Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It makes me sad

Edit: nah, not adding context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Jerkface posted:

Ok I'm amused enough by this

is Sukuna the protagonist of the manga now?

always has been meme

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Sukuna is maybe my favorite villain of all time, at this point. He just sucks so loving much, but I can’t bring myself to hate the fucker.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Sukuna is wearing the captain's uniform from Bleach and this new form looks like a hollow

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Two women characters introduced in the same arc and both of them having “obsessed with some dude” as their defining character trait SUCKS, this is some of the coolest poo poo ever but i can’t get over that.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I really like how different Sukuna’s shadow puppets look from Megumi’s

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheHan posted:

Two women characters introduced in the same arc and both of them having “obsessed with some dude” as their defining character trait SUCKS, this is some of the coolest poo poo ever but i can’t get over that.

We also met two male characters who had the same thing.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

MonsterEnvy posted:

We also met two male characters who had the same thing.

that doesn’t make it better :(

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
A question for anyone who knows Japanese: Yorozu was referred to with male pronouns in the last chapter in Japanese right? Is that still the case here? If it is then are they actually saying “Wife” or something more gender neutral?

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

RatHat posted:

A question for anyone who knows Japanese: Yorozu was referred to with male pronouns in the last chapter in Japanese right? Is that still the case here? If it is then are they actually saying “Wife” or something more gender neutral?

?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ah, okay good to know

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yuta is still in Sendai right? Or have we gotten an update on his movements recently? I can't recall

He was pretty committed to getting all the points solo to ease everyone else's burden, let him have a run at the big dog, Gege, please.

Also Sukuna summoning Mahoraga wheel at the end of the chapter is one of the coolest moments in the series. God I can't believe he did that put it's so well done. Maste stroke. I guess it's specifically the wheel ability to absorb damage rather than Mahoraga itself as it was destroyed. Either way it's cool as hell.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yuta should still be there.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
I do wonder if the wedding/marriage aesthetics is because of Yorozu's idiosyncratic tastes or because of the wedding culture 1000 years ago for cursed sorcerers. Maybe it's both.

Also, this panel made me laugh:

Brought To You By posted:

I think this is hands down the best binding vow in the whole series. But also terrible because the current hosts are siblings.
The mangaka did load up his chekhov's gun since chapter 16, and then decided to fire it 200 chapters later into another weird relationship.

GruntMountain
Jul 17, 2017

Flair posted:

Also, this panel made me laugh:

Bruh...

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Spent the weekend catching up after falling off the manga at the start of the culling game and I really have not enjoyed this arc at all.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
I think the arc is great. I loved all the kind of deranged personalities that have come out, which really brings it home that to be a jujutsu sorcerer you really have to be a special kind of broken person and not one anyone will really get along with.

Also just love the fights in general, they have a real chaotic feel to them

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
yeah this is pure wizard battle time and I'm here for it. also unlike Sasuke; Sukuna is cool, good and worthy of being our new protagonist

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Hey to each their own. I found myself spending the majority of the fights trying to figure out what the hell I was looking at and how the hell do any of these powers work. I probably would have enjoyed it more if there werebt so many new characters shoved in at once while the majority of the cast we've come to know does next to nothing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am slightly more invested now that it actually focuses on characters I care about but it's so hard to care about a character basically only introduced two chapters ago who is possessing the body of a character who is more Macguffin than human. Sukina makes it more appealing but I feel like the entire Culling Game/possession concept has been terribly used and I'd rather just go back to characters who don't feel like a bad attempt at creating a Hunter x Hunter style extended cast.

It doesn't help that I've been pretty hype since Sukina pulled off his body switch and this chapter just felt dull.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there's no real suspense, here. sure, fridge megumi's sister. it's jjk, that's inevitable. but why drag it out like this? sukuna can achieve his goal with this fight. no one's gonna stop him, and even his opponent is into it.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Even when I’m confused or not really feeling parts of this arc, I think of how awesome this will be when animated.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Live Sukuna Reaction

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Okkotsu and Sukuna will be facing off on who has the weirder cursed marriage pact.

I think there is a good chance Yuta shows up to halt the fight. I don’t see Tsumiki’s body being destroyed here and it’s even less likely Sukuna loses.

I want to see him and Sukuna fight so badly and Yuta is pretty committed to settling accounts by himself without involving the rest of the gang.

I think Sukuna summoning Mahoraga or at least it’s immunity wheel could be Megumi’s big power-up. If Sukuna is kicked out of his body maybe he’d keep the ability to summon it if it’s been controlled and summoned once with his technique.

