Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
See this is a split up and fight I can get behind. Its all messed up and crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Fantastic chapter!

Good action scenes!

Zoro figuring it out and the others being understanding, and then explaining just how obvious it was and the others yelling at him was a fantastic gag. Zoro as a stoic idiot is always good humor.

Lilith's cool bubble gun is going to be an amazing powerup for Usopp eventually. I liked her little thumbs up at his adulation.

I like that Franky/Ussop/Lilith were essentially defeated by Franky's intense empathy. Franky's such a good guy.

I guess we've narrowed it down to Pythagoras who's the traitor. We saw his head briefly in the fight with S-Snake, but not his fate. I wouldn't be surprised if it was his body that got up and shot Shaka. And yeah, that was a brutal shot.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

have I mentioned how good it is that Nami stole her powerup from an Emperor? such a good character

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Good ch.

Ronnz
Mar 6, 2010
Loved the chapter!

Someone on Reddit pointed out the "KTOK" sound on the last page was also used for Imu walking, tho I guess it's just a general sound for heels clicking?

Personally I gotta say executing someone with a gun and heels clicking kinda screams Doflamingo for me, all I want is a rogue S-Flamingo, maybe even puppeteering the other Seraphim, overwriting the command structure.

The original seems treacherous enough for his clone to be a hard to control dickhead, I guess?

Also, check out Sanji's eyebrow.

Ronnz fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Mar 9, 2023

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Ronnz posted:

WHAT my jaw has been dropped

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

TheKingofSprings posted:

Wano was just so bloated and it really lessens the impact of what’s going on to have so many characters taking up space that I just simply do not give a gently caress about

This is why it's going to be really fun when one piece enters its big shonen finale arc and every character has to have their chapter spotlight to punch the villain.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

I don't know how lovely the translation is but this seems like it could be very very important. If the Green Blood is Lunarian and the "Energy of the Sea" works to weaken that, are the Devil Fruits Lunarian in origin?

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Robviously posted:

I don't know how lovely the translation is but this seems like it could be very very important. If the Green Blood is Lunarian and the "Energy of the Sea" works to weaken that, are the Devil Fruits Lunarian in origin?

The "green blood" is the liquid devil fruit essence, nothing to do with Lunarians. Basically they're Devil Fruit powered and that's their weakness. The bubble works like seastone/the ocean on DF users.

Ronnz posted:

Loved the chapter!

Someone on Reddit pointed out the "KTOK" sound on the last page was also used for Imu walking, tho I guess it's just a general sound for heels clicking?

Personally I gotta say executing someone with a gun and heels clicking kinda screams Doflamingo for me, all I want is a rogue S-Flamingo, maybe even puppeteering the other Seraphim, overwriting the command structure.

The original seems treacherous enough for his clone to be a hard to control dickhead, I guess?

A secret serephim makes less sense than a traitor Vegapunk. Though thinking it over, in addition to Pythagoras's headless body, there's one other Vegapunk unaccounted for: Atlas. Does she love violence so much that she wants to fight the World Government?

Also, re: Sanji: Holy poo poo I did not notice that. He's gone full Germa supersoldier in defense of Nami. That's... worrying!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ronnz posted:

:psyduck:

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

yeah lunarian stuff is just dna being spliced into the clones, the green blood is devil fruit/lineage factor stuff and totally seperate

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Sanji having to fight off the evils of his new Devil Trigger is super cool!!!!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Looks like Nami has the same inability to fight children that Sanji has to fight women - but unlike Sanji, she has a thundercloud minion who can do the fighting instead.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

The only Straw Hats that would fight a child are Luffy and Usopp

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

The only Straw Hats that would fight a child are Luffy and Usopp

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

Looks like Nami has the same inability to fight children that Sanji has to fight women - but unlike Sanji, she has a thundercloud minion who can do the fighting instead.

Feels like it's been a while since Zeus made an appearance. Maybe sometime during the arc intro, can't really recall as Oda's been cutting all over the map during our stint at Egghead.

Zeus existing in general also means that Big Mom's alive somewhere, and I suppose Kaido as well. Definitely think both of them are out of the story for good, Oda would have to be a real madman to make that work, they're both too strong players to keep on the board at this point. Maybe Oda will show Linlin in one of those post-arc wrap ups, the force of the volcano eruption causing her amnesia to flare up again and now she's living a peaceful life out in the sticks with her homies wherever she got frisbee'd off too.

