Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Shanks swabbing the deck with Kid's face when he's got Blackbeard living in his own head rent-free makes me real worried about what's gone down with Law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Lpzie posted:

everyone very carefully not thinking about shanks scar....

He lost an arm to a fish literally anyone in the plot for like 900 chapters could have dealt with. Is that fish going to come back and defeat Blackbeard? Blackbeard was just one of a crew of a frenemy ship until he popped off and killed some people and ran away. Nobody saw him coming. The counter to that is later on when Blackbeard is standing between basically the strongest pirates and marines and declaring war on all of them.....then Shanks shows up and he runs away.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mulva posted:

He lost an arm to a fish literally anyone in the plot for like 900 chapters could have dealt with. Is that fish going to come back and defeat Blackbeard?

yes

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
When Shirahoshi uses her powers and controls all the fish, that one will lead the charge and reflect all the haki and be immune to devil fruits.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

he inherited the will of Re D hair shanks when he ate the arm

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Julias posted:

It's so loving over for kid it's not even funny. #3 result for useless on Google even while in incognito mode

Lmao

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

i had to check for myself and I think it was like the second one for me. I can’t believe one piece is really that popular.

Also yeah lmao

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Mulva posted:

He lost an arm to a fish literally anyone in the plot for like 900 chapters could have dealt with. Is that fish going to come back and defeat Blackbeard? Blackbeard was just one of a crew of a frenemy ship until he popped off and killed some people and ran away. Nobody saw him coming. The counter to that is later on when Blackbeard is standing between basically the strongest pirates and marines and declaring war on all of them.....then Shanks shows up and he runs away.
Shanks very specifically said "It wasn't because I was being careless" about the scar on his face. He made a point of clarifying that what you said here is not the case. In the same conversation when Whitebeard asks what foe took Shanks' arm, he said he "gave his arm for a new era" which acknowledges that the fish wasn't necessarily an impressive adversary and Shanks was willingly sacrificing his arm to save Luffy.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I don’t know if we’ve discussed this but it’s possible that Shanks was just shitfaced drunk during the bandit/sea king incident. Just absolutely pants making GBS threads hammered.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
Shanks let the fish eat his arm to power him up.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
He was doing a bit

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1015786

Chapter's out

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

New thread title

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Oh my name was Captain Mid
As I failed, as I failed
As I failed

Common sense I did forbid
And so stupidly I did
As I failed

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lol again

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

"Addenturer" lol

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Julias posted:

It's so loving over for kid it's not even funny. #3 result for useless on Google even while in incognito mode

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Didn't the official translation used to spell it "ponegliff"?

Not that I'm complaining, it was dumb as poo poo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i really doubt kid is dead just because when was the last time oda killed off anyone

he'll get a cover story where he got hit on the head so hard that he cant bring himself to cause violence to anyone and stops a civil war by peacefully laying down his arms and surrendering to both sides, or something. and then he and killer will open a
noodle stand

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Endorph posted:

i really doubt kid is dead just because when was the last time oda killed off anyone

kaido, big mom, izo, hawkins, some vegapunks

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Endorph posted:

Most 'killing off' is done by having Pirates retire from the Grand Line in shame/absorbed into a fleet.

Even if they're still around, their story is effectively done.

Hope we see more Killer tho, dude got a bum wrap in Wano with the Smile fruit.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
'Divine Departure' is apparently the more straightforward way of saying 'Get the gently caress off my lawn.'

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

Endorph posted:

he'll get a cover story where he got hit on the head so hard that he cant bring himself to cause violence to anyone and stops a civil war by peacefully laying down his arms and surrendering to both sides, or something. and then he and killer will open a
noodle stand

quote:

I hope no one dies~!!”

~Eiichiro Oda
Jump Festa 2023

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Pureauthor posted:

'Divine Departure' is apparently the more straightforward way of saying 'Get the gently caress off my lawn.'

Hank Hill as Shanks saying "Get out of my house - Exodus!"

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

U-DO Burger posted:

"Addenturer" lol

whoever came up with that should be proud of themselves

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Oh Snapple! posted:

Hank Hill as Shanks saying "Get out of my house - Exodus!"

“That’s My Purse! I Don’t Know You! (Banishment!)”

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That Kid ain't right

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Bill D. Auterive

MisterDuck
Feb 27, 2013
This here's my new neighbor! He's a Paramecia.

No he ain't. He's a Mythical Zoan. Ain't ya Mr. Khan?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

That Kid ain't right

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Kid should join Cross Guild now

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I doubt he’s dead because it’d be kinda anticlimactic. It’d be one thing if Shanks finished him off, but Shanks just knocking him out so Dory and Broggy can get the kill doesn’t sound right.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

mabels big day posted:

Kid should join Cross Guild now

He'll be coworkers with their previous newest recruits Kaido and Big Mom.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Who better to save the man crushed by Shanks than his own brother. Imagine Kid fully on board with the Buggy cult

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
i'm just loving that kid is so damaged by the fact he lost his arm before even getting to shanks last time, he wants makes sure nothing stands in his way to big red. both him and killer repeating to each other that yes, we are serious, we are going all out here. shanks responds accordingly. kid gets his wish.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I doubt he’s dead because it’d be kinda anticlimactic. It’d be one thing if Shanks finished him off, but Shanks just knocking him out so Dory and Broggy can get the kill doesn’t sound right.

Dory and Broggy wrecking them loving owns

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kid may not be dead, but his dream is, and in One Piece that might as well be the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Oh Snapple! posted:

Dory and Broggy wrecking them loving owns

Its good, but I don't think its leading to a rare One Piece death.