Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Desumaytah posted:

San Juan Wolf doesn't freeze up in the ocean because he has enough body hair to trap air bubbles and insulate himself from sea water. Seems Oda enough.

Propose he actually just wears a waterproof onesie, and he’s in impel down because he was the only pirate to realise that marines hate this one weird trick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Propose he actually just wears a waterproof onesie, and he’s in impel down because he was the only pirate to realise that marines hate this one weird trick

Blackbeard's crew found the upgraded Jacket-jacket fruit, which scales to size. Wolf is just wearing the hidden 10th captain, who's taking the sea water hit for him instead.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Supremezero posted:

Wait.

If San Juan's size is due to a devil fruit

How the hell does he keep wandering around shoulders deep in the ocean

He's pretty tired and drained from doing so from his own words.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

So doing some talking and I think the Strawhat lineup against the Ten Titanic captains will be the following

Luffy vs Blackbeard (duh)

Zoro vs Shillew (first mate vs first mate)

Sanji vs Vasco Shot (food vs booze)

Nami vs Catarina Devon (beauty vs beauty hunter)

Usopp vs Van Augur (sniper vs sniper)

Chopper vs Doc Q (doctor vs doctor)

Franky vs Wolf (ship disassembler vs colossal battleship)

Robin vs Pizarro (light of the revolution vs corrupt king)

Brook vs Lafitte (Musician vs Dancer)

Jinbe vs Burgess (Martial Arts: Jujutsu vs Wrestling)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, that’d make sense (it’s really only a question now whether Blackbeard or Imu will be the final boss)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think it'll be more messy, chaotic and complicated and have multiple other groups involved.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, I’m personally expecting another Marineford esque war to close things out where the truth behind the WG and the Void Century finally comes to light leading to a massive revolution backed up by the Strawhat crew

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
imho Shiliew could go to either Zoro or Sanji, if you think of it in terms of who “fits” that fight Zoro is the closest thing to a first mate but in terms of his power set Sanji makes a lot more sense since Sanji is the observation haki guy which is a hard counter to invisibility and also it’s a very Oda thing to have Sanji fight another invisible man to lament the second loss of his dream.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
There's also the fact that Blackbeard has a 10th captain that hasn't been revealed yet and it isn't Kuzan so we dunno how they'll factor in

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sanji will fight Kuzan because he kidnapped Pudding. Also, fire vs ice.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Im loving the Garp De Burst. He probably punched the sea to do it, too

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Plutonis posted:

So doing some talking and I think the Strawhat lineup against the Ten Titanic captains will be the following

Luffy vs Blackbeard (duh)

Zoro vs Shillew (first mate vs first mate)

Sanji vs Vasco Shot (food vs booze)

Nami vs Catarina Devon (beauty vs beauty hunter)

Usopp vs Van Augur (sniper vs sniper)

Chopper vs Doc Q (doctor vs doctor)

Franky vs Wolf (ship disassembler vs colossal battleship)

Robin vs Pizarro (light of the revolution vs corrupt king)

Brook vs Lafitte (Musician vs Dancer)

Jinbe vs Burgess (Martial Arts: Jujutsu vs Wrestling)

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Sanji will fight Kuzan because he kidnapped Pudding. Also, fire vs ice.

Cool cool. Good line up, but you're forgetting

Sanji will fight Shillew because he stole Sanji's chance at eating the Clear-Clear Fruit again

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Inadequately posted:

It's worth remembering that Devon, Shot, Pizzaro and Wolf are different from the rest of his crew. Blackbeard cherry-picked Devil Fruits for the rest of his crew, but those four were chosen after they survived the Level 6 Impel Down Battle Royale. The rest of his crew is still getting used to their new powers, but the four of them were already established pirates and clearly capable of using their powers to their full (and lethal) extent.

Shiryu was also in Impel down. Don't recall if he was part of the melee or just brooded in a cell off to the side the whole time.

Wolf's whole deal is real weird. Guess he's just the upgraded df of that non-canon giant fruit who could shrink and enlarge people or something? It's clear he can massively alter his own size considering he has been pictured both towering over Marineford and asleep next to a building.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Blackbeard's Big Boy Burgers

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think some of the mirror matches are all but guaranteed to happen, because there are members of the bb pirates that no one else can handle. but it's not like these reprehensible villains are all going to line up and politely have 1v1 duels. they don't care about honor, fairness or pride.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Davy Back Fight.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Infinitum posted:

Cool cool. Good line up, but you're forgetting

Sanji will fight Shillew because he stole Sanji's chance at eating the Clear-Clear Fruit again

Sanji has his raid suit now which is basically the same thing so I think he doesn't care about this anymore.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
umm, Sanji trashed that poo poo. There was even a part where he wistfully said goodbye to woman’s bathhouses.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Last Celebration posted:

umm, Sanji trashed that poo poo. There was even a part where he wistfully said goodbye to woman’s bathhouses.

