Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

im loving pulse being pissed johny gets to read a list of 90 percent normal names this week during the shout outs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

projecthalaxy posted:

Love a good deranged WCW ep

"However, there is another group of nWo guys who are getting fed up with the way things are, the nWo B-Team. This group consisted of Stevie Ray, Horace Hogan, Vincent, Brian Adams, and Scott Norton!"

jesus this is the most dire squad i've ever heard of

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
wasn't Scott Norton a bit of a blue chipper?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he was a wood chipper

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

smarxist posted:

This group consisted of Stevie Ray, Horace Hogan, Vincent, Brian Adams, and Scott Norton!"

jesus this is the most dire squad i've ever heard of

It is most certainly a group of wrestlers that you read and go "That sounds like the B-Team of whatever group they're in"

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

smarxist posted:

Scott Norton was a brick poo poo house

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

smarxist posted:

2 time iwgp champion

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Scott Norton was a big strong mean looking guy who won a bunch of arm wrestling tournaments and appeared in Over The Top and was Prince's bodyguard for awhile, I don't think he was a "blue chipper" in any sort of wrestling/sports background beyond I guess arm wrestling.

I may be way off base but I get the impression that he is one of many guys who got pushed hard in various places for being Real Big when he was new and kind of stunk, spent the mid 1990s learning how to effectively be a big scary wrestler man in Japan, but then made his re-debut in WCW tagging with Ice Train in a team that went nowhere, and then getting absorbed into the NWO as a lackey/b-teamer who actually won matches sometimes in NWO Japan.

All of which is to say that it still puts him miles above the rest of the B-Team.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Norton had a fun bit where the Cat would say he wanted any opponent and all the nWo guys in the back while Norton wasn't watching would go "Hey Scott, Cat just called you out!" and egg him on until he went out there and beat up the Cat.

This happened a few times and the best one was when Norton was in the middle of shaving and literally went out with shaving foam still on his face.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Norton was always weird in WCW, as he was getting pushed in Japan and so he absolutely wasn't willing to look weak in the US. But he wasn't over or pushed in the US. So you'd end up wondering why Scott Norton is wrestling Konnan and Sting and why he isn't selling a single bit of their offense.

I don't blame him one bit because it was WCW, no one told him to do otherwise, and he didn't want to piss off Japan. It did lead to me using him in WCW/nWo World Tour more than I would have otherwise.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Scott Norton has the ideal body shape of a wrestler.

Round but not quite to the point of being fat.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i've got a triple threat for you dude, we'll do a best of a three and i'll beat you three times brother!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Scott Norton has the ideal body shape of a wrestler.

Round but not quite to the point of being fat.

Yeah he’s just big. Which is what I’m about.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Tato posted:

Norton was always weird in WCW, as he was getting pushed in Japan and so he absolutely wasn't willing to look weak in the US. But he wasn't over or pushed in the US. So you'd end up wondering why Scott Norton is wrestling Konnan and Sting and why he isn't selling a single bit of their offense.

I don't blame him one bit because it was WCW, no one told him to do otherwise, and he didn't want to piss off Japan. It did lead to me using him in WCW/nWo World Tour more than I would have otherwise.

I kind of loved Norton matches for that reason. He'd go out, take like 90% of the match, and then the babyface would make a fire-y comeback and get the win(or on a bad night the nWo would run in and stop the face from winning).

His matches with Benoit were also great because they'd go to town on each other. Benoit would get him in the corner and hit him with like 5 hard knife edge chops, and then he'd reverse and hit Benoit with one and Benoit would take a bump that would send him out of his shoes.

As mentioned his series with the Cat was fantastic because he, and Meng, were like the two "legit tough" guys on the roster and watching him squash the cat was as great as when anyone that wasn't a star would get in the ring with Meng was.

Norton, from his time in Japan, was also one of those big guys that wasn't afraid to leave his feet for a bump. Dude knew exactly how to sell when it came to letting the face get in some offense on his comeback.

