Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Dango Bango posted:

Yeah. It's just that when you break that wall, it's like okay why don't you grab a bunch of weapons or something.

i mean the ref has discretion and if he wanted to could just let FTR go to town with danielson's lobotomy pick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lmao the clear ADR

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

dromal phrenia posted:

i didnt know wardlow and britt were that close!

she brought him in

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MJeff posted:

I like the story that the Gunns were willing to abandon ending FTR's careers just to hold onto their titles, but FTR was not willing to give up their chance at the titles to keep their careers. It puts over the titles huge from both ends.

Yeah that ruled.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Saraya “the most popular women’s wrestler ever” lmao

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cole should 1000% be worried about Wardlow

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Yeah that was about as perfect a show as you can book. No bad segments, no wasted moments of tv. Everything had a purpose and everything did a good job. What a great time to nail a really good wrestling show. Hope they got some new eyeballs. If you didn't like that show I just don't think you like a good wrestling show

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

dromal phrenia posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVKoDi_wcPw

drat this was only 8 years ago

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Aww

They got the cats :unsmith:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh my god look at their little bow ties.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

dromal phrenia posted:

Britt basically got Wardlow his job

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Ew, People shirt lmfao

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

lmao at subtitling Tay

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Why was Indiana's flag flying in Boston?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The switchblade is back. FTR won and aren’t going to the fed. MJF segment was god-tier. Great show all round

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

PotatoJudge posted:

Why was Indiana's flag flying in Boston?

America is at war with itself

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
The problem with All Access is that it doesn't feel any different from any other reality series like it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol wait she does Busted Open from her own house?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Eat My Fuc posted:

I just don’t understand. There have been Dynamites featuring some of the greatest matches of all time, this one just kind of existed. Wouldn’t put it in the top 50 why does it rank amongst the best?

Jay White debut, surprise set-up for Keith Lee/Jericho, fun trios match, great women's championship match, all-timer MJF face segment that also progressed the build for the four pillars match, good spotty Sammy/Kommander match, fun progression of the Firm story, incredible BCC segment with Bryan setting the framing for the Elite feud and basically instantly making himself the top heel in the company outside of MJF, and then a feel-good face triumph at the end that also means a good tag team is going to stay around

In general I just thought it moved at a really fun brisk pace and never really dipped in quality outside of a couple of minutes of Sammy and Tony talking

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Now THAT is a wrestling show, my dudes

A freakin men

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Seams posted:

The switchblade is back. FTR won and aren’t going to the fed. MJF segment was god-tier. Great show all round

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

xbilkis posted:

Jay White debut, surprise set-up for Keith Lee/Jericho, fun trios match, great women's championship match, all-timer MJF face segment that also progressed the build for the four pillars match, good spotty Sammy/Kommander match, fun progression of the Firm story, incredible BCC segment with Bryan setting the framing for the Elite feud and basically instantly making himself the top heel in the company outside of MJF, and then a feel-good face triumph at the end that also means a good tag team is going to stay around

In general I just thought it moved at a really fun brisk pace and never really dipped in quality outside of a couple of minutes of Sammy and Tony talking

Thanks. I missed the first 15 and all that poo poo I missed sounds like stuff i’d have liked.

BCC segment was great the rest I was bored

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

she brought him in

i knew she recommended him, but I didn't know they were best friends.

or i did and i forgot

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Eddie segment on the reality show

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

dromal phrenia posted:

or i did and i forgot

its this

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
just another all-timer dynamite

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Worst Podcaster Geek You Know Makes A Good Point

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
if I’m being honest the show could’ve ended after switchblade’s return and I’d be still be very happy

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
"Are we good man"

As Eddie is paying attending to his phone and not paying attention to sammy :yeshaha:

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
All Access got me believing that a lot of the drama in AEW is a work

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Eat My Fuc posted:

Thanks. I missed the first 15 and all that poo poo I missed sounds like stuff i’d have liked.

BCC segment was great the rest I was bored

Sounds like you're in a funk, buddy. I recommend going to your local arcade and playing some games, the getting some delicious Chinese takeout. Do that and report back.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yea ok posted:

Worst Podcaster Geek You Know Makes A Good Point

better pic of the sign

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Miles O'Brian posted:

good chance all the stories about backstage drama were dirt sheet plants to boost the reality show months later

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Seams posted:

if I’m being honest the show could’ve ended after switchblade’s return and I’d be still be very happy

Agreed

it's going to be interesting how he interacts with the Elite, if at all

Like is Kenny going to be all "What's up, brother Switchblade" again

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Miles O'Brian posted:

LMAO it just hit me - what if all this stuff was angles for the show and Dave just got worked all last fall/winter??

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lmao AJPW on Eddie's phone

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Dango Bango posted:

LMAO it just hit me - what if all this stuff was angles for the show and Dave just got worked all last fall/winter??

This is 100% what happened

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Dango Bango posted:

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Dango Bango posted:

if CM Punk shows up on the season finale it's gonna be the biggest swerve in wrestling history