Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
When we moved into our house the dryer didn't dry at all. Not only was it clogged with lint, but the exhaust duct was the wrong kind that had a plastic lining which came off and clogged everything up into a gaint mess. I don't know what the PO was doing to dry their clothes, hanging them maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Spotted this in a rental ad on Facebook Marketplace. I'm sure it's up to code and safe.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Spotted this in a rental ad on Facebook Marketplace. I'm sure it's up to code and safe.

Our forefathers would've cloven the landlord's pate in twain for something like this!

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

HappyHippo posted:

When we moved into our house the dryer didn't dry at all. Not only was it clogged with lint, but the exhaust duct was the wrong kind that had a plastic lining which came off and clogged everything up into a gaint mess. I don't know what the PO was doing to dry their clothes, hanging them maybe?

Running the dryer three times per load and complaining about how much X brand sucks these days.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

xsf421 posted:

Running the dryer three times per load and complaining about how much X brand sucks these days.

When I moved into my current house there was a rather old electric dryer that took two cycles to dry anything. I just assumed that it was shot and need to be replaced. So we check reviews and settle on a new gas dryer and matching front load washer to go with it, as they were both pretty old (this was 2019, pre-Covid supply chain stupidity). When the instal crew got out there they mentioned that they cleaned out what they could in the ducting, but we should probably call the store to have it done.

I figured it might be a long run, as it goes through the crawl space a ways, so I drop the $100ish to get a crew from Abt out there to clean it out. They got what looked like half a 55 gallon trash bag filled with lint when they were done with that vent.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
I had a friend who was complaining about how it took 6+ hours to dry a load of laundry. Turns out the flexible dryer vent went up the wall into the attic, across an entire bedroom, then back down the wall to the exhaust. I talked him into letting me abandon that poo poo in the wall and running rigid lines more directly through the crawlspace and suddenly his dryer could finish in about an hour.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If the dryer took that long, I would just give up and hang the clothes to dry, even if I were unaware of the fire danger of running the dryer.

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015
Most likely an art piece, but lol

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I hope that gets some kind of modern thatched roof over that and they leave a clear line of sight to the structure from the inside

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Jawnycat posted:

I think the joists were designed by an evolutionary algorithm.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Sentient Data posted:

I hope that gets some kind of modern thatched roof over that and they leave a clear line of sight to the structure from the inside

Individually designed windows, like the tiles on the space shuttle.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Jawnycat posted:

Cocaine is one hell of a drug.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Jawnycat posted:

*checks chart* looks like the spider was on benzedrine

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Jawnycat posted:

Needs to be a stained glass window roof.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

don't click 'show mesh'

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Line every negative space with a color changing led light strip and make a simple tablet app to control the colors of each block like a paint by numbers thing

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Jawnycat posted:

Your splines have been reticulated.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

"How much floor leveling compound do you need?"
"How much you got?"

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

kid sinister posted:

"How much you got?"

I'm sorry, but what the gently caress.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.
Load bearing putty.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Is that insulation? That's kind of what it looks like, but I'm not really sure. I hope it's insulation because the weight of all that leveling compound would be enormous.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Wanna Tokyo drift into that stall.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Some of us prefer riding side saddle. :colbert:

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

It's nearly impossible to predict exactly where the tiles toilet will line up once installed.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Bird in a Blender posted:

Is that insulation? That's kind of what it looks like, but I'm not really sure. I hope it's insulation because the weight of all that leveling compound would be enormous.

It's leveling compound. The original poster said it was a home from the 1800s bought by a flipper.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Also, they didn't paint the bottoms of the upper cabinets.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

kid sinister posted:

"How much you got?"

Well? Is it level?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

What in the blue gently caress is wrong with people

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

PainterofCrap posted:

What in the blue gently caress is wrong with people

It's a joke. Somebody removed the toilet and then set it down to take a stupid picture.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Nitrox posted:

It's a joke. Somebody removed the toilet and then set it down to take a stupid picture.

There's water in the bowl and caulk at the bottom. :shrug:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah and he has his toilet beer ready for a good session

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

kid sinister posted:

It's leveling compound. The original poster said it was a home from the 1800s bought by a flipper.

I'm conflicted on this because I trust people posting about their projects on the Internet to know what they're looking at about as much as I trust previous owners to do a good job.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
If you look at the floor, you can see it was pointing a different direction long enough to discolour the tiles.

Though the threaded stud doesn't seem to line up with it having just been pivoted on it.

But whatever. Like the one goon said, its probably rage bait.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

If it's earnest.... I would wager it's a 10" Rough for the toilet and someone only had a 12" rough toilet, turn it until the closet bolts line up somewhere and move on to the next job.

Edit: there is one tile and one sliver, estimate where you think the closet flange is.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

having long legs and lived in places with very small bathrooms, you just get used to side-saddle pooping. now everyone gets to enjoy it!

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Nitrox posted:

Some flanges have the slots where the flange bolts can rotate around the flange, usually about 90 degrees. It's to make mounting the toilet perpendicular to the finished wall easier later. However, this one appears to be twisted clockwise as far as it would go.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Darchangel posted:

Also, they didn't paint the bottoms of the upper cabinets.

My sister called me anal for papering the bottoms of cupboard shelves that were high enough to be viewed from below. I think there's a road in the middle somewhere, but I'm sure as gently caress not going to take it.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

kid sinister posted:

Some flanges have the slots where the flange bolts can rotate around the flange, usually about 90 degrees. It's to make mounting the toilet perpendicular to the finished wall easier later. However, this one appears to be twisted clockwise as far as it would go.
The toilet in the picture is not bolted to the flange. Do I need to go remove a toilet and take a picture just to show you how this works?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

yes