Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011

Man, this next arc is really being built up. I just hope this doesn't make the series turn dark and serious like My Hero. The classroom and slice of life stuff is my favorite part of this series. Still really looking forward to this, little bummed that Clara is being left out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

I'm not worried, it looks like Nishi is setting things up so she can cut to Clara back at the batra to keep things from getting too heavy.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Roxors posted:

Man, this next arc is really being built up. I just hope this doesn't make the series turn dark and serious like My Hero. The classroom and slice of life stuff is my favorite part of this series. Still really looking forward to this, little bummed that Clara is being left out.

Yeah the heavy arcs are never the bits I like in this series. I much prefer the fun slice of life and romcom segments to the stuff with the return to origin demons.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
On the one hand, it looks like the Deviculum is going to go full Red Wedding. On the other hand, I'm not convinced that this makes it any less perfect as Iruma and Amelie's official society debut.

There are many situations in which you might want a girlfriend who can kick through a skyscraper, and this is definitely one of them.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

ThingOne posted:

I'm not worried, it looks like Nishi is setting things up so she can cut to Clara back at the batra to keep things from getting too heavy.

Same, I don't think Nishi is going to rug pull the build up of Iruma and crew continuing to grow as students for this arc. But this will definitely force the larger plot of Baal's goals to the forefront of the demon world conflict.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Surely there's going to be at least one unexpected person who becomes one of the 13 Crowns, or why have this party? The question is, who is it going to be?
  • Amelie?
  • Iruma?
  • Opera?
  • All three of the grandsons?
  • Urara? (best choice, honestly)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
theorizing time before we find out for real, what does everyone think causes the date's infamous name? I personally wonder if the "betrayal" is going to be iruma revealed as a human, and Sullivan ousted from leadership for abducting/hiding a human the way he did being the betrayal in question(against the demon race or somesuch), since I think we saw mention of that being a taboo earlier in the series. kirio has been showing up occasionally and baal's mucking about so that's about the most nonviolent way I can see this ending

or it could just be a big ridiculous brawl where a bunch of high tier demons turn on the others

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It's 100% gonna end with a brawl with iruma and his girlfriend and boyfriend in the middle of it. We'll probably see the other two young kings properly strut their stuff as well as whoever might be in their entourage as they'll definitely be involved too. I imagine a few other people from the school will be there too like maybe Purson or Agares or maybe some of the first years.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Captain Invictus posted:

theorizing time before we find out for real, what does everyone think causes the date's infamous name? I personally wonder if the "betrayal" is going to be iruma revealed as a human, and Sullivan ousted from leadership for abducting/hiding a human the way he did being the betrayal in question(against the demon race or somesuch), since I think we saw mention of that being a taboo earlier in the series. kirio has been showing up occasionally and baal's mucking about so that's about the most nonviolent way I can see this ending

or it could just be a big ridiculous brawl where a bunch of high tier demons turn on the others

I'm wondering this too. "Everyone finding out that Iruma is human" is the biggest bombshell the series has in reserve, with potentially more of a dramatic effect on the status quo than someone dying or turning traitor.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
iruma's not important enough yet. his species being revealed would incite a hunt, not a war.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm firmly in the camp that thinks we'll find out that one of the 3 greats is supporting Baal and we'll see a schism in the leadership of the demon world

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

iruma's not important enough yet. his species being revealed would incite a hunt, not a war.

I dunno, it seems like it's actually ben a long time since anyone has seen a human, so Iruma would be a curiosity rather than a snack. Kind of like the idea of eating an aurochs. Sure, our ancestors used to, and now they're extinct. So if one showed up, we wouldn't suddenly start munching.

What it would do, is give Amelie's dad enough ammunition to make a move against Sullivan, causing him a lot of trouble. Sullivan is Iruma's greatest safety net, not just in terms of 'he can beat up baddies' but also in wealth, prestige etc.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Iruma is the adopted grandson of one of the three most powerful demons that currently exist and commands the personal affection/loyalty of a bunch of people who are either very powerful themselves(Balam, Opera, Bachiko, almost assuredly Kalego) or are important parts of very powerful families(Amelie, most of his class).

