Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Yeah that is not gonna go good or be pleasant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
My little sister had to do JFK>EWR to get home around Christmas Eve after getting trapped at JFK coming home from Madrid. She got the flight out of EWR booked on essentially 4 hours notice while at the hotel at JFK and barely made that as a midday flight on a holiday with most traffic grounded. Prepare yourself for some pain if you’re going to involve LGA in this.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
Please keep assuming I will need to run the length of MSP because I’m hoping that will jinx it so that my flights are three gates apart.

But I have changed my entire baggage strategy to avoid checking. And thankfully I don't actually HAVE to be in AMS until a day and a half after my scheduled arrival so if I miss it I'm gonna just pray that they'll acknowledge that they hosed me over and put me on the next one.

Riven fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Mar 29, 2023

i fly airplanes
Sep 6, 2010

I STOLE A PIE FROM ESTELLE GETTY

ixo posted:

so is there some normal and cool and good way to get from ewr to lga? I'm doin barcelona in a few weeks and someone else booked my itinerary. my flights are den > ord > muc > bcn, returning is bcn > ewr / lga > den. the person who booked my travel says that I'll land in ewr and take "a super easy shuttle over to lga" but I don't trust this person. I land at ewr at 1440 and take off from lga at 1830, so I at least have some time I guess?
Hopefully the person who booked your travel will happily cover the Blade helicopter ride from EWR to Lower Manhattan and then to LGA. Easy peasy.

Otherwise I would honestly rebook the whole thing like others have said.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
I have vouchers totaling $3000 in my Skymiles account for flights that aren’t mine. The first initial, middle and last name match mine, but the first name is different.

I called customer service to be honest a few months ago, but I still have the money.

Can I do anything with these before they expire. I just tried to upgrade a seat on a flight to see if it would work with the name mismatch, but I don’t see anywhere to use a voucher on that.

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.
Are they labeled as Fully, Partially, or Non-Transferable? Only fully transferable can be used without the name on the credit being on the reservation.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
They're "unused eTickets," which aren't transferrable and seem like they can't be used for upgrades at all. Dang what a waste.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

you can buy flights with them

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
only if I change my name to Reginald.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

eddiewalker posted:

seems like it might be worth it

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

direct upgrade from eddie, tbqh

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Hadlock posted:

direct upgrade from eddie, tbqh

This is my life. I never had a son or a wife, but I sure had a hell of a time.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

eddiewalker posted:

change my name to Reginald.

Put the name tag on your smock

i fly airplanes
Sep 6, 2010

eddiewalker posted:

You can book them with just the middle name. They were mismatched into your SkyMiles account so your FF is literally already attached. Possibly same birth date

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe

ixo posted:

so is there some normal and cool and good way to get from ewr to lga? I'm doin barcelona in a few weeks and someone else booked my itinerary. my flights are den > ord > muc > bcn, returning is bcn > ewr / lga > den. the person who booked my travel says that I'll land in ewr and take "a super easy shuttle over to lga" but I don't trust this person. I land at ewr at 1440 and take off from lga at 1830, so I at least have some time I guess?

this got fixed, I'm now bcn > ewr > den. thanks for the sanity check.

I'll be staying next to the Plaça de les Cascades and should have a good amount of free time. what kicks rear end and is walkable?

i fly airplanes
Sep 6, 2010

ixo posted:

this got fixed, I'm now bcn > ewr > den. thanks for the sanity check.

I'll be staying next to the Plaça de les Cascades and should have a good amount of free time. what kicks rear end and is walkable?

The entire city is pretty walkable, this isn't 'murrica. The place where you're staying at is close to Fira which is more business-oriented as it's a big exhibition/event space, but connected to the Metro. The heart of the city is around Barceloneta beach and the Rambla boulevard. If you want less tourists head further north to Diagonal neighborhood, there's also a nude beach in this area.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

For requesting SkyMiles comp (broken IFE, non-WX flight cancellation), am I better off calling or doing it online?

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

movax posted:

For requesting SkyMiles comp (broken IFE, non-WX flight cancellation), am I better off calling or doing it online?

I had the best luck with sending an email to wecare@delta.com when I got involuntarily downgraded a couple weeks back. Within a few days they got back to me with a full refund of the upgrade fee I paid for both segments rather than the short one that I got downgraded on only, plus a $300 TCV. I'm happy with that outcome and it didn't take forever.

The two cases I have open for flight credit on Latam flights I took are apparently with another department but the agent was kind enough to look at their queue and verify that they were still there and waiting to be processed. Overall, solid level of service.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Beef Of Ages posted:

I had the best luck with sending an email to wecare@delta.com when I got involuntarily downgraded a couple weeks back. Within a few days they got back to me with a full refund of the upgrade fee I paid for both segments rather than the short one that I got downgraded on only, plus a $300 TCV. I'm happy with that outcome and it didn't take forever.

