Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I want to know rohan's critique of undertale

Also animal crossing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Pink Dark Boy in Fortnite

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
Epic acquired the license during the events of Hot Summer Martha.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Begemot posted:

And since Dragona is a teen in 2023, it could be literally anything!

seems like a weirdly boomer-ish take on things

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

CodfishCartographer posted:

Which is the best version?

They all have problems, imo.

The first release we had is a clear last, for me, but that comes with trying to be first. The image quality, translation are bad (but the meaning is intact).

Dogpark is more straight laced translation and it has bits where it has better english writing than HWMN and bits where it doesn't. It's inconsistent.
We Need More Yankis is also partially translated by Dogpark and this one has the more localised, naturalised English feel to it to the point where it feels like the group could go really edgy and 90's anime fansub. I personally also think it's maybe the closest in style to an official manga release (not particularly JoJo here) and I'm not sure if that's good.
Image quality on both Dogpark related ones is fine.

Hi Wa Mata Noboru is same old same old from them, reliable, stilted, odd, consistent.

I think the best is probably HWMN, with the Yankis one second, but honestly, other than the first one, they're all pretty much in the same ballpark.
The optimal release would probably be HWMN with an editor who make the characters sound like people.

Joudiou

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Johnny Joestar posted:

seems like a weirdly boomer-ish take on things

They're right

But in a cool, based way, rather than lame and cringe way

Lt Jon Kavanaugh
Feb 8, 2012
Which translation do I read if I never want to see a tilde again in my life please and thank youuuuu~~~~~~

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I love how I went from musing about the implications of a stand named after a King Crimson song to immediately forgetting about that because holy poo poo Rohan Kishibe

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Lt Jon Kavanaugh posted:

Which translation do I read if I never want to see a tilde again in my life please and thank youuuuu~~~~~~

I however would like the translation with the most tildes and unnecessary U's please

JouJouLands~

Populon fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 16, 2023

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

In the best possible way the undercover cop giving Jodio the old 'if you ask me I'm a cop I have to say' speech in the Jojo house style really felt like an affection bit of self parody lol

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Real Tom Bombadil energy, this guy.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Alright my theory is that this Rohan is the same Rohan from the original timeline and Part 9's really about bringing the old and new timelines together somehow as a big sendoff.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Neo_Crimson posted:

Alright my theory is that this Rohan is the same Rohan from the original timeline and Part 9's really about bringing the old and new timelines together somehow as a big sendoff.

Final battle is Giornio using GER vs Jodio's November Rain Go Beyond

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Wonder if there's any significance to the fact that Jodio and Rohan both have GNR stands

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Plebian Parasite posted:

Wonder if there's any significance to the fact that Jodio and Rohan both have GNR stands

Rohan has a Bob Dylan Stand, thank you very much :colbert:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

How good are your imaginations? Because mine sucks. I see Silver Chariot, Tower of Gray, The Sun, The Emporer, Sex Pistols and Aerosmith etc and go 'Ah, these I understand immediately everything that they can do.

I still don't know what to expect from The Hustle or new guy's Stand. Still pretty convinced that Jodio's rains pure force like Marvel Cyclops' eye beams.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
I really like how most of the protagonist stands we have seen so far don't seem to be made for direct fighting. And even Jodio's very offensively focused stand is pretty different from the usual humanoid stands that Jojo protagonists usually have. It makes me think we'll see a lot of really creative uses and interesting fights with these powers.

I think Dragona and hotdog guy in particular are going to pull off some really crazy stuff. This part is off to such a great start.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's so early that they might not all be in the long term crew.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

It's also early enough that the way their stands work will surely change at some point. The Matte Kudasai's limitation of only duplicating things that other people want seems, to me, like something that will be cast aside pretty quickly.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/paladiknighted/status/1636415069839069184

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I figured out how jodio's stand works: it pulls the raindrops down with the gravity from his enormous balls of steel

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

No Dignity posted:

In the best possible way the undercover cop giving Jodio the old 'if you ask me I'm a cop I have to say' speech in the Jojo house style really felt like an affection bit of self parody lol

i was disappointed that the speech wasn't setting up a stand attack

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Rohan has been totally destroyed by zany schemes before. He does not stand a chance.

Roihan will absolutely play along with this way longer than he should and get in genuine peril because of it, as is tradition

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

This has to be a deliberate homage, right? There are just too many direct parallels.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Roach Warehouse posted:

This has to be a deliberate homage, right? There are just too many direct parallels.

I’m certain it is. It’s not like he hasn’t done it before; the man copied an entire backstory from Holes.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rohan is absolutely down to clown on a get rich or die trying story. Excellent material for the manga. I can see him giving them the diamond anyway and playing the distant advisor role.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I could also easily see Jodio being this universe's Josuke to this Rohan

Jodió tu cabrón!!

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Mar 17, 2023

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

lance reddick died before he could play live action pucci, gently caress this

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I find out about celebrity deaths in the weirdest places

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't wait to see Rohan's Vtuber studio

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

RareAcumen posted:

I can't wait to see Rohan's Vtuber studio

He designs models for VShojo

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

Patware posted:

lance reddick died before he could play live action pucci, gently caress this

gently caress

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Pigbuster posted:

I’m certain it is. It’s not like he hasn’t done it before; the man copied an entire backstory from Holes.

My favorite detail about that is that those chapters came out like a year before the movie, meaning he read the popular American YA book Holes, just for fun.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Begemot posted:

My favorite detail about that is that those chapters came out like a year before the movie, meaning he read the popular American YA book Holes, just for fun.

That's not surprising, Louis Sachar is the Araki of American YA books

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I can't wait for the Stand that can only be defeated by carrying its user up a mountain and singing Latvian folk songs to them.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

ROHAN: Boy it sure was weird that time started going really fast when I was working on my manga one day. Anyway, now to relax in my pool and enjoy my bigass diamond.

ROHAN: Now that I never have to see Josuke again i'm sure all my violent teen troubles are over forever

I do love how it's not an alternate design or anything, it's just straight-up Rohan. The only constant in all universes.

e: also lol at Jodio pausing after some (self-defensive) cop murder to be like "so a bit about me: i'm a real messy bitch. a liar. a scammer, i love robbery and fraud. a messy bitch who lives for dra

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Mar 18, 2023

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yinlock posted:

ROHAN: Now that I never have to see Josuke again i'm sure all my violent teen troubles are over forever

I do love how it's not an alternate design or anything, it's just straight-up Rohan. The only constant in all universes.

He was drawing his manga so fast he had no idea time was speeding up at the time. The only person besides Emporio to hitch a ride to the new universe.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 18, 2023

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Rohan looks outside, squints as cowboys on horseback ride past his house, shuts the curtains and goes back to his manga.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
Oh my loving god I was not prepared for this, how is this part already so good ahhhhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Yokiter/status/1636509220928466951?s=20