Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also when I saw Tashigi, I furiously scanned the page for Smoker but no, he's still just kinda gone, huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Devil Fruit users are fine up to like knee height in water so the bottom of the island is basically just his knees

Islands go down to the bottom of the ocean. They don't float or anything. So he has to only be merging with a portion of it I think.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Nephthys posted:

Islands go down to the bottom of the ocean. They don't float or anything. So he has to only be merging with a portion of it I think.

It's One Piece science, there's probably a floating island.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

gonna be loving insane to see Pizarro's power used on a sky island

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i read the garbage scan and it kicked rear end and then i read the better scan and it kicked rear end and in a few days I'm gonna read the official release and, I don't know yet so I can't be sure, but I'm guessing it's absolutely gonna kick rear end, one piece rules

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
So this chapter confirms that all of Blackbeard's main crew are fruit users, as Vasco & Pizarro were unknown before (technically, we don't know the details of Lafitte's fruit, but he did randomly sprout wings so it's safe to assume he has one. I'm betting that they are all defeated by drowning in the end, as that hasn't happened to any DF user that I'm aware of in canon.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

DeadBonesBrook posted:

So this chapter confirms that all of Blackbeard's main crew are fruit users, as Vasco & Pizarro were unknown before (technically, we don't know the details of Lafitte's fruit, but he did randomly sprout wings so it's safe to assume he has one. I'm betting that they are all defeated by drowning in the end, as that hasn't happened to any DF user that I'm aware of in canon.

A nice contrast showing them off right after Shanks, who I'm pretty sure doesn't have a single fruit user on his crew.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Gooooooooooooood chapter. Worth the wait!

Always love to see a bunch of new devil fruits. Pizarro's seems pretty cool, I wonder how it's going to be distinguished from Pica.

Garp's dog-themed ship :allears:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Jack was temporarily defeated by dunking him in the deep.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

the bitcoin of weed posted:

i read the garbage scan and it kicked rear end and then i read the better scan and it kicked rear end and in a few days I'm gonna read the official release and, I don't know yet so I can't be sure, but I'm guessing it's absolutely gonna kick rear end, one piece rules

:agreed:

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
All this time I figured SWORD was a secret reform movement but it’s actually some kinda bizarre open status of “bad cop who doesn’t play by the rules, but drat it you get results”

Siliziumleben
Dec 4, 2003

The scientists' findings were astounding! They discovered that the powers of the Metroid might be harnessed for the good of civilization!

how the hell do they even keep Sanjuan fed, that guy must have the daily calorie needs of a small country's population

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Cat Machine posted:

I know I'm being a whining weiner here but this year's chapters have had some of the most critical moments OP history and people are gonna have their memories forever diminished or outright tarnished because they first read them on a scan of a toilet paper pencil etching that's been filled in with crayola... have some respect for the art that u love guys cmon, this is like watching a 240p camrip of a movie where half the dialogue is drowned out by someone farting

actually nobody in this thread is so dim brained that their memory of the cool stuff is going to be tainted by reading the low quality version, the idea of that is weird and patronizing

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

No Wave posted:

Let me get the last word in. ok we can leave it at that.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Siliziumleben posted:

how the hell do they even keep Sanjuan fed, that guy must have the daily calorie needs of a small country's population

Change size to small, eat big sandwich, change size to big.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Waffleman_ posted:

It's One Piece science, there's probably a floating island.

You mean like Thriller Bark, which was last seen right next to Fullalead/Hachinosu?

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Chapter was loving amazing.

So at this point the only member of the
Blackbeards who isn't accounted for is Lafitte. He's also the only one whose fruit we don't know, soI suspect he's the one headed to Egghead. I bet we learn what his deal is and since he has hypnosis powers I could see him using that to steal a Vegapunk and gain control of the Seraphim for Blackbeards own purposes.

Kuzan, Laffitte, Devon and the secret tenth Titanic Captain are the most likely candidates to show up at Egghead right now.

jassa fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Apr 6, 2023

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

I wonder if Garp saw the Sunny rocketing off into the air back at Water Seven and thought "that's a great idea for an entrance"

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm done with the subject.

You should be ashamed of your recent behavior. I hope it doesn't keep you up at night.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

drat, if this is what Garp can do in retirement how strong was Rocks?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

whoa nelly

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Scholtz posted:

You should be ashamed of your recent behavior. I hope it doesn't keep you up at night.

I apologize for my overly rash words. Been having a real bad time of things lately, but that was no excuse to take it out on the thread like that.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

I apologize for my overly rash words. Been having a real bad time of things lately, but that was no excuse to take it out on the thread like that.

you were right.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mostly joking with that emotyquote but also lol at all of this

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Wanna see me read a chapter?

Wanna see me read it again?

Also there was 12 hours between the different versions being posted. I'm glad that people are strong enough to resist but I'm definitely not, gimme all the info about a chapter and give it to me as soon as possible!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I said I was sorry...

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Luffy solos the Blackbeard crew by pulling the ground out under them, waiting for them to notice and fall into the ocean like they're Wile E Coyote.

Also we all thought Zoro would fight Shiryu but now he has to fight the Booze guy.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Apr 6, 2023

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Makes sense, Koby is the only one who hasn't eaten a devil fruit.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Their fault for going into the pool with devil fruits

^same brain

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Oh, so Garp is just packing nukes in his fists all the time. Good to know. Also, I really thought the third member of the rescue squad would also be a pretty lady.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Lol

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Supersonic Shine posted:

Oh, so Garp is just packing nukes in his fists all the time. Good to know. Also, I really thought the third member of the rescue squad would also be a pretty lady.

He's making King Elizabello look like a total rear end in a top hat, what with his one hour wind-up for a strong punch

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Waffleman_ posted:

Aw I was just poking fun at the "you should be embarrassed to read bad scans" take. While I don't think people should take which scans are read too seriously, people also shouldn't take that opinion too seriously either. I'm sorry for my snarky reply.

I hope things go smoother for you ASAP. Don't feel too bad for venting to your nakama (the SA One Piece manga thread.)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Next week is the last chapter before Golden Week, right? God, if Oda leaves us on a cliffhanger for a Garp vs BB fight

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Waffleman_ posted:

Next week is the last chapter before Golden Week, right? God, if Oda leaves us on a cliffhanger for a Garp vs BB fight

search your feelings. you already know it's going to happen

even funnier would be moving on and not telling us the resolution until later

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I ain’t sorry for what I said but I’m glad we can all be nakamatachi about this

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Oh hey, Vegapunk actually managed to sell his gunpowder flowers

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

ThingOne posted:

Oh hey, Vegapunk actually managed to sell his gunpowder flowers

What a good design too bad she's a cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

RuBisCO posted:

What a good design too bad she's a cop

WELL ACTUALLY she’s a disavowed wet works operative engaging in open hostilities with a failed/emerging state.