God drat it I forgot that happened

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Last Celebration posted:

Then Sanji was able to mimic the invisibility power anyways by just moving really really fast. But yeah I can still buy him fighting Shilew just because he's annoyed that he has the fruit.

Zoro's probably going to end up fighting Mihawk or an Admiral somehow around that time or something. Or maybe that secret 10th commander is relevant to him if it's not Kuzan. The final battle is likely to be messy and all.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

JuniperCake posted:

Then Sanji was able to mimic the invisibility power anyways by just moving really really fast.

It's probably pretty hard to take in a nice view while speeding around, though.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Whoever fights Vasco Shot will probably say something along the lines of "I can't believe I'm fighting Ussop's rival.."

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I don't want there to be 10 one on ones. I don't want to go on a boring adventure like that.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

No Wave posted:

I don't want there to be 10 one on ones. I don't want to go on a boring adventure like that.

I actually liked the 1v1s pre-timeskip in alabasta and enis lobby. They don't necessarily need to be perfect 1v1s, there cam be crossover and interaction between the various fighters, but nominally I think it works thematically to have the straw hats 1v1 defeat each member of the blackbeard Pirates, to show their growth and to crush Blackbeard's dreams definitively.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

No Wave posted:

Luffy is going to become King of the Pir-

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I think the format would most likely be Luffy, Zoro and Sanji get 1 on 1s, then there'd be like 3 combat rooms shared amongst the rest.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

before wano id say there needs to be 1v1s for each strawhat by the end, and while I still genuinely want that so we can have a sort of final progression state for all of them, I accept that we are on fast forward in the story so it may be groups vs groups with regards to the lower combat strength straw hats. Sanji and Zoro absolutely still get 1v1s

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Jesus vs Nami, Ussop and Chopper (who was just in a fight so he can't do monster point) would be really fun. Nami and Chopper scribbling on the floor trying to figure out how they can use their smarts to overcome his strength as he puts Ussop on the scorpion death lock.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Truthfully I am not currently pumped up for Blackbeard vs Luffy because we still dont know either of their motivations or why they'd even be in conflict. They still don't have anything to fight over! I can't see any meaning in their fighting at the moment.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

No Wave posted:

Truthfully I am not currently pumped up for Blackbeard vs Luffy because we still dont know either of their motivations or why they'd even be in conflict. They still don't have anything to fight over! I can't see any meaning in their fighting at the moment.

Clearly they're going to fight over the taste of cherry pie

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
The conflict is they both want to be pirate king and there can only be one pirate king.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

No Wave posted:

:confused:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Can Of Worms posted:

The conflict is they both want to be pirate king and there can only be one pirate king.

This, also potentially Hurting Luffy's friends/allies like kolby, pudding, etc

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

No Wave posted:

Spoilers reader vs waiting for official release

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
luffy wanted to scrap with blackbeard because hes the one that gave ace to the WG

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope

No Wave posted:

Blackbeard is one of two people Luffy can unquestionably have a personal grudge with since he is responsible for getting Ace captured. Jimbei already had to talk Luffy down from fighting Blackbeard in Impel Down since trying to save Ace at the time was the bigger priority. As for Blackbeard wanting to fight Luffy, Im sure it can potentially go deeper if there is any connection with the Rocks or the significance of them both being D's but even now with present motivation Blackbeard clearly has ambitions getting the One Piece and has no problem trying to eliminate those that don't comply with him, which Luffy no doubt would.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
The fact that we seem to be getting 1v1 matchups between the Strawhats/Blackbeard Pirates suggests that we'll have solo fights. I could see them being the final major fights for most of the cast (especially the weaker members of the crew), and if it's near the end of the series, then I wouldn't mind all of the Strawhats getting one last cool solo matchup, where they get to use all of the power-ups and special moves they have acquired throughout the series.

It would probably be time-consuming in terms of actual chapters of the series, but if it's the end of the manga, everyone deserves one last moment in the spotlight. By that point, we'll probably all be too sad about the impending finale of One Piece to worry too much about pacing. After all, the last eternal Oda break is all that awaits us afterward... (or, the Void Century as it will come to be known by the fans)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
They're gonna fight because BB is about to smoke Garp to establish the stakes and further delineate the changing of the guard with the defeat of the Navy's great hero.