If he was around today I'll bet he would have had some pretty rad hoss fights with guys like Jeff Cobb.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Cat stuff kind of sucked on rewatch because I remembered it as Norton continually owning The Cat, but in reality he didn't own the Cat that much and ended up losing to him. Much funnier as a memory.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
:siren: Bryan admitted that he was wrong :siren: (about AEW house shows last Friday (with some asterisks))

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Kennel posted:

:siren: Bryan admitted that he was wrong :siren: (about AEW house shows last Friday (with some asterisks))

Was he saying people wouldn't go?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

explosivo posted:

He misinterpreted the number that WrestleTix was giving. WrestleTix had the numbered sections at like 1000 or so, so Bryan figured that was the total attendance, but the rest of the seats were general admission and WrestleTix didn't have a number for those.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

explosivo posted:

He had number that they had sold only 1000 tickets and spent 20 minutes dissing their strategy (he still has some decent points, imo)

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
With Dave he was changing the argument from "they won't draw with that card" to "they won't draw again in the market with that card" which Dave responded "They're running like 5 house shows a year they won't have to go back for 47 years!!"

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Lying Dave and Bumbling Bryan at it again

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

With Dave he was changing the argument from "they won't draw with that card" to "they won't draw again in the market with that card" which Dave responded "They're running like 5 house shows a year they won't have to go back for 47 years!!"

People who went said you could get a beer and a pretzel for like $9 at the venue. I'd go again even if I'd just gone to this one.

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

Love a good deranged WCW ep
I know jawnny is predispositioned to hate that Raven angle being he's a ride or die ECW guy, but I think those pre-tapes with Kanyon and Sandman are the funniest poo poo. I get all the arguments about how it murders Raven's character and all that, but it's one of my favorite bad wrestling story things.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

on yesterdays wor they were trying very hard to be negative about the house show for what felt like 20 minutes.

Ringo Roadagain fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Mar 20, 2023

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ToiletofSadness posted:

I know jawnny is predispositioned to hate that Raven angle being he's a ride or die ECW guy, but I think those pre-tapes with Kanyon and Sandman are the funniest poo poo. I get all the arguments about how it murders Raven's character and all that, but it's one of my favorite bad wrestling story things.

those pre-tapes are everything they love about all the other dogshit WCW stuff they think rules but it's with wrestlers they actually like unironically instead of ironically so it makes them mad lol

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Anyone else have a local steakhouse and then 11 of the exact same sleep apnea ad in a row on the new Deadlock?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Psychepath posted:

Anyone else have a local steakhouse and then 11 of the exact same sleep apnea ad in a row on the new Deadlock?

i didn't have any ads because i think ublock origin works on spreaker's player lol

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Psychepath posted:

Sounds more like a conversation with Bryan and Vinny.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I am a Patreon member so no ads for me

doos
Jan 1, 2015

I think I had to hit +30 seconds three times on PocketCasts, which I feel is too many, but I doubt that's in the neighborhood of 10+ ads.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Ringo Roadagain posted:

on yesterdays wor they were trying very hard to be negative about the house show for what felt like 20 minutes.

To this minute, I don’t know what the point they were trying to make was.

Sold well, gave some guys extra reps, sounded like a fun show.

But apparently they both gave the wrong guys reps and need more stars.

Oh, and the trios title needs to be in the BCC/Elite feud. But the Bucks should also be trading the tag belts with FTR. While they need to make stars.

My head was spinning.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1638025852637286400

There's so much that's funny here.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

1glitch0 posted:

Sounds more like a conversation with Bryan and Vinny.

Related: The Sunday B&V was astoundingly painful listening. Everything after the review of them trying to interact with the audience and their questions caused me pain.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Bryan and Dave back on forth on Seth's jump is great

Jump in question @1:07
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1637985909814579203?s=20

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

He got knocked the clown out?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Digital Jedi posted:

Bryan is so exasperated lol

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

I don't even disagree that there have been improvements but Bryan is going in so hard on this "HHH is sewing some seeds!" bit that I couldn't help but poke a little fun.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Digital Jedi posted:

Jump in question @1:07
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1637985909814579203?s=20

somehow this looked worse than how they described it!

camera barely catches Paul getting pulled off the table
Seth just sorta flops out there
not enough dudes to catch him and Seth just splats on the floor

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Why is there a subreddit about Bill Simmons and why does it have its own podcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i dunno but when i looked at it once like 3 years ago they were all roasting bill and i was pretty amused