The two cases I have open for flight credit on Latam flights I took are apparently with another department but the agent was kind enough to look at their queue and verify that they were still there and waiting to be processed. Overall, solid level of service.

Cool, I'll try that out! My complaints (1st world, mild, etc etc) are:

* Broken IFE on HND-SEA, paid D1. I think it broke for the entire plane, so surprised I didn't get a pre-emptive mile dump. Normally wouldn't care, but it was stuck on the stupid ad loop which is bright white and I couldn't sleep which was the whole point of buying D1...
* Delayed LAS-SEA, due to inbound crew delay (FAs), followed by time-out (pilots), followed by cancellation. Got myself home later that night on Spirit + a friend driving to PDX to pick me up, and I'm not expecting $$$ back for that, but I would like the unusued portion of my miles back at a bare minimum.

On SEA-ATL right now on one of the older 763s, and I see now what people were saying about the D1 product on this... old for sure. GUC cleared, and I was expecting a 757 anyways, so pleasant surprise but... would not pay for this out of pocket.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.
Those old 763s are DL's weakest hard product. I'd rather have non-D1 F on a 752. I am, however, looking forward to trying out D1 on the 764 in June.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Beef Of Ages posted:

Those old 763s are DL's weakest hard product. I'd rather have non-D1 F on a 752. I am, however, looking forward to trying out D1 on the 764 in June.

Haven't taken off yet, so haven't reclined the seat yet... seems like that would be nice, but the IFE screen is definitely tiny compared to the usual F on the 752. Planning on working this leg anyways, so don't mind too much though... next leg is ATL-JNB GUC'd into D1. Hopefully that IFE works (to the point where I can turn the screen off and sleep).

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

movax posted:

Haven't taken off yet, so haven't reclined the seat yet... seems like that would be nice, but the IFE screen is definitely tiny compared to the usual F on the 752. Planning on working this leg anyways, so don't mind too much though... next leg is ATL-JNB GUC'd into D1. Hopefully that IFE works (to the point where I can turn the screen off and sleep).

Travel with a small roll of hockey tape, it's great for putting over obnoxious LEDs and backlights in hotel rooms and for taping in flight magazines or safety cards over IFE displays that won't turn off.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

I am giddy at the thought of seeing one of you taping over a whole rear end lit up ife screen with stick tape.

This is now my white whale

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.
I would absolutely tape the menu over the screen by fastening the top and bottom in order to block light if the IFE is broken and on, but that's it. I, too, long to see the insanity of some goon measuring out twelve strips of duct tape to cover a screen.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

I personally carry one of the 200 eye masks I’ve gotten on flights but please just tape everything. Put residue everywhere.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

I want to believe that you have carte blanche to do that kind of poo poo if you’re flying D1.

Egregious use of skate tape is how Tony Hawk gets IDed on flights.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Beef Of Ages posted:

I would absolutely tape the menu over the screen by fastening the top and bottom in order to block light if the IFE is broken and on, but that's it. I, too, long to see the insanity of some goon measuring out twelve strips of duct tape to cover a screen.

Yes, tape is a pro-tier travel essential now in my book, never occurred to me before. Guess I am old now.

Aside: Vegobears gummy bears are the best domestic snack on Delta and I will not hear any other opinions at this time.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

movax posted:

Yes, tape is a pro-tier travel essential now in my book, never occurred to me before. Guess I am old now.

For my small kit I save space from carrying rolls with old hotel key cards. One has a few wraps of duct tape and the other one has a few wraps of medical tape and hockey tape next to that.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

movax posted:

Aside: Vegobears gummy bears are the best domestic snack on Delta and I will not hear any other opinions at this time.

They are habit forming and I have a habit that I don't want to talk about anymore.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

You can usually origami the "emergency landing instructions" card into some combination of slots on the back of the seat to act as a light shield

Tape is pro tier move though

i fly airplanes
Sep 6, 2010

movax posted:

Are these those gummy bears in those little blue packets from Santa Monica CA??

Also, the "dark chocolate quinoa" snack that United is giving out is pretty good. Sounded gross but I was pleasantly surprised

movax
Aug 30, 2008

i fly airplanes posted:

Are these those gummy bears in those little blue packets from Santa Monica CA??

Yep — though I’ve been trying to find the same ones online, and all I’m finding are the single flavor packs…

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

movax posted:

Yep — though I’ve been trying to find the same ones online, and all I’m finding are the single flavor packs…

not having had them, this seems to be the exact same flavor mix, just in a different packaging: https://www.candypeople.us/products/vegobears-santa-monice-sweet

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Second to last time in my life having to fly through CLT

:pray:

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Hadlock posted:

CLT thirsts for your time and will to live.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.
In other news, I'm going to play a fun game of guessing how many things can go wrong over the next eleven days.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Hadlock posted:

god bless

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Hadlock posted: