head Qualifiers for Top-8

Balrog Balls
vs
Durin's All-Star Kin

Shadowfax, Lord of all H-O-R-S-E
vs
8 pts 9 seconds

Competing in the Consolation Bracket

Ho! Jim Boylendil
Boromir Don't Lie

Regardless of which group your team is in, this week's games will at minimum affect your playoff seeding.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

lamelo ofs, lebron dead for like 2 weeks at least, shai got the goddang roni. i seem to have chosen the wrong time to lose my entire team

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Ghost Dog posted:

lamelo ofs, lebron dead for like 2 weeks at least, shai got the goddang roni. i seem to have chosen the wrong time to lose my entire team

gently caress that sucks ghost, sorry man.

If you win your quarter-final round then there's a good chance Lebron & Shai are back though (albeit I've no idea if LBJ will push to return if the Lakers lose more ground the next few games).

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Rivetz (Air Endil) going all-in on Tyrese Maxey :monocle:

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

kalensc posted:

Rivetz (Air Endil) going all-in on Tyrese Maxey :monocle:
you can't take it with you

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I meant those trade requests but I guess it's probably not fair for one of the comishes to tank now that I think about it. Unless y'all think it's fine and then let's say I'm open for business for draft picks lol.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
You have been found guilty of tampering after the trade deadline and must now surrender the following picks:

7th round, 2023-24
8th round, 2023-24
7th round, 2024-25
8th round, 2024-25
7th round, 2025-26
8th round, 2025-26
7th round, 2026-27
8th round, 2026-27
7th round, 2027-28
8th round, 2027-28
7th round, 2028-29

These picks will be distributed evenly among the other owners as compensation

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Was late to the draw getting my lineup set. If possible to just swap in my actives on the bench for players not playing that would be appreciated.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

ScooterMcTiny posted:

Was late to the draw getting my lineup set. If possible to just swap in my actives on the bench for players not playing that would be appreciated.

I gotcha

rivetz posted:

You have been found guilty of tampering after the trade deadline and must now surrender the following picks:

7th round, 2023-24
8th round, 2023-24
7th round, 2024-25
8th round, 2024-25
7th round, 2025-26
8th round, 2025-26
7th round, 2026-27
8th round, 2026-27
7th round, 2027-28
8th round, 2027-28
7th round, 2028-29

These picks will be distributed evenly among the other owners as compensation

Lol like honestly the deal would still be worth it to me.

I'm not gonna force the trade through if people want to vote to veto please do, or if anyone is mad about it I also will cancel it.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

On the one hand, I like the idea of a big trade that gives the league a dynasty feel, with future top picks being given up for a boosted chance this year.

On the other hand, we're already in the playoffs (or playoff qualifiers) which feels late in the season for deals that could turn a bubble team into a top contender.

But afaict no official deadline was listed, and we're all just playing this league for fun and bragging rights, so I dunno; I feel like I could lean either direction!

Meanwhile, the two final "Win & In" qualifiers are crazy competitive:
pre:
Balrog Balls  1408.45
Durin AS Kin  1403.34

Shadowfax  1455.49
8pts 9sec  1429.77

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Yeah I totally get why people would or wouldn’t be for it. I was just looking at the players on the block and thought- gently caress it this would be fun

edit: ja why you do this to me

edit edit: if the trade isn’t going to process tonight can I have tari eason back in my lineup? Only put him in taxi so I’d have an open slot

Chronicles fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Mar 5, 2023

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

The Official Playoff Seeding

#1 - Saruman Shoulda Hooped
vs.
#8 - Shadowfax, Lord of H-O-R-S-E

#2 - Red Panda at the 5
vs
#7 - Balrog Balls

#3 - The Orcs Were Setting
vs.
#6 - EricCartman2000

#4 - You Tolkien About Practice
vs.
#5 - Air Endil

The Championship Bracket Format

This Week - Quarter-finals (see above)
Next Week - Semi-finals (4 QF winners with re-seeding)
Weeks 23 & 24 - Two-Week 1st & 3rd Place matches

The Consolation Bracket Format

This Week - These four teams compete for Consolation Bracket seeding (C5 through C8)

8pts 9seconds
Durin's All-Star Kin
Ho! Jim Boylendil
Boromir Don't Lie

Next Week - Re-Seed 4 teams eliminated from Championship Quarter-final (C1 through C4) and set Consolation QFs match-ups

C1 vs C8
C2 vs C7
C3 vs C6
C4 vs C5

Week 23 - Two sets of Semi-Finals, one battling for 5th thru 8th place, other 9th thru 12th

Week 24 - 5th, 7th, 9th, and 11th-place match-ups

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

kalensc posted:

On the one hand, I like the idea of a big trade that gives the league a dynasty feel, with future top picks being given up for a boosted chance this year.

