Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Weird decisions aside from weird people, that was a kickass chapter. I love how everything is happening all at once all over the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

mfers would rather read a colouring book than wait 12 hours for TCB smh

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
After 1000 chapters of anticipation garp did NOT disappoint.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
No man is an island....except the man who ate the island island fruit

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What ho, Muscle Wizard? Might you cast us a spell?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Cat Machine posted:

mfers would rather read a colouring book than wait 12 hours for TCB smh

TCB scans give me something to look forward to in my workday

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Oda does it again. This was flat out better than last week's chapter.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Runa posted:

TCB scans give me something to look forward to in my workday

Same.

No Wave posted:

After 1000 chapters of anticipation garp did NOT disappoint.

Yeah, this chapter finally gave us a good glimpse at how Garp was able to go toe-to-toe with Roger.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

drat, Pizarro's fruit is like Pica's on steroids. Also confirmation that Sanjuan's insane size is because of a DF.

e: How the gently caress did Perona get there?

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Apr 6, 2023

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Reading that poo poo scan felt nostalgic to reading the early '00s scans. All it was missing was Coby telling Blackbeard to "gently caress off!".

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Maybe I'm misremembering, but wasn't Perona just with Mihawk?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I wonder how painful it is to spend weeks cooking a new chapter and half the world’s first brush with it is a 15 year old’s MSPaint fill bucket edit

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

I'll join you in waiting for TCB, Cat Machine. That first page and a half I looked at was rough stuff.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I feel like if your raws aren't good enough quality to release and you're already basically the methadone scans for people who can't wait a day for TCB, maybe just take a rain check that week lol

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I know I'm being a whining weiner here but this year's chapters have had some of the most critical moments OP history and people are gonna have their memories forever diminished or outright tarnished because they first read them on a scan of a toilet paper pencil etching that's been filled in with crayola... have some respect for the art that u love guys cmon, this is like watching a 240p camrip of a movie where half the dialogue is drowned out by someone farting

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Supremezero posted:

Maybe I'm misremembering, but wasn't Perona just with Mihawk?

No, that was right before Mihawk went to fight the marines when the government dis added the 7 warlords. She left after hearing about Moria attack pirate island.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Cat Machine posted:

I know I'm being a whining weiner here but this year's chapters have had some of the most critical moments OP history and people are gonna have their memories forever diminished or outright tarnished because they first read them on a scan of a toilet paper pencil etching that's been filled in with crayola... have some respect for the art that u love guys cmon, this is like watching a 240p camrip of a movie where half the dialogue is drowned out by someone farting

The actual printed paper most people read the physical manga on is absolute Dogshit quality too so hey

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Cat Machine posted:

The work stands plenty well on it's own to survive a fan crayon coloring experience.

Chapter rips. Fireworks going off everywhere.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

With One Piece, it's never "When are we going to get to the fireworks factory" it's "we're driving away from the fireworks factory to get to the bigger fireworks factory"

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Garp really was going easy on Luffy at Water 7, god drat.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

same

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Cat Machine posted:

This. Have some self respect.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Cat Machine posted:

preach it

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Ten years ago literally every manga TL was poo poo awful and now I'm supposed to be a snob for quality?

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Apr 6, 2023

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Me waiting the extra day for the TCB scan.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

No Wave posted:

Ten years ago literally every manga TL was poo poo awful and now I'm supposed to be a snob for quality?

yes.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

a hundred years ago we'd all be dead from th spanish flu and manga wouldnt exist. we don't live in caves anymore, show some drat respect

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

ok this is closer to a 480p camrip where someone chews through a couple scenes smdh

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i read the godawful lovely translation and regret nothing

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

10 years ago it was MangaPanda or wait weeks for the official. We got by with what we had at the time. All I’m suggesting is that folks exert the teeniest bit of self-control and wait a few hours for TCB instead of reading whatever this OPScans dogshit is. Don’t wanna live in a world where the first time I see the One Piece its been bucket-filled by a colourblind teenager.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

ok this is closer to a 480p camrip where someone chews through a couple scenes smdh
You got a choice between watching the camrip on your phone or waiting a few hours for the cinema to open, whats it gonna be

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Imagine if the east blue scans you read were this bad. You'd never be into the series today.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I was there for Kaizoku Fansubs and I don't wanna go back (ok the animated attack names were pretty cool)

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

No Wave posted:

Imagine if the east blue scans you read were this bad. You'd never be into the series today.

the east blue scans I read were even worse than this, it was like one hundred straight chapters of Tanjiahdo Lofulamingo-tier translatiosn that was often straight-up unintelligible

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I read the poo poo scan, I'll read the better scan and I'll read the official release on a phone and laptop

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Cat Machine posted:

10 years ago it was MangaPanda or wait weeks for the official. We got by with what we had at the time. All I’m suggesting is that folks exert the teeniest bit of self-control and wait a few hours for TCB instead of reading whatever this OPScans dogshit is. Don’t wanna live in a world where the first time I see the One Piece its been bucket-filled by a colourblind teenager.

You got a choice between watching the camrip on your phone or waiting a few hours for the cinema to open, whats it gonna be

first one then the other bish, just more time to enjoy one piece

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Cat Machine posted:

I was there for Kaizoku Fansubs and I don't wanna go back (ok the animated attack names were pretty cool)

those were pretty kickass

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
It was a lot of effort but often made the attack names unreadable my nakama

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
its here
https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/6621/one-piece-chapter-1080?&date=6-4-2023-8

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Cat Machine posted:

wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

holy poo poo

Garp is still an absolute monster huh