Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
My guess/hope is that both Denji and Asa lose to the Falling Devil and end up in Hell.

Because guess who's in Hell right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Neo_Crimson posted:

My guess/hope is that both Denji and Asa lose to the Falling Devil and end up in Hell.

Because guess who's in Hell right now?

I want this to be true so bad. I want Asa to reach a feral Power through the power of cats.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
They meet Power in hell.... after she adopted Crambon.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

MorningMoon posted:

holy poo poo what did Crambon do to get sent to hell? :catstare:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Happy Landfill posted:

Look I love the little guys but we all know all cats go to hell, it was part of that movie, okay? Don Bluth wouldn't lie.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

MorningMoon posted:

Noooo now I have to reread the series to see if this is possible

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Happy Landfill posted:

There hasn’t been mention of heaven in this world so maybe hell is where everyone goes

Maybe pochita ate heaven devil at some point

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Happy Landfill posted:

I mean you know the answer to this question. All Cats Go To Hell

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

SexyBlindfold posted:

I've been loving the journey of Asa collecting Ls like she owns a printing press, but at this point I think I'm ready for, and perhaps even need, her to win at something, just once.

Didn't she beat the Eternity Devil?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
It's extremely fitting her W hinged on someone showing up to call her a loving moron.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Fujimoto: Let’s see these little nerds cosplay THIS!

The nerds:

Hours after the chapter drops:
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7210591398347869486

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

This is interesting

She has 12 arms, but her right arm has two elbows

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
The chapter makes a point to linger on the Falling Devil undressing its victims before adding them into its body, and then get “embarrassed”that it’s naked leading to the chef outfit. Huh, Don’t know how to interpret that

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

There hasn’t been mention of heaven in this world so maybe hell is where everyone goes

There is a mention of Heaven, though. Only one I can remember, but it does get mentioned.

Angel Devil tells someone about to die that she'll go to heaven. Now, that could just be Angel Devil lying to comfort someone, but combined with Aki's afterlife scene being very different from Hell, that suggests that there's a place for sheep as well as goats.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

This is interesting

you can see on the page before she grabs the clothes that all of her arms have at least two elbows

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
falling devil also has a dick

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
trans rights

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Steve Yun posted:

makima tells us that there used to be multiple "options" at the end of life, but pochita ate all of them aside from death, so definitely possible

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Steve Yun posted:

This is interesting

Based on the thumb placement, the lower gloved hand is actually another left arm.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

goblin week posted:

trans rights

in this case I think it's mostly going to be trans ups and trans downs

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

There is a mention of Heaven, though. Only one I can remember, but it does get mentioned.

Angel Devil tells someone about to die that she'll go to heaven. Now, that could just be Angel Devil lying to comfort someone, but combined with Aki's afterlife scene being very different from Hell, that suggests that there's a place for sheep as well as goats.

Aki playing catch after death is pretty unambiguously heaven.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

LostRook posted:

Aki playing catch after death is pretty unambiguously heaven.

That or the final few firing synapses of his dying devil possessed brain.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

I bet chainsaw man is going to chop this demon in half! Can't wait!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

That or the final few firing synapses of his dying devil possessed brain.

He wasn't dying. He was dead. Double dead, even, since he died to get his corpse possessed, and then the Gun Fiend died, with Future confirming it before we get the last panel of Aki and his brother playing catch.

(Amusingly enough, if we take that as heaven, that means the Hayakawa trio was completely split at the end of the series. Aki went to Heaven, Power went to Hell, and Denji stayed on Earth.)

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

chiasaur11 posted:

He wasn't dying. He was dead. Double dead, even, since he died to get his corpse possessed, and then the Gun Fiend died, with Future confirming it before we get the last panel of Aki and his brother playing catch.

(Amusingly enough, if we take that as heaven, that means the Hayakawa trio was completely split at the end of the series. Aki went to Heaven, Power went to Hell, and Denji stayed on Earth.)

We don't know for sure that Power didn't make it to heaven! She was a noble prize winner after all

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

tbp posted:

makima tells us that there used to be multiple "options" at the end of life, but pochita ate all of them aside from death, so definitely possible

I think stuff like the insanity star and the death alternatives could just be urban legends that weren't real before devils showed up but took on a life of their own due to how devils work

edit: ive made this post before, gah

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Mar 17, 2023

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I choose to believe that Pochita ate Remina and whatever other work was being referenced there.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

We don't know for sure that Power didn't make it to heaven! She was a noble prize winner after all

Unfortunately, it was actually Denji who won the Noble prize for his perpetual motion machine.

The Blood Devil is in Hell, but maybe we can imagine that they met up and befriended the Shark, Angel, and Violence Devils. It's completely unlikely, but we can certainly imagine.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Technically shark died in hell so should be back already?

Maybe it's less discretely ontological...

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ranzear posted:

Technically shark died in hell so should be back already?

Maybe it's less discretely ontological...

I imagine he reincarnated in Hell, cause he was from Earth.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Yeah, I guess it's ambiguous due to wording/translation issues but I would assume that the determinant is where the current manifestation incarnated rather than where it dies. It doesn't matter if you die on Earth or in Hell, if you incarnated on Earth you will reincarnate in Hell and vice versa.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
In theory we could have a surprise where an earth-born character is taken to hell, killed and then gets back up because their death sent them to hell?

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Wait, then if the current baddie was sent over from Hell, does that mean killing her would just cause her to instantly reincarnate on the spot?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Remember that if Devils reincarnate, they are more or less a new individual, having no memories from previous incarnation and slightly different body and personality (maybe).

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
If they reincarnate on the spot, into a weaker incarnation with no memories and no understanding of what’s happening then chances are they just get killed twice and get sent to the other place anyway.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

Remember that if Devils reincarnate, they are more or less a new individual, having no memories from previous incarnation and slightly different body and personality (maybe).

That's not necessarily true. Kishibe thinks it's a clean sweep, but he also thought there was no way to beat Makima. He's not always right.

At minimum, we know that the Public Safety devils still remembered the sound of a chainsaw.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Eternity Devil in part 2 did not react to Denji, despite him leaving quite an ....uh impression on it in part 1. As you mentioned, Public Safety Devils report that all they can remember from their time in Hell is the sound of chainsaw just before they died and they didn't really have any reason to lie or obfuscate that. And I don't believe Naytua could act with Denji the way she is now if she had Makima's memories. There might be some exceptions and there might be some way to restore memories from previous reincarnations (Repressed Trauma Devil? :v:), but from what we were shown so far, nothing really contradicts Kishibe.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I genuinely love that it's always possible you're simultaneously overthinking and underthinking any single element of this story.

Das Boo fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Mar 18, 2023

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Also Nayuta bites like Makima.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Das Boo posted:

Also Nayuta bites like Makima.

And gave the same victory gesture as Denji, even before she met him.