On the other hand, we're already in the playoffs (or playoff qualifiers) which feels late in the season for deals that could turn a bubble team into a top contender.

But afaict no official deadline was listed, and we're all just playing this league for fun and bragging rights, so I dunno; I feel like I could lean either direction!

Meanwhile, the two final "Win & In" qualifiers are crazy competitive:
pre:
Balrog Balls  1408.45
Durin AS Kin  1403.34

Shadowfax  1455.49
8pts 9sec  1429.77

We should definitely establish a trade deadline if that's something that's important to people for sure.

I also have been thinking a lot about what to do to make winning worthwhile but unfortunately every idea I come up with is wildly unbalanced (like the idea I was considering was the winner got an extra keeper, which might not be a big deal in a smaller league, but we have so many people the bluechippers are at a major premium)

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I think we should set a trade deadline, maybe the All-Star game or something, just to A) avoid any potential dumb bullshit in the future and B) so we're all clear and not confused

I'm not particularly concerned about this trade or anything but now that we're in the Official Playoffs I think we should probably say the trade deadline has passed and that's our last trade for the year

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i feel weird asking but how did i go from #1 seed to behind someone i beat in the qualifying round? i won vs red panda by 40 pts combined. did i misunderstand something

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Dutchy posted:

I think we should set a trade deadline, maybe the All-Star game or something, just to A) avoid any potential dumb bullshit in the future and B) so we're all clear and not confused

I'm not particularly concerned about this trade or anything but now that we're in the Official Playoffs I think we should probably say the trade deadline has passed and that's our last trade for the year

That seems fair to me.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Ghost Dog posted:

i feel weird asking but how did i go from #1 seed to behind someone i beat in the qualifying round? i won vs red panda by 40 pts combined. did i misunderstand something

Sorry, I neglected to put up the details, but it was same as last year:

Top 4 regular season teams battle over multiple weeks to rise/fall in the seeds. It wasn't head-to-head, it was a pool of 4, Fleaflicker just doesn't let me show it in that format.

So during the cross-overs, the top 4 posted:
pre:
Tm.Name  Wk18+19 Rk.  Week 20 Rk.
-------  ------- ---  ------- ---
Saruman  2527.93 1st  2195.01 1st
RedPand  2258.34 3rd  2125.71 2nd
TheOrcs  2299.59 2nd  1657.72 4th
YouTolk  1954.94 4th  1943.22 3rd

And if you look at the season as a whole, regular season and the above results, you end up with the top 3 all sitting on 29-11 records (including median) and the PF tiebreaker going

pre:
Saruman 37,133.89
RedPand 36,270.75
TheOrcs 36,047.95

But since I didn't make it super clear how the top 4 were being ranked these past few weeks, I'm happy to drop to 3rd Seed and bump The Orcs to 2nd. Since you did win that first Week18&19 match-up, and ended the regular season alone on top.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

The Updated Official Playoff Seeding

#1 - Saruman Shoulda Hooped
vs.
#8 - Shadowfax, Lord of H-O-R-S-E

#2 - The Orcs Were Setting
vs
#7 - Balrog Balls

#3 - Red Panda at the 5
vs.
#6 - EricCartman2000

#4 - You Tolkien About Practice
vs.
#5 - Air Endil

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

nah dont do that i just didnt realize it was total points. i was just asking rip

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 7, 2023

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

yeah nvm this is stupid

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Mar 7, 2023

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

chill

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
)=

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

yeah idk im psycho posting for no reason my bad

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
We're all psychos it's fine.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

So just to be clear for Rick, Scooter, & Deimos, this week all your teams are in a group together, and your results amongst yourselves will help settle your seeds for the 8-team consolidation bracket.

It'll be based on two values: your record as of the end of the regular season, and your rank in the group this week. The use of two values is reward regular season success for Scooter & Rick while still giving Deimos a shot at going up a few ranks and positioning themselves for a run at 5th or 7th place.

------

Related to this league but not fantasy related: does anyone here happen to be pals with CartMountain off-site, like via messenger or social media or whatever? They haven't posted on SA in 2 months nor checked their Boromir lineups in 5 weeks. I assume they're just IRL busy but was hoping there'd be a way to check in and see how they're doing.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Giannis Out
Kessler Out
1/3 my roster only playing 2 games this week
This is gonna be a bummer QF exit unless I get some miracle performances

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
In Dejan’s I have those two and LeBron and Brunson and am in a must win to make the playoffs.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Rick posted:

In Dejan’s I have those two and LeBron and Brunson and am in a must win to make the playoffs.

=/

Could this be the clutch bid just before half-time that turns the tide?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
It's definitely possible. I just wish he wasn't hurt every other day or I would have never dropped him at all.