Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I'm only one episode in to Dimension 404 on Hulu, but the movie theater ushers have suit jacket/hoodie combos and I'll be needing one. The first episode was good, but had no jacket hoodies.

e ok I always do this but I'm on the third episode and I declare it a Good Show

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Apr 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Iirc dimension 404 was good but extremely uneven

Wait never mind I'm thinking of room 104 lol

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I just realized it's old, it's only been suggested to me for the last couple days

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
First trailer for Ahsoka, due out in August on Disney Plus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnzNZ0Mdx4I

First looks of several returning Rebels characters seen in live action for the first time, including Grand Admiral Thrawn

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Beef, an A24 show on Netflix starring Steve Yeun and Ali Wong, is pretty decent as of one episode. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Beef, an A24 show on Netflix starring Steve Yeun and Ali Wong, is pretty decent as of one episode. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Oh drat it's a show? Thought that was a movie.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Nihonniboku posted:

First looks of several returning Rebels characters seen in live action for the first time, including Grand Admiral Thrawn

The Rebels sequel should have been animated and I will go to my grave salty about that.

Absolute coward poo poo making this live-action.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Stars wars fans mad about Star Wars???

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

BonoMan posted:

It's a show yeah. I would've preferred a movie because TV sucks and movies are great but I'll take what I can get.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
oh neat another star war

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

A MIRACLE posted:

Stars wars fans mad about Star Wars???

It never stops. It's exhausting.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Field Mousepad posted:

It never stops. It's exhausting.

:jerkbag:

I’m not mad about a star war, I’m mad about Disney in particular continuing to do live action versions of poo poo instead of animation.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Nihonniboku posted:

This looks more like S3 Mando than Andor which is unfortunate.

BonoMan posted:

It's a 30 min episode show which it has going for it.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

andor is probably going to be an outlier , i wouldn't expect most of their shows to be good like that. if only HBO had the star wars license...

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

It would have it's second season shortened then replaced with Hot Wives of Niamos

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

A MIRACLE posted:

andor is probably going to be an outlier , i wouldn't expect most of their shows to be good like that. if only HBO had the star wars license...

... then they could make it like Westworld or Game of Thrones?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah Andor strikes me as a rare gem. The rest of the Star Wars TV stuff I just ignore other than Mandalorian, which is also really low priority for me at this point. I'll get around to season 3 eventually. Really I just watch mando because of all the shameless original trilogy fan service. It's not a good show but it's fun. The rest of this stuff, where they're dipping into the prequels and cartoons I couldn't care less about.

Andor being a thing that is actually good with or without the Star Wars isn't something I'd hold my breath for in hopes of seeing again.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Nihonniboku posted:

There's probably a clever joke here to be made about the soundtrack being Ashokan Farewell. I'll think of it eventually.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I watched 80 For Brady out of extremely morbid curiosity and just holy crap. Who enjoys watching people so old they can barely get their lines out. Jesus

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

People that are so old they can barely get off the couch to poop

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I remember Saturday Night Live calling 80 for Brady "a movie for your mom that your mom will hate," and that's about as much of the movie I know.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

precision posted:

I watched 80 For Brady out of extremely morbid curiosity and just holy crap. Who enjoys watching people so old they can barely get their lines out. Jesus

It's definitely not for me, but it has a very specific demographic. My mom who grew up watching all those ladies in the 60s reported to me last night that she loved it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Nihonniboku posted:

It's definitely not for me, but it has a very specific demographic. My mom who grew up watching all those ladies in the 60s reported to me last night that she loved it.

It seems like it would just be sad. I don't enjoy watching my favorite actors die in real time lol

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

pseudorandom name posted:

... then they could make it like Westworld or Game of Thrones?

I mean, then at least we could get 1-3 baller seasons out of it before the inevitable decline, rather than the current standard of 0-1 decent seasons. :thunk:

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Nihonniboku posted:

I haven't watched much recent star wars stuff but the SFX in this trailer look like garbage?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Upsidads posted:

The Night Agent is written by hacks
First episode ending made me wince in pain with the ruse

man I wish Shawn Ryan still made great television

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

distortion park posted:

I haven't watched much recent star wars stuff but the SFX in this trailer look like garbage?

Basically all Disney+ CG is trash.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Garbage isn't what it used to be this looked fine to me

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Disney's always been kinda stingy if something isn't an absolute A+ priority for them.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

It's not helping that Disney shows barely seem to have any good cinematographers left. There are so many completely unmotivated wide shots in flat light in a CGI environment, which of course only draws attention to any sub-par effects. It feels especially noticeable in Mandalorian, where the first season generally looked really good and stylish, while some of the more recent episodes often kinda look like cheapass TV ads.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah with D+ stuff you just gotta set your expectations low from an effects standpoint (and, really, every standpoint). They're not giving them feature film budgets, or if they are, they're stretching that out over way more shots. For what it is—a live-action cartoon—it looks totally fine. It's just a bit disappointing that the final season of Clone Wars looks so much better than its live-action sequel.

It definitely doesn't look like a AAA feature film. But it looks miles better than the Obi-Wan effects.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

precision posted:

It seems like it would just be sad. I don't enjoy watching my favorite actors die in real time lol

The new season of Frasier is coming soon!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
And you can follow it up with the new Indiana Jones movie and the final season of Picard!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Inspector Hound posted:

The new season of Frasier is coming soon!

Are you fuckin kidding me

David Hyde piece isn't that old is he?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

precision posted:

Are you fuckin kidding me

David Hyde piece isn't that old is he?

He's 64. The only returning characters are Frasier, Lillith, and their son Freddie, who has been recast with a new actor, even though the original actor, Trevor Einhorn, is still in the industry

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Wut noooooo

I watched Hyde pierce in the Julia child series, he’s still really good obv

Why would you make frasier without Niles. How are they going to have a tet a tet

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

A MIRACLE posted:

Wut noooooo

I watched Hyde pierce in the Julia child series, he’s still really good obv

Why would you make frasier without Niles. How are they going to have a tet a tet

Probably because Kelsey Grammar has gone full blown trump blow hard, and mostly just makes media these days criticizing liberals and praising conservatives. I imagine the rest of the cast probably doesn't want anything to do with him. Of the original cast, Kelsey was actually the only straight man in the cast. Niles, Marty, and even Bulldog were all played by gay actors.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Finally getting around to watching Clerks 3 and I cannot stop staring at Jay's teeth.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Movies and characters created between 1970 and 2000 will confuse the poo poo out of archaeologists trying to figure out our religions

"Frasier, lesser demigod to Martin, Father of Captain America,"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rental Sting
Aug 14, 2013

it is not the first time I have been racist in the name of my own mistake and sadly probably not the last

precision posted:

I think incredibly old people deserve movies geared towards them, too. Jane Fonda is a legend, give her respect dammit.