Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Julias posted:

Anime is halfway through 1030, will finish 1030 next week. Gear 5 is 1044. At the anime's current pacing (and depending on breaks/recap episides) It'll probably take 4-5 months.

Roof Piece is loving insane.

I'm hoping we get an edit of just the Kaido fight scenes once it's over, and it'll still be an hour and a half long episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
Watch episode 1017 , it’s just pure awesome, well animated Roof Piece for 20 minutes

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Infinitum posted:

I'm hoping we get an edit of just the Kaido fight scenes once it's over, and it'll still be an hour and a half long episode.
Someone has done this with the Katakuri fight in the manga and it's worth a worthwhile read: https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/87d8sq/luffy_vs_certain_sweet_commander_full_fight_with/

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

do we have to wait for the anime before we get gear 5 figures? i have space on my shelf waiting for one.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They need to start making the next movie already so I can see theatrical Gear 5

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I mean, it was in Red (for like a second)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Doesn't count, I blinked and missed it.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
https://twitter.com/Itmechr3/status/1640768832569573389

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Caidin posted:

Kidd is just another Silver medalist who got knocked out swinging at an emperor, the stories had a few. If he lives he might hope to be Nu Crocodile, but with his design I would expect Nu Moira.

Oh my god I hope Luffy runs into him and he’s just fat as gently caress now

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Flair posted:

I hope Kid stays dead, and Oda better not chicken out on this. Actions should have consequences.

Fake News. No evidence Kidd was going to do anything bad. I'm just supposed to believe the word of Shanks? Thought crimes.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I know it's break week, but

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TheKingofSprings posted:

Oh my god I hope Luffy runs into him and he’s just fat as gently caress now

Use magnetism to build robot crew so he doesn't have to feel the pain of losing crewmembers again :smith:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Would be very funny if Kaido spared the crew when he kicked Kid’s rear end but Shanks and pals murdered them all in the same scenario

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I think the main difference is that Kaido/Big Mom never took the Worst Generation pirates seriously, whereas Shanks will cut straight to the point and go all out if his friends are in danger.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Also Luffy had three life bars.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Pureauthor posted:

Also Luffy had three life bars.

Imagine some rando pirate being strong enough to actually stand up to Luffy trying to take his head, only to find out the goofy cartoon character has greater endurance than Kaido.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Imagine some rando pirate being strong enough to actually stand up to Luffy trying to take his head, only to find out the goofy cartoon character has greater endurance than Kaido.

And half a dozen friends almost as strong as him who will tag in while he eats spinach meat and gears back up to kick your rear end

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Lpzie posted:

Fake News. No evidence Kidd was going to do anything bad. I'm just supposed to believe the word of Shanks? Thought crimes.

I don't care if Kidd was good or bad. I only hope that Oda does not pull a Pell.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

This isn't a Pell, and doesn't need to be spoiled- it would be a twist if Kidd was actually dead after that. Shanks didn't kill him and his ship got cut in two. He's overwhelmingly likely to be alive.

His dream? loving dead. His body? Gonna obviously kick around for a while. He'll get a cover arc at least, if he's not somehow relevant in the actual Elbaf arc.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Infinitum posted:

I know it's break week, but

I was wondering why tehre wasn't any spoilers yet :smith:

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 39 hours!
Crocodile got to reboot his dream and luffy had his crew eliminated, kid will be back

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kidd will return only to be immediately smoked by Imu.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Actually could "Useless Craptain Mid" break the language barrier? I want Oda to make it canon.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Kid will turn over a new leaf after getting to know his deadbeat father, Shanks

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

U-DO Burger posted:

Kid will turn over a new leaf after getting to know his deadbeat father, Shanks

This is why Kid wasn't in Film Red

Or was he

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Luffy is going to trick Shanks in Gear 5 with whatever Loony Toon gag would work best on him.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

bobjr posted:

Luffy is going to trick Shanks in Gear 5 with whatever Loony Toon gag would work best on him.

Luffy turns his fist into Makino holding a child support bill, Shanks turns around and runs into a wall that Luffy painted a tunnel on.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

bobjr posted:

Strawhat Season!
Redhair Season!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Luffy dresses up a stick of dynamite like a pretty lady Shanks and he kisses the dynamite and explodes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

we'll probably get an official figure of that before the series is over

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Endorph posted:

If Doc Q shows up, then sure.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Endorph posted:

Furiously writing in to SBS

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just watched the most recent episode of the anime and :lol: that the episode with Kid going,"I finally get to face an Emperor, what was the point of my life if I fail now?" came out so close to this chapter :laugh:

Also, happy to see Hawkins eat poo poo again!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Shanks reaches for his sword but it's just luffys arm painted like a sword

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Luffy is the Sword

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Luffy paints "To One Piece" on the side of a wall and then runs through it. Shanks, seeing this, tries to run through the wall as well and smacks up against it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Shanks makes the fatal mistake of looking down while fighting Luffy in the air

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Luffy keeps breaking into a rad song and dance routine while fighting Shanks 1v1 but then turns into a boring lump whenever Shanks tries to show the spectacle to his crew and the rest of the Red Hair Pirates stop partying with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010