Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Coaaab posted:

banshees and women talking were the only nominees that went under two hours

No wait I saw Banshees too but I knew it wasn't gonna win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm 54 years old

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Dangerous Person posted:

No wait I saw Banshees too but I knew it wasn't gonna win
i was less high on banshees than most people, but i'm not not miffed it got zero oscar recognition

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I think my favorite movie from last year was the new Hellraiser. Liked it a lot.

I could be wrong though, I don't remember everything I saw. It's all swimming in an ocean of youtube playlists of Napoleonic Wars in my head right now.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I didn't watch a single new movie last year but I'm very happy for Michelle Yeoh and Jamie Lee Curtis because I like them.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

The only movies I watched last year were Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero and the last 42 minutes of Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Did those get any awards?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I watched a ton of riff trax last year. And the new candyman which I really enjoyed. And Nope. Those were all good. Sonic 2 was really good.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I like movies I watched a lot of them last year, new and old.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Genuinely surprised Michelle Yeoh won over Cate Blanchett and Michelle Williams. Not saying that like she didn't deserve to win awards for her performance, just that I am surprised it went that way.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The Suckademy is in bed with politics to do "good" things and take peoples attention away from important things not being done goodly. just kidding. I'm 25 years old. my mother god rest her soul.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Will Smith has breached containment and was last seen sprinting on all fours like M3gan (snubbed film of 2022) toward the Kodak Theater. May God be with us all. I am 34.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

i was very sure that the will smith thing happened like, in the last 4-5 months and not a year ago ;_; I am 38

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

barbarian was a kickass movie

surprised blanchett didnt win for tar but everyone loves that everything everywhere movie i guess

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Tár was so loving good. Even better on second viewing when you know what’s coming.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

I watched a ton of riff trax last year. And the new candyman which I really enjoyed. And Nope. Those were all good. Sonic 2 was really good.

I haven't kept up with rifftrax since like 2015 and now I feel like I'm just too behind to ever get back into them and caught up, which I know is a silly thought to have since they're just jokes over movies. that happens to me with a lot of things that have too much content to reasonably consume

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
That Juliard one take from Tar was sooooo good. Been wanting to rewatch for that scene alone. Ditto for the ending monologue from Pearl

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Someone will be pleased to know Barry Lyndon is free on youtube, and I watch it daily now.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

https://y.yarn.co/2e4fefcf-f2c8-4bcb-8209-f90fff56c1fe.mp4

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i am pleased to know, thanks pal

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

we're all dealing with some level of cold and/or flu here so i'm drinking tea and watching columbo

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

Someone will be pleased to know Barry Lyndon is free on youtube, and I watch it daily now.

I went to a Kubrick exhibit once and got to see the space lens they shot it with.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

https://youtu.be/gxmD7AQ49Fg

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
the last movie i saw in a threatre was dark knight rises

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

graph posted:

Hi James

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

graph posted:

it really was quite bad, wasn’t it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jesus lmao

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

This movie is also free on Youtube. You should watch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbFfhcDmFJY

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

styrofoam cup >:I

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Captain Magic posted:

My favorite part was when Selina was pondering the lawless quarantine zone Gotham had become when Bane showed up and became it's Terror Emperor, and Juno Temple came up behind her and was like "why are you sad? This is what you wanted when you voted for Obama." And then she turned to point directly into the camera and said "And you! You wanted this too!"

David S Goyer belongs in the Hague.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Shard posted:

This movie is also free on Youtube. You should watch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbFfhcDmFJY

Thanks for this, we were literally just chatting in my college group text about how this isn’t available anywhere.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I’m very proud of you for this

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Captain Magic posted:

wait poo poo i meant dark knight returns? the one with heath ledger

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i guess avengers came out after that though. so maybe it was avengers

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The last movie I saw in theatres was Candyman '92. I'm 92 years old.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

good morning. no more work for me this week, got no plans other than chill

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I got big time important doctor appointment today and I'm real nervous :[

Gonna watch some One Piece to chill out

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I got big time important doctor appointment today and I'm real nervous :[

Gonna watch some One Piece to chill out
best of luck pz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

The important thing about Everything Everywhere winning is that James Hong now has a SAG Award and an Oscar. All glory to David Lo Pan.