Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Drakkel posted:

This reminds me of the old Unlimited Cruise games where they'd have guys like Whitebeard and Shanks and Doflamingo as playable characters long before any of them ever fought in the series so they barely had any moves.
The two main Shanks attacks were “drink from sake cup” and “walk forward”, it was pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Endorph posted:

urouge is playable in pirate warriors 4 and its really funny seeing them struggle to make a moveset for him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf2jRLgIDWw
drat did they ask ChatGPT to generate his moveset?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

MVP of Whole Cake Island :hmmyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdZmn3sqMCs

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Endorph posted:

urouge is playable in pirate warriors 4 and its really funny seeing them struggle to make a moveset for him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf2jRLgIDWw

he was my favorite playable character in that game. i'm not joking.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
I can't wait for Urouge to explain the Sky Island prophecies to Luffy and train him to unlock the full power of Gear 5

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Urouge won't appear again until the literal last page of the manga, where he will give everyone a warm smile and a thumbs up.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's weevil's real dad

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

To the best of my memory, Brook never claims that he DOESN'T already have the ponegliff, just that he is determined to get it. I love that his entire fight with Big Mom and subsequent rescue happened with him knowing he'd already succeeded in his goal and nobody had any idea. So loving cool.

Pedro: :nyoron:

Edit: Oh poo poo, following up on a comment I saw on that video, from when Kaido and Big Mom first meet in Wano!

:allears:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Mar 31, 2023

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Libra posted:

Urouge won't appear again until the literal last page of the manga, where he will excitedly proclaim "Hey everybody, we're all gonna get laid!" to a massive crowd of cheering onlookers.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
He's wearing a rubber!
How did that happen?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Pedro's just nervously coughing in the afterlife.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

DeadBonesBrook posted:

He's wearing a rubber!
How did that happen?

Yo ho ho he's going down on your mum!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://twitter.com/newworldartur/status/1641831006519918592

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Surprisingly accurate to the source material.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
I’m legitimately shocked by how decent that looks.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
id watch more of that yea

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Asuron posted:

They can attack, King was just turning it off for whatever reason and then Zoro started damaging him even with it on because he was using conquerors haki, so who knows why that rule isn’t applying now against the Seraphim if Luffy is using it against them as well.

Zoro never actually hurt King when the Flames were on. Though King did eventually start avoiding attacks even when the flames were on.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Asuron posted:

They can attack, King was just turning it off for whatever reason and then Zoro started damaging him even with it on because he was using conquerors haki, so who knows why that rule isn’t applying now against the Seraphim if Luffy is using it against them as well.

theres a theory on reddit (lol) that conquerors haki is used in panels where the flame goes out, so the fire is basically just like, autohaki or something. when they touch seastone, theres no fire on either.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
My insane guess is that not all fire is the same as all other fire so they work slightly differently with different weaknessess,

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the problem is that zoro is the only one with any experience, and he has no idea how the fire works. there's no expert available (because he up and left), and king never provided a full bleach-style explanation about how his invulnerability works. so now there are four complete idiots left to puzzle things out.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Now I want Netflix to blow another treasure chest of money to hire Patrick Stewart to be the occasional narrator of the story. Shouldn't take more than a day for him to get all the lines out. Plus after the whole project collapses we'll still have the audio of Captain Picard telling us all how badass Whitebeard was.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

now there are four complete idiots left to puzzle things out.

I love One Piece :allears:

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Gyges posted:

Now I want Netflix to blow another treasure chest of money to hire Patrick Stewart to be the occasional narrator of the story. Shouldn't take more than a day for him to get all the lines out. Plus after the whole project collapses we'll still have the audio of Captain Picard telling us all how badass Whitebeard was.

I think he would be dead years before the live action got to Marineford.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Plutonis posted:

Stewart (standing in front of shelves of One Piece anime and manga boxsets): It's too late. I've seen.... everything.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Plutonis posted:

Get permission to deepfake his voice, train the model using Star Trek TNG outtakes.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Break week! :v:

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

White Light posted:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Plutonis posted:

The magic of recording means we could get a copy of every line up through "The Kidd Pirates Were Destroyed", tomorrow.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Apr 1, 2023

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

White Light posted:

Ah but next week isn't. Spoiler week starts Monday :toot:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/jamieleecurtis/status/1641909128640757761?t=0JppwimJEIIDphlrrY0D1A&s=19

Do it, cowards.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

Do it, cowards.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

lmao this owns

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The first anime adaptation to star an Academy Award winner I think

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Bold of anyone to think it's not getting immediately cancelled.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

YO HO HO HE TOOK A BITE OF REALITY :negative:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Waffleman_ posted:

The first anime adaptation to star an Academy Award winner I think

alita battle angel starred christopher waltz

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008