Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Its honestly kind of baffling to me why we would pretend the show is clearly good, good. Its obviously not on the level of Deadwood or Mad Men. That's fine, that's a very very hard bar to clear. I am a book lover in spite of everything and we all know everything is a lot So what's the bar?. Legion blows it out of the water. The Shannara tv series? Legend of the Seeker? Those are very low bars to clear. I'll watch all of it because I'm intrigued to see what they do but you can compare it to other shows. And those aren't favorable comparisons a lot of the time. I'm not saying that as someone who demands 6 episodes of Rand and Matt sleeping in ditches to be legit but someone concerned that random rear end barmaid dropped ishy/moridin's entire motivation in what, like episode 5?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

DarkHorse posted:

I was thinking anime protagonist/antagonist

No, he's an Epheboph Aiel.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

But I'm fine with what we got in the show.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
In 2001, i created an Amazon account so I could buy a starter pack of the wheel of time ccg. I think I still have them in a box somewhere at my mom's house. If i ever find them, I'll scan some and post.

Colonel Cool
Dec 24, 2006

Was the dagger supposed to be a unique magical artefact or something? I was always under the impression that literally anything that someone took out of Shadar Logoth would have had the same effect, it just happened to be a cool looking dagger that he picked up.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Welp

Just saw in the wotseries discord that the shows been cancelled :ohdear: 2 seasons is all we get. They're penning an epilogue for the series, will post it here when it's up.

Really wish we could have gotten at least TSR

gently caress Amazon and Ralph Jenkins for loving it up

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Interesting date for that rumor to leak :hmmyes:

Democratic Pirate fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Apr 1, 2023

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
"I win again, streaming viewers." - Jeff "The Dark One" Bezos

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

pik_d posted:

They got naked every day together to wash their clothes in the Arinelle

......go on....

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Could have at least said three seasons since the third was already greenlit.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hexel posted:

Welp

Just saw in the wotseries discord that the shows been cancelled :ohdear: 2 seasons is all we get. They're penning an epilogue for the series, will post it here when it's up.

Really wish we could have gotten at least TSR

gently caress Amazon and Ralph Jenkins for loving it up

1/10, you could have at least forged a discord message

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

HA make me Ik of this thread so I can seal April fools jokes behind seven layers of cuendillar

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

buffalo all day posted:

HA make me Ik of this thread so I can seal April fools jokes behind seven layers of cuendillar

Oh no they'll break free though

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Oh no they'll break free though

nonsense, the seals are unbreakable. me and my bros have a foolproof plan

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Welp, I'm in. I'll hold the seals.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Mad Hamish posted:

......go on....

Let's just say they invented a new sword form called Sheathing the Dagger

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Welp, I'm in. I'll hold the seals.

I'll make the website standing flows

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

No you must release and break the seals on the bad posts

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Shageletic posted:

No you must release and break the seals on the bad posts

that happened a long time ago

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
shades of posters on rec.arts.sf.written.robert-jordan spreading false info.

Truly time is a wheel and that age has come again

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Any kids in TSR? 🤔

https://twitter.com/geekyeri/status/1643656971986546689?s=46&t=FuVqINhLr5iT6f4jGf4sZg

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

There's the girl Rand couldn't save after the attack, but I don't think children play much of a role in general.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Could be for a Rand flashback

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

There’s a lot of children in Rand’s 5th vision in the glass columns 🤔

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Kids living in the two rivers ?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

lol. yup. that whole plotline of perrin's that i somehow completely forgot

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

This is obviously some strange meaning of the word "twins" that I wasn't previously aware of

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

That might be "twins age 1, and twins age 4", two sets

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah but I like my way better

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
One of the twins was born on February 28th and one on February 29th. Thus 4 and 1 :eng101:

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Honestly bummed the casting call wasn't "gangly scrawny nine year old who doesn't mind cussing and complimenting ladies. Must have proficiency in wind instruments and horses. Must have no knowledge of where acting skills came from."

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

“Who is corrupting Olver?” needs to be the next mystery box now that we know who the dragon reborn is :laugh:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

So most of the gang is all back in Prague now for the start for season 3 filming.

Saw a post from Leane's actress Jennifer Cheon Garcia departing from an airport so she must be on her way as well.

12 days til Jcon and hopefully some real news.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Production is apparently beginning this week. We don't know if that's actual filming or like table reads and poo poo.

Priyanka Bose got video on her IG of what looks like training and rehearsals. You can see Donal Finn in the background in yellow. https://www.instagram.com/p/Cq43sMLoBPZ/

3 days til Jordan Con and most likely something substantial.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

This MF is bringing back wot wednesday. I think that bodes well for a June or July release. Can’t see him having something to say every wednesday for months on end.

gently caress him though for that Meera Syal tease :argh:

https://twitter.com/rafejudkins/status/1648712280270417922?s=46&t=FuVqINhLr5iT6f4jGf4sZg

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

The people of #TwitterOfTime have figured out who most of the actors are who weren't shown

https://twitter.com/WotTVSeries/status/1648770258491133952

Rafe was, for some reason, impressed that a bunch of info-thirsty bored nerds hyped up on JordanCon were able to do it so quickly

https://twitter.com/rafejudkins/status/1648784040982462464

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Aviendha on set. They definitely filming this week. Odd that the official account hasn't said anything about it :shrug:

Maybe they're saving all their social juices for Saturday. From what i understand whatever they gave to Jordan con as far as news goes will happen 4 EST Saturday.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

I saw a rumor somewhere that Faile would be in sooner than the books, and that Laia Costa kind of gives me Faile vibes.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

seaborgium posted:

I saw a rumor somewhere that Faile would be in sooner than the books, and that Laia Costa kind of gives me Faile vibes.

How much sooner can it even be because S2 is going to combine books 2 and 3 and she shows up in 3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Confusion around Faile and when she appears stems from early speculation that she was definitely gonna be in S2, mostly based around Natasha Jayahendry's casting

However, many believe that Natasha Jayahendry has a tiny role, like some c-tier tower aes sedai because she didn't shoot for long, maybe even less than a day. Then at one of the cons, San Diego or New York, Judkins responded to a question about Faile and Perrin's actor didn't even know who Faile was and Judkins said they were discussing her intro into the show during the S3 writers room which solidified the belief for many that Faile isn't even in S2.

Some other tidbit had come forth not long ago which revived a belief that Faile will be in S2, I forget what it was and can't be assed to check my post history, but it basically went like: Perrin doesn't know who she is yet because they didn't shoot together but she takes the Hero's oath and has her intro in S2.

So who the gently caress knows :shrug: