Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

i dont enjoy a lego set i like a big box of lego parts to make my own thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

that is because i am a free spirit

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

some times i like to take a block and just leave it on its own, thats the power of lego

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

treasure bear posted:

Will you make a treasure bear diorama like your signature image though?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

treasure bear posted:

I like both!

But yeah, I can't think of any of my old sets that I'm particularly broken up about being broken up into parts bins.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

treasure bear posted:

some times i like to take a block and just leave it on its own, thats the power of lego

You should move up a tier and leave that one brick somewhere on the floor until you "find" it again. THAT is the true power of Lego

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

If there is going to be a UCS X-Wing for early May release, shouldn’t there be official information soon?

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Shiiiiiiiit, I don't got the money for this.

Seconding this. A UCS Venator will probably get bought by me to replace the ISD I could not bring myself to buy. Hopefully the Venator has some actual color like on Clone Wars, instead of being a giant Grey blob.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

treasure bear posted:

when I was a kid I would build a set then try to keep it intact for a week or so

after that it was just spare parts

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Orvin posted:

If there is going to be a UCS X-Wing for early May release, shouldn’t there be official information soon?

pretty soon yeah but we haven’t heard rumors of any other sets and UCS on May 4th has been a tradition since I guess the first UCS X-Wing? but I’d think photos and whatnot will be soon

FZl1f6wN5SnzjVSLCKg5WKpFGeudsWFi

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I gotta stop being lazy and sell a bunch of sets I have and don't have space for, but I fear that will result in my just buying more sets I can't open.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Shiiiiiiiit, I don't got the money for this.

BaconCopter posted:

should be the thread title.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

treasure bear posted:

Hey Riley

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lego party at my place, bring your own bricks

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

apparent leak from today

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Brick Clicker just dropped a full overview of the new UCS X-Wing using seemingly official Lego promotional images.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roOLK7nsU-w

Regular size R2D2 looks hella wrong, but is expected. They should have reprinted that old May 4th R2, or at very least the head. Oh well, set still looks pretty great.

BaconCopter fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Apr 4, 2023

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ugh, still with the tiny R2D2.

Looks allright, it's a step up from the 2012 Red 5 but I don't know if I care about getting it now. I think the 2017 minifig scale x wing remains the best looking one they have done. For adding such a steep price increase these recent UCS sets have been pretty underwhelming.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Luke's this, Luke's that. Zzzzzz. Obviously they're guaranteed sellers and Lego certainly likes printing money but come the gently caress on. Not gonna lie, the more I look at it the less I like it. It's not nearly enough of an "improvement" over the old one, if you can even call it that. Booo

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Yeah I was all ready to go to replace my Red 5 with an improvement, but that ain't it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That set should be full SNOT. Just like the last one should have been. The one before it I'll give a pass because it was before no studs was 'a thing.'

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Biggest problems with the Red 5 were the engines being way to small. This has been addressed but now they look too big. Too big is preferable though I think. It looks better, but still not great. Then the R2D2 thing. Having him so off scale looks terrible and I can't believe they didn't address it with a printed dome piece or something. This single handedly makes it not feel like an upgrade from the last one and killed my interest personally. Printed canopy is a step up and so is the cockpit interior. I like that they actually tried to build out the diamond shape of the fuselage for the first time ever, but it looks meh. the nose looks worse. Everything else seems like a wash and I actually like the look of the red 5 more in some areas. All in all not nearly the upgrade I was hoping for. Lego should do better than that at $240 >2000 parts.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I was going to get the X-Wing but with the Ghost all but confirmed I'm going to save my money for that instead.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I gotta stop being lazy and sell a bunch of sets I have and don't have space for, but I fear that will result in my just buying more sets I can't open.

What you planning to sell?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

obi_ant posted:

What you planning to sell?

I have to get them out of storage to make an accurate inventory but a number of the christmas sets, a few of the Mandalorian sets, and a few assorted ones like the arc de triomphe and the blacksmith from a few years ago.

e: I also have a bin of assorted one from my childhood, lots of pirates and knights in there but nothing remotely resembling complete sets. That's something to sort, clean, and maybe piece out but probably sell as bulk.

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

Taeke posted:

Hey Riley

Riley's perfect worm, indivisible.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

BaconCopter posted:

Luuke's this, Luuuke's that

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
Looking at the official Star Wars stuff, I'd have a hard time not just buying the Brick Vault versions, for example: https://www.brickvault.toys/products/x-wing-t-65-starfighter-minifig-scale

They look better to me, they have more of the ships, and they're at some sort of consistent scale.

I guess it's kind of a pain to collect all the pieces vs just buying a set and it's probably never going to have any collectible value, but it seems like it'd be a much better piece to actually display.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

that guys builds look great but cost a fortune to part out and are apparently insanely unfun builds. if you have an extra $300 and the time yeah you’ll get a really nice looking display piece out of it though.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
If your spaceship can't swoosh, then you'll look like a douche!

----------------

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

boxen posted:

Looking at the official Star Wars stuff, I'd have a hard time not just buying the Brick Vault versions, for example: https://www.brickvault.toys/products/x-wing-t-65-starfighter-minifig-scale

They look better to me, they have more of the ships, and they're at some sort of consistent scale.

I guess it's kind of a pain to collect all the pieces vs just buying a set and it's probably never going to have any collectible value, but it seems like it'd be a much better piece to actually display.

I've built this and it's fiendishly difficult in places but you can't argue with the results. It looks incredible and it has a great sense of scale.

Every time one of those oversized UCS sets comes out, I'm tempted to spend the money instead building one of these better scaled MOCs.

I want to get one of their TIEs to go with the xwing but not sure whether to go classic, bomber or interceptor.

----------------

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Lizard Combatant posted:

I've built this and it's fiendishly difficult in places but you can't argue with the results. It looks incredible and it has a great sense of scale.

Every time one of those oversized UCS sets comes out, I'm tempted to spend the money instead building one of these better scaled MOCs.

I want to get one of their TIEs to go with the xwing but not sure whether to go classic, bomber or interceptor.

https://www.brickvault.toys/collections/space-wars/products/tie-phantom-minifig-scale
This TIE Phantom looks amazing

----------------

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

It certainly does, but it's gotta be one of the originals for me.

----------------

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Mods, much as we have enjoyed our time with this lovely color scheme and new folks popping in to say hi, may we be moved back to HCH, please?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Send us to SAS and let us argue about which bricks are the best
And how goats are GOATed

----------------

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Carbohydrates posted:

Mods, much as we have enjoyed our time with this lovely color scheme and new folks popping in to say hi, may we be moved back to HCH, please?
Co-signed.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Requesting thread gets moved to FYAD. Thanks!

https://giant.gfycat.com/SizzlingThickIbis.mp4
THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH vanisher

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

So I opened up the small Classic pastels box (11028) in honor of our new color scheme, and there aren't enough plates in this set. Nonetheless I built a thing.

Sunrise Moose:

Will continue messing with it for a week or two but might go back to 11022 after.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Carbohydrates posted:

Also, please de-mod the mod who is abusing their power while you're at it.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

Carbohydrates posted:

Please.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Any BYOBers are welcome to tag along imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

the typewriter finally came on backorder on the lego site so i snagged one. was checking the thing for like 4 months at this point before it finally popped up. between that and the NES and the piano, i am dumb with my money