I got nothing on Kaido. Is he dead? Alive? Hard to imagine him put down in the cement if mammy is lying in a ditch unconscious somewhere. Either way Kaido's out of the picture for sure, he's less of a character and more of an obstacle to overcome given the wafer-thin 11th-hour backstory we got, but maybe that's how Oda wanted him to be 🤷

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Kaido and Big Mom will quietly retire together obviously.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

White Light posted:

Feels like it's been a while since Zeus made an appearance. Maybe sometime during the arc intro, can't really recall as Oda's been cutting all over the map during our stint at Egghead.

Zeus existing in general also means that Big Mom's alive somewhere, and I suppose Kaido as well. Definitely think both of them are out of the story for good, Oda would have to be a real madman to make that work, they're both too strong players to keep on the board at this point. Maybe Oda will show Linlin in one of those post-arc wrap ups, the force of the volcano eruption causing her amnesia to flare up again and now she's living a peaceful life out in the sticks with her homies wherever she got frisbee'd off too.

I got nothing on Kaido. Is he dead? Alive? Hard to imagine him put down in the cement if mammy is lying in a ditch unconscious somewhere. Either way Kaido's out of the picture for sure, he's less of a character and more of an obstacle to overcome given the wafer-thin 11th-hour backstory we got, but maybe that's how Oda wanted him to be 🤷

Prometheus was a creation of Mother Caramel who continued to exist after her death. Unless there's an exception here, like because the fruit was immediately transfered between Caramel and Linlin, we can assume the effects of the Soul Soul Fruit can linger after death. So, sadly, Zeus existing does not prove Big Mom is alive on its own

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

https://twitter.com/TCBScans/status/1633774615876042752

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

:hai:

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Ronnz posted:

That big kick is Okama Kenpo - it's the same move Ivankov used against Kuma once.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

https://twitter.com/TCBScans/status/1633830835974737920

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Here's the link
https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/5662/one-piece-chapter-1077?&date=9-3-2023-18

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

There has been a noticeable lack of giraffe power from Kaku these past two chpaters.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

SNIPER KING IS THE TRAITOR!!!

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Glad Oda got around to establishing that Kid Hancock’s powers operate on cuteness

Wellwinds
Mar 20, 2010
Last chapter Lucci said he'd save killing the crew until after he killed Luffy and now he's joining in the comedy bits, vegetafication is well underway

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Cat Machine posted:

Glad Oda got around to establishing that Kid Hancock’s powers operate on cuteness

Not actually anything being cleared up, or even new information. Moe has always ridden the line between finding thigs adorable and finding them sexually desirable. The whole point is that they're "desirable". So yeah, still creepy.

Other than that and Nami's rear end shot, this was a good chapter. Good to see Shaka's head didn't actually explode., though that does more convincingly put him out of the running for being the traitor.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Mar 9, 2023

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

if the soul fruit powers deactivated upon the user’s death totto land would be a really hopeless project and everyone there would be hosed i guess

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Big Mom is gonna come back as a vengeful skeleton and marry Brook

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Big Boned.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Wellwinds posted:

Last chapter Lucci said he'd save killing the crew until after he killed Luffy and now he's joining in the comedy bits, vegetafication is well underway

To be fair, who could resist after Zoro's line :allears:

Good chapter, I'm glad these fights are getting out of that "everyone launches their attacks, which don't work" pattern. Now we know of two concrete weaknesses of the seraphs, I'm sure both are going to come into play.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

yep

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Delphisage posted:

Moe has always ridden the line between finding thigs adorable and finding them sexually desirable.

Please stop bringing that word up.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
If I wasnt on my phone I would post the panel of usopp and hotpunk chuckling. It is very cute.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Begemot posted:

To be fair, who could resist after Zoro's line :allears:

Good chapter, I'm glad these fights are getting out of that "everyone launches their attacks, which don't work" pattern. Now we know of two concrete weaknesses of the seraphs, I'm sure both are going to come into play.

I particularly like this reaction because if you go from bottom left corner to top right, each of the 3 has 1 unique feature in their reaction. Lucci has normal teeth while the other two have fangs, Luffy's eyes are bugging out while the other two are angry whites, and Kaku has a hat.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Mar 9, 2023

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

MorningMoon posted:

Kaku has a hat.

big if tru (spoilers)

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

mabels big day posted:

Prometheus was a creation of Mother Caramel who continued to exist after her death. Unless there's an exception here, like because the fruit was immediately transfered between Caramel and Linlin, we can assume the effects of the Soul Soul Fruit can linger after death. So, sadly, Zeus existing does not prove Big Mom is alive on its own

Actually, the sun homie mother caramel had was a different one called Pandora, not Prometheus, so we don't actually know if the powers persist or not still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Remember when Big Mom withdrew her power from Zeus and he survived by merging with the Clima Tact? I’m pretty sure he exists independently of Big Mom now.