Baal going "by the by, Sullivan's grandson is a human, why are we allowing a human among us and what does that say about Sullivan" would instantaneously draw battle lines of some sort. We've seen ample proof that Sullivan gets absolutely serious mode murderous when Iruma is under any sort of threat.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
I feel like all the cute and fun slice of life stuff needs the dark, overarching story and inherent kind of hosed upness of demon society for contrast. So give me high stakes high drama arcs every now in then between the cutesy stuff.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Humans are also mythical at this point so it'd seem like a wild accusation in general without tons of unassailable proof. It could certainly plant a seed of doubt, but Sullivan has been savvy enough to at least prepare for a number of contingencies.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
That said, one of the Three Greats grooming a human boy to rule the underworld is so gigantic a scandal that Baal could get a lot of mileage out of it if he so chose. He could even use it to pin his own terrorist activities on Sullivan, given how frequently Iruma was involved in saving the day when those happened. Fabricated heroics for a fabricated demon king.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Moments i'm looking forward too, maybe not this arc, but ones that will happen at some dramatic moment

Iruma summoning Kalego in anger for once, so he doesn't pop out fluffy.
Iruma having Amelie drink his blood to supercharge her at a climax, probably while also confessing.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone in ridiculously fancy ballgowns.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Kanos posted:

Baal going "by the by, Sullivan's grandson is a human, why are we allowing a human among us and what does that say about Sullivan" would instantaneously draw battle lines of some sort.

"FFS Baal, we all knew that already. But look at what he's managed to do in the short time he's been here. What do you think he's going to be doing in a year or two from now at this rate?"

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

pointlessone posted:

"FFS Baal, we all knew that already. But look at what he's managed to do in the short time he's been here. What do you think he's going to be doing in a year or two from now at this rate?"

Mind you, any minimally competent evil mastermind would be making his attack angle out of exactly that. Iruma's meteoric rise makes him more suspicious and threatening once the truth about him being a human is out, not less. Just the fact that he bound the Watchdog of Bablys as his familiar should set all the alarm bells blaring - a decent number of the Thirteen Crowns will wonder if they're next.

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011
So the season 3 finale is up now. Overall, this was a great season, the harvest festival arc was a blast. I was hoping they would expand on Lied's adventure to get the pot, but still pretty fun. There was a long joke in the episode where Lied and Iruma are playing games together about first person pronouns that I would have not gotten at all if I hadn't read the manga, it was possibly the worst translation job I have seen on crunchyroll.
For the finale, it was nice to have it be about the love trio hanging out and Iruma getting advice from Alice's mother about his secret. The end of episode reveal of Purson was great, and I am really excited for the music festival to be animated next season. My biggest complaint for the season overall would probably be the lack of budget, which meant we got the occasional slide show and a lot of static backgrounds/characters. Still well worth the watch for anyone who wants to revisit the older arcs.

So yeah, a good last episode. Now we wait for season 4

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Some low-quality group just sniped the latest update, but I refuse to read it until the quality Misfits scanlation is available. But this is a head-sup if you're impatient and want to go over to Mangadex and read it now.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Nemo2342 posted:

Some low-quality group just sniped the latest update, but I refuse to read it until the quality Misfits scanlation is available. But this is a head-sup if you're impatient and want to go over to Mangadex and read it now.

It's just some guy from 4chan using the translations someone does when the magazine raws are dropped on the site. The TL should be fine but I don't think this will be a recurring thing.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

The Misfit Scan is out
I expected fancy dresses and I was not disappointed.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

ThingOne posted:

The Misfit Scan is out
I expected fancy dresses and I was not disappointed.

Pantsuit was absolutely the right call for Amu-chan. Also, it's alarming that there are all these magical tools wandering around and handling stuff like food when Baal used to be the president of Bablys' magical tools club and he just landed a drug that induces wicked phases.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Turn off those sparkles! love a good 4th wall panel break

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

I wanna know what Zebubra's deal is. They're the least human-looking demon we've seen so far and they've got both male and female-style tails.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
All in Attendance
Sullivan really is a great influence on Iruma.

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.
Cybernetic Crumb
Dance, Dance, Dance
Nuggets of plot and visuals that got me humming David Bowie. Pre-dreading this whole fete going sideways.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Grandpa knows who's the best girl.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Evaluation

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?
Continues to be best girl.

Iruma is going to become demon king through the power of True Love mangas, calling it now.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Tired: Befriending demons
Wired: Befriending gods

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
She's definitely irumas girlfriend. just look how much he's infected her already, she turned into an iruma version of herself for a moment there

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The only one who would argue with that is Ameri and that is because she clearly wants a proper proposal.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
The grandsons are weirdos and I love them.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Nemo2342 posted:

The grandsons are weirdos and I love them.

Razberry is going to be a great Don for Iruma's future empire

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Gotcha.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

I hope Narnia isn't putting on an act and he's really is just a giant dork

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Thanks Nishi, that was a legitimately unnerving spread and cliffhanger.