I’ve also been wondering if Sukuna can even use Malevolent Shrine or Cleave right now. Maybe with Megumi’s body he still can’t do those things. Probably he still can and is just testing out the ten shadows. Just reminded me slightly of him arrogantly refusing to save Junpei even though it’d massively benefit him to agree to that. Then Mahito wondering if he even can.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

EmmyOk posted:

Okkotsu and Sukuna will be facing off on who has the weirder cursed marriage pact.

I think there is a good chance Yuta shows up to halt the fight. I don’t see Tsumiki’s body being destroyed here and it’s even less likely Sukuna loses.

I want to see him and Sukuna fight so badly and Yuta is pretty committed to settling accounts by himself without involving the rest of the gang.

I think Sukuna summoning Mahoraga or at least it’s immunity wheel could be Megumi’s big power-up. If Sukuna is kicked out of his body maybe he’d keep the ability to summon it if it’s been controlled and summoned once with his technique.

I’ve also been wondering if Sukuna can even use Malevolent Shrine or Cleave right now. Maybe with Megumi’s body he still can’t do those things. Probably he still can and is just testing out the ten shadows. Just reminded me slightly of him arrogantly refusing to save Junpei even though it’d massively benefit him to agree to that. Then Mahito wondering if he even can.

the bath looks like it's reduced Megumi's influence but Megumi was clearly trying something when he was fighting Itadori. That cut on sukuna's finger didn't just come from nowhere, and it's not healing. Sukuna can definitely still use malevolent shrine and stuff, but he's probably afraid that Megumi found some way to make it backfire on him

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Sukuna explained this last chapter why he isn't using his own techniques, this has been a confusing arc, but that part was made p explicit.

He can use malevolent shrine or cleave, but he doesn't want to because he believes killing Megumi's sister with Megumi's own techniques alone will cause his soul to recede further preventing him from loving up his vessel possession.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

guy who only ever watches HxH: getting a lot of HxH vibes from this arc actually I'm wondering if Sukuna's finger cut is a nod to the final part of Chimera Ants. You think all is lost when Meruem comes back stronger while the Hunters rack up Ls, then these unstoppable monsters all start having nosebleeds...

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Sukuna explained this last chapter why he isn't using his own techniques, this has been a confusing arc, but that part was made p explicit.

He can use malevolent shrine or cleave, but he doesn't want to because he believes killing Megumi's sister with Megumi's own techniques alone will cause his soul to recede further preventing him from loving up his vessel possession.

He also says he could heal Junpei if he wanted but it’s likely he couldn’t. I think he can still use his techniques it’s just an idle thought.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

EmmyOk posted:

He also says he could heal Junpei if he wanted but it’s likely he couldn’t. I think he can still use his techniques it’s just an idle thought.

These are Sukuna’s own thoughts, he has no reason to lie in his mind.

Bath reduced Megumi’s influence over his body, now he is going to utterly kill any lingering influence.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Unless there is a separate occasion I'm forgetting it's Mahito who thinks it. Sukuna just declines. I do think he's totally fine to use his technique and DE was just something I thought of on a walk.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

EmmyOk posted:

Unless there is a separate occasion I'm forgetting it's Mahito who thinks it. Sukuna just declines. I do think he's totally fine to use his technique and DE was just something I thought of on a walk.

Sorry, my mistake I mean his thoughts in the latest chapter.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

Sorry, my mistake I mean his thoughts in the latest chapter.

Ah for sure I get you! Makes sense.

Me realising we’re on a break week

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Yoruzu's technique is Construction which is the same as Mai's.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Season 2 drops July 6th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIbiHE1du6g

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/5824/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-218?&date=30-3-2023-21

218 is out

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

sukunas lil pfft face would make a great avatar

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Yeah all these comments about love make me think Lover boy Yuta is gonna break up the fight. Also really sick to see other shadow shikigami, and Sukunas control over them. Partially manifesting the dogs and maharonga is neat. Hang in there Megumi!!!!!!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Megumi seething as Sukuna uses all the cool poo poo he hasn't gotten around to yet. But for real easy access to RCT is great and it's getting easier to see why Ten Shadows is held up there with the Six Eyes.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Man, Megumi's Divine Dog went from being unable to harm a 1-finger special-grade cursed spirit to slicing chunks off of Hanami, someone who easily tanked multiple black flashes, after merging with the other dog. Power scaling of shikigami inheritance must be exponential or something, if Sukuna decides to go that route those things are going to be nuts. Gege left the rules for inheritance purposefully vague and this information is hidden in one of the chapter extras.

Seems like Sukuna tamed all the shadows offscreen since he's able to partially summon Marohaga + without using the summoning chant

Also, I know he displayed it in the first chapter, but Sukuna walks on air in the same manner as Maki.

yum fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Mar 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

So I almost forgot about this manga and just now caught up on like 25 chapters or so.

Holy gently caress. :shepface: