Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

could've gotten it way earlier off of amazon but gimme my goddamn points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
that x wing is such a bummer

i don’t have anything to add over what veni^3 said

i wish there was a cheap way to somehow get the printed canopy piece but whatever

good for people who don’t have one and want one though i guess

FZl1f6wN5SnzjVSLCKg5WKpFGeudsWFi

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

So glad the Lego thread finally made it's way to byob, can someone build a welcome sign out of Lego for me I want to post it thanks!!

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Some cute Lego cats to please our new BYOB friends:

This, yes, this, hello Lego builders I know some of you don't want the Lego thread to be moved in general, which is fine imo!! But also I am super duper happy and excited to have you friends around here and I hope you have a great time posing about Lego with us!!

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I for one enjoy having you guys around a lot, so what's the best food related thing you've ever built in Lego? A Lego hotdog? A weisswurst? Bread??
We like food around here, some of us eat it sometimes even, it's really a crazy habit

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
In true LEGO fashion, all our foods must be at least as long as one’s torso (hot dog) or longer (baguette). Alternatively, they can be the size of one’s leg (turkey leg).

Coffee may be consumed so long as the cup is two-thirds the volume of one’s head.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Goatse and Gallant posted:

So glad the Lego thread finally made it's way to byob, can someone build a welcome sign out of Lego for me I want to post it thanks!!

got u fam

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Hot frickin' drat this one looks so great. The proportions are so fantastic. I wonder how much of it I could build shifting parts out of my Imp base building materials.

Carbohydrates posted:

Mods, much as we have enjoyed our time with this lovely color scheme and new folks popping in to say hi, may we be moved back to HCH, please?
Not :emptyquote: but this.

E: Woah, new leak, I have little interest in a set like this but the princess/protag coverage seems pretty nuts for fans/diehards/kids.

BaconCopter fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Apr 5, 2023

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

:stare:

It's PERFECT

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

BaconCopter posted:

E: Woah, new leak, I have little interest in a set like this but the princess/protag coverage seems pretty nuts for fans/diehards/kids.
uhh whoa yeah that's clearly gonna be $150 but I'm gonna buy it because I have a five year old and might also myself be a five year old

It's a bigger ask but if they made the same thing with the Wreck it Ralph comfy princess designs I would buy it again

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

Also, please de-mod the mod who is abusing their power while you're at it.

hahahahhaa

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

There are apparently 10 10L boxes absolutely filled with randomly assorted LEGO somewhere in my parents' attic.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

There are apparently 10 10L boxes absolutely filled with randomly assorted LEGO somewhere in my parents' attic.

Everything is Awesome.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

lol

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Lol

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

BaconCopter posted:

That's wild, and completely against the 'don't give everybody everyone in a single set' thing that Lego has loved so much the last few years. Makes me wonder if the other Cinderella leaked castle is going to be as packed, unless that's what they're calling this one? Still a pretty wild departure.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Carbohydrates posted:

Mods, much as we have enjoyed our time with this lovely color scheme and new folks popping in to say hi, may we be moved back to HCH, please?

Requested this move, unless a byob mod hits it first.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

holy smokes grab that stash

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Awww I miss the chill colors of BYOB

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Wasn't taken with the new X-Wing on first viewing but having watched Jang's video and seen the comparisons with the older ones I've decided it's good and I want it.

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 5, 2023

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

RacingBrick has a preview up now which I haven’t watched but he does good ones. Seems like he has moved from “gets car and Technic sets for review” to “gets any adult sets for review.”

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Jesus freakin christ the new Star Wars Endor diorama is horrifically overpriced. Emperor's Throne Room is way too expensive as well. The Star Wars tax is real.

BaconCopter fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 5, 2023

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Yeah all the star wars dioramas have been that way so far

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/x-wing-starfighter-75355
site up

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

There's also a new (?) mini scale Executor up there that looks pretty good, and not too bad a price/piece count for Star Wars.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Any new non star wars stuff?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Lord Hydronium posted:

There's also a new (?) mini scale Executor up there that looks pretty good, and not too bad a price/piece count for Star Wars.

That one's been up for a while and I can't wait to not get it because I wait for that rumored death star GWP

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Well that's actually pretty refreshing. It definitely looks better in the videos than the images.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I’m coming around on it that first preview was kinda shittily done

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I ain't gonna buy it but if I did the first mod I'd make is replace those 4 2x8 with studs with a bunch of 2x4 tiles.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Chris Knight posted:

holy smokes grab that stash
It's mine, from my childhood - I was one of the kids that always requested LEGO for every gift, and because the prices in Denmark weren't that bad, I usually got some.
If I had room for it, I'd absolutely get it.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
What is that tiger doing to its anus???

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I see this R2D2 polybag going for around €10 on bricklink:

It feels like this would be a better scale match for the UCS X-Wing and looking at the greebling behind the tiny R2:

it doesn't look impossible to fit at least the 4x4 domed head piece. Might have to do this if/when I get it.

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Apr 5, 2023

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I tried to do this with the original UCS X-Wing and I’m terrible at building without instructions but I couldn’t figure it the gently caress out in a way that looked good

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Something about the X-Wing itself feels off to me, but I can’t explain what. It almost looks too chunky and the wings are too stubby, I dunno.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

lego thread, you have been offered paradise and you shunned it. if you end up back in finance and careers or god forbid fyad, don't expect any sympathy from me.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Something about the X-Wing itself feels off to me, but I can’t explain what. It almost looks too chunky and the wings are too stubby, I dunno.

For me, it's because the top and bottom of the nose are totally horizontal rather than angled, for example the slope of the top is supposed to continue the line of the canopy but the new one doesn't.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The Voice of Labor posted:

lego thread, you have been offered paradise and you shunned it. if you end up back in finance and careers or god forbid fyad, don't expect any sympathy from me.

Grown adults playing with toys don't have time for fun.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

The Voice of Labor posted:

Unironically I think they should move your LEGO thread from cspam to byob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I think the actual overall proportions are closer than the old UCS BUT the nose not tapering right makes it look wrong?