Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I honestly didnt even notice that reading on my phone i just thought it was some great surrealism! bonus points for it not actually being impossible and just a trick of paneling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I think they're her mantis arms. Arms make pretty versatile weapons once you get past some of the squishier parts of human anatomy. A devil able to reconstruct itself can probably sharpen its arms.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
I love how she destroyed that building by making it fall upwards

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
What kind of traumas do buildings have

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

What kind of traumas do buildings have

Think about everything that has been done in them.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gotta hand it to Falling somehow not the worst grocery store customer to have

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
God the Falling Devil is so hot.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

God the Falling Devil is so hot.

Please do not fetishize the personification of one of mankind's most primal and basic fears made up of the horrifying corpses of its victims stitched together in a roughly humanoid shape.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

Please do not fetishize the personification of one of mankind's most primal and basic fears made up of the horrifying corpses of its victims stitched together in a roughly humanoid shape.

yeah but like their hat game is sick

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

ImpAtom posted:

I like her for her personality.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

counterpoint, she's called the Falling Devil but it hasn't been explicitly stated in what way you fall for her. Fujimoto you clever bastard you've done it again

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the falling devil is my style icon and i hope when i grow up i can be just like her

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
while i commend everyone in this conversation for not yet saying "i've fallen for her" it still needs to be said

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Jerkface posted:

I honestly didnt even notice that reading on my phone i just thought it was some great surrealism! bonus points for it not actually being impossible and just a trick of paneling

Yeah the layout game on that page is strong as hell, and every panel is a new emotion, I just had to stop and cackle for like a minute when I read it

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ImpAtom posted:

I'm falling for the Falling Devil.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
The only way to defeat the Falling Devil is to make her fall for YOU.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Das Boo posted:

The only way to defeat the Falling Devil is to make her fall for YOU.

Purposefully incurring Nayuta's wrath would certainly be a novel ploy from Denji.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she's trying to kill denji, so she's halfway to being a love interest already.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
I do wonder what the narrative intention is here:

1. Falling Devil seems almost invincible as Denji, so perhaps the only way to kill her is by devouring her. Are the denizens of Hell hoping that the Chainsaw can erase the concept of falling? What would be gained from that? Increase the fear of people floating into space? Remove all of gravity and atmosphere from Earth?

2. Does Falling Devil's abilities work on Denji? In the past, the Doll Devil only worked on humans, but would Falling Devil affect hybrids? If so, we might get deja vu or a new trauma from deeper within Denji's memories.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Flair posted:

1. Falling Devil seems almost invincible as Denji, so perhaps the only way to kill her is by devouring her. Are the denizens of Hell hoping that the Chainsaw can erase the concept of falling? What would be gained from that? Increase the fear of people floating into space? Remove all of gravity and atmosphere from Earth?

Judging by what happened with hybrids after Pochita ate the hybrid devil, falling would still exist but humans and younger devils would not understand the phenomena of falling. It would probably be very bad for humanity

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Denji is going to knock off her toque and reveal that a racaccoonie devil was controlling her the whole time, the real villain

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

does Denji have regeneration powers beyond drinking blood/his cord getting pulled? wondering how he recovers from his present condition, fighting alone and in pieces

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I remain pretty sure that the chainsaw man eating stuff thing only kicks in if pochita's in the driver seat

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Tatsuki Fujimoto is REALLY good at oneshots.

In addition to Look Back and Goodbye Eri Viz put up some of his "before Chainsaw man" early works and they're all so weird and funny and also kind of heartfelt in strange but sincere ways.

Anyway, my prediction/fear for the next chapter is that Falling Devil is going to hit Denji with all the repressed trauma he has from losing Power and Aki and we'll get a flashback of their time together and it'll make me cry and Denji fly up into Hell.

He's not repressed the Power and Aki trauma, though. He's just moved on from it. From the description of Falling's powers, it seems like that's not going to do much.

Denji's generally good at coping with trauma and ignoring trauma, to the point it took Makima a very complicated set of circumstances to break him, and (thanks to Power) he even recovered from that. Since Falling only seems to hit some people, Denji seems more likely than not to be able to roll with it.

(Meanwhile, Asa has been practicing to lose here for most of her life.)

bees x1000 posted:

does Denji have regeneration powers beyond drinking blood/his cord getting pulled? wondering how he recovers from his present condition, fighting alone and in pieces

That's why he's drinking Falling's blood. Hurts her, heals him.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

chiasaur11 posted:

That's why he's drinking Falling's blood. Hurts her, heals him.

oh yeah, I guess we can assume he's drinking her blood because that's what Denji does.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Flair posted:

I do wonder what the narrative intention is here:

Ending of Fire Punch can be real

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

symbolic posted:

counterpoint, she's called the Falling Devil but it hasn't been explicitly stated in what way you fall for her. Fujimoto you clever bastard you've done it again

lmao

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

His first regeneration ever was being in pieces

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

ImpAtom posted:

Think about everything that has been done in them.

People poo poo in them.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Electric Phantasm posted:

Purposefully incurring Nayuta's wrath would certainly be a novel ploy from Denji.

Falling Devil should be stronger than Nayuta. Makima was weaker than the Darkness Devi, and there is no reason to think she should be stronger than another primal fear.

Anyway Denji should be quickly overpowered once Falling Devil tries.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
Not to go all POWER LEVELS, but I do think Darkness Devil seemed stronger than Falling Devil. Primals are all extremely powerful, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re all equally powerful.

Yes Falling isn’t really trying here, and she might start crushing Denji in a moment. But it’s actually a fight.

Whereas vs Darkness there was a crack devil hunter team + Makima and all they could do was bravely run away.

And with this whole imminent apocalypse arc it sort of makes sense that they would start with the ‘weakest’ of the primals and work their way up to the even more dangerous ones.

And obviously Nayuta is severely weakened compared to Makima. Makima had a dozen different devil contracts she could call upon, Nayuta has some doggos. Adorable yes, invincible no.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I think “primal fear” is more of a subjective term than an official list or status or anything. They’re just things everyone is generally naturally afraid of.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

AnoHito posted:

I think “primal fear” is more of a subjective term than an official list or status or anything. They’re just things everyone is generally naturally afraid of.

This is explicitly what powers devils though.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I thought primal as stated in the Manga as "fears that never died once."

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i believe in denji. hes going to win

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Asa and Denji are gonna team up to do
A dual tech and it's gonna be sick

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The next chapter of Chainsaw Man leaked online, turns out Denji beats the Falling Devil by asking her to make him a cheeseburger and getting it to go.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Elite posted:

Not to go all POWER LEVELS, but I do think Darkness Devil seemed stronger than Falling Devil. Primals are all extremely powerful, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re all equally powerful.

I think very few devils are afraid of falling, but many could be afraid of the dark. I figure power is as contextual as the fear that powers it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I want the falling devil to become the new power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i look forward to hundreds of chapters more of falling