Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

uh, sure *backs away*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Ahab beset by a tempest, the wind slapping him on the back while howling "groooss, senpai~"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/joeobligations/status/1538715041029050371?s=20

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Lol

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm not sure about being teased by jesus.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Jesus loves me this i know
kyahhh, senpai, why are you so slow

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Look, I've read Saint Young Men, Jesus is a big-time Himbo with an overprotective dad.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I think it is funny how from then point on in nagatoro they are obviously dating and their friends describe them as girlfriend and boyfriend but also they won't admit it even though they have set up some alternate narrative stakes so they don't really need to drag it out.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Southern Cassowary posted:

yeah, coming into this season of nagatoro i wanted less creepy sadomasochistic "comedy" bits and more character development (particularly, for naoto to take control of some of his own growth) and it did a pretty good job on delivering that, particularly as the season went on.

uzaki can be funnier, though. the fuckin surreal choco-mint bit is incredible.

She's right about mint.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
When Jesus came back to life on the third day and all the apostles were crying he was like "lol, gottem"

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
"Oh judas-kohai, do you want me to wash your feet again? Eeeeewwwwwwwwwww"

Jesu, you washed Judas's feet?!

":ghost:"

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

So how about that seasonal anime. I love it personally, more than cringe posts. I love anime and trigun stampede

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Namtab posted:

So how about that seasonal anime. I love it personally, more than cringe posts. I love anime and trigun stampede

revenger's pretty cool

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Namtab posted:

Tomo-chan has been cute. I think they're going to cover the entire manga in one season.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I’ve been watching Revenger, Tomo-Chan, and Blue Lock. I’ll catch back up on To Your Eternity but drat that orb has been grim and depressing lately.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Namtab posted:

Higari no Ou is good. Also:

revenger's pretty cool

And I like the Nier anime. And still watching Kaina, but it's not very good, really. Dropped Tensei Oujou, because it wasn't really keeping my interest.

genericnick fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Mar 12, 2023

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Namtab posted:

So how about that seasonal anime.
More than a Married Couple is quite trippy and I can only assume it takes place in some kind of messed up Low Birthrate apocalypse society.

Handyman Saitou really swerved with its setup for the second half and it was way more inventive than I assumed. Keeps delivering great stuff layered with just dumb-as-hell comedy.

Tomo-chan has been a joy every week. Going to miss it bigly.

Isekai is over. Now is the time for

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

30 years of virginity is easy.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Tomo is good.

Angel next door is surprisingly good.

Chillin in my 30s is indeed pretty chill.

Fire Hunter I dropped. The animation is just so rough and despite the interesting premise it just feels really slow.

Nier I'm enjoying a lot.

Trigun is also fun despite not knowing the original.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I've only been following Buddy Daddies and it's been really good.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

revenger is good
sugar apple fairy tale is good
hikari no ou is good or at least compelling thanks to kenji kawai plus the novelty of some of the insane storyboarding decisions
magirevo hasn't really replicated the magic of that first episode but it's solid

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Tales of Woe posted:

revenger is good
sugar apple fairy tale is good
hikari no ou is good or at least compelling thanks to kenji kawai plus the novelty of some of the insane storyboarding decisions
magirevo hasn't really replicated the magic of that first episode but it's solid

That's about how I feel about Magirevo, yeah.

What's up with Sugar Apple Fairy Tale? I avoided it based on assuming fairy slavery was just going to be gross but it's got some nuance to it I'd be curious to check it out.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

lord justice?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
magirevo kinda has the shokei shoujo thing where you can immediately tell the staff wanted to put effort in but it feels like after the first episode they just immediately stopped being able to do that. maybe it'd be better if the pipeline for these adaptations wasn't so machine-like

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

What's up with Sugar Apple Fairy Tale? I avoided it based on assuming fairy slavery was just going to be gross but it's got some nuance to it I'd be curious to check it out.

its just a solid shoujo fantasy series that looks really nice, good art direction and char designs.

idk about nuance but the first arc is mostly about how the protagonist is stupid and naive and doesnt understand systematic oppression, its not some shield hero thing, the show clearly thinks she sucks lol. i dont think its gross but i didnt think ancient magus bride was gross either so ymmv

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Vinland Saga (still very well written) and Trigun Stampede (greatly improving on Maximum IMO) for me. Will probably check out the judo show later.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The Colonel posted:

magirevo kinda has the shokei shoujo thing where you can immediately tell the staff wanted to put effort in but it feels like after the first episode they just immediately stopped being able to do that. maybe it'd be better if the pipeline for these adaptations wasn't so machine-like

I wouldn't say production has been an issue as it's looked solid for all episodes and has looked good when it's needed too. It's more a case of pacing as it's trying to get 3 volumes into 12 episodes and it's cutting out some introspection and finer details to get there. I think it's a minor issue and still think it's a really good adaptation but I've been reading the LN and manga to fill in those spaces and can see why someone reading those may not fully click with the anime

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
We've still got a couple of weeks before Spring season is here, but it can't hurt to look at what's coming out and to get some thread title recommendations based on them.

https://anichart.net/Spring-2023

https://myanimelist.net/anime/season/2023/spring

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Spring Season 2023: I'll Kill You (In Golf)

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

It's been a good season. Fire Hunter, Revenger, Pokemon, Vinland and UY have been what I most look forward to, but Bungo and MHA have also been poppin off, and Mononoke hitting netflix w a dub was a good excuse to check that out. Will prolly binge Nier when its done. Also I fell off Bocchi on its third ep, so there's that to blow thru sometime, maybe.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Spring season will have Mix season 2, which will be one of if not the best anime of the year. That's likely all I'll be watching and heck it's all I'll need.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Spring has anxiety war crimes gundam tanuki tomato sauce.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..

Julias posted:

We've still got a couple of weeks before Spring season is here, but it can't hurt to look at what's coming out and to get some thread title recommendations based on them.

https://anichart.net/Spring-2023

https://myanimelist.net/anime/season/2023/spring

pretty stacked season

ones i'm interested in so far

new Demon Slayer
Oshi no Ko
Konosuba
Yamada-kun lv999
Otonari ni Ginga
Dead Mount Death Play
Ao no Orchestra (know nothing about it, but always like to give music anime a chance)

and the usual bunch of isekais I already read a bit of to see if the studio that's doing it is worth following for a season

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Spring 2023, ash ketchum is loving DEAD

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
when are they gonna release a timeskip epilogue for Ash

where's he's married to Misty and sending their kid off on his/her own adventure

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Ash actually married pikachu

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

They'll absolutely still make movies w Ash

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

excited for Heavenly Delusion, looks like it's getting all the production values

i have like 6 or 7 continuing shows somehow, so i'm kinda glad so much of the season is milquetoast romance stuff i dont care about

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

GateOfD posted:

when are they gonna release a timeskip epilogue for Ash

where's he's married to Misty and sending their kid off on his/her own adventure

I still find it funny how much that ship was pushed by western localizers when there's like zero evidence of it in the Japanese material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Spring 2023 - Gundam is gonna murder you with Golf!

Spring looks good with Yuri is my Job, Season 2of Witch from Mercury , Birdie Wing season 2 being the shows I'm most looking forward too