Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i love this idiot.

he sucks

it rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Patware posted:

i love this idiot.

he sucks

it rules

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Stop trying to make me feel bad for this loser, manga.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I can't believe it's already chapter 99, time really flies when you're reading a rad manga.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Scallop Eyes posted:

I can't believe it's already chapter 99, time really flies when you're reading a rad manga.

Goddamn, you're right. What a wild ride it's been so far, though. Looking forward to seeing what Yukinobu Tatsu has in mind for 100.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
As expected, Kinta is the worst character in the manga because he just like me, he just like me fr

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
awwww, the idiot chuuni gets to be a hero. maybe.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
He does the Akira skid right into Momo/Jiji/Aira/Shrimp, taking them all the gently caress out

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

SexyBlindfold posted:

As expected, Kinta is the worst character in the manga because he just like me, he just like me fr

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?
Getting whiplash from these chapters.

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019
Best say pysche right now I stg

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1015967

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Apparently Dandadan isn't on the Shonen Jump app. Weird!

As per usual, the chapter was great. Huge downer chapter, though. Vamola doesn't deserve this. :(

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
It’s too highly rated because of its content (re: the first chapter) to be on the app because of mobile store guidelines or something, but as long as you have a Jump subscription you can still read the whole thing there.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Last Celebration posted:

It’s too highly rated because of its content (re: the first chapter) to be on the app because of mobile store guidelines or something, but as long as you have a Jump subscription you can still read the whole thing there.

Yeah, I usually read the chapter on the Viz website when it goes up, so it was pretty surprising that the app didn't have it. I guess I can see the logic though, that first chapter is...that first chapter.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1015978

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Grandmas are badass

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
Too many battle grannies in this manga or not enough?

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Yukinobu knows the power of the abuela

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

oh my goooooooooooooooood :allears:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

That granny has powerful roboco face

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Small government bad

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
They were libertaliens

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Centzon Totochtin posted:

right now its the perfect amount of battle grannies

but if there are more battle grannies, now THAT is the perfect amount

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Ok, alien sumerian soldier grannies, espousing about folly of small goverments slayed me. How the hell does just throwing in random bullshit work so well? :allears:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I mean, in this case I'm pretty sure by "small government" it means "weak military" - I don't think it's intended in the same way libertarians in the US talk about small government. If anything, the implication might be a relatively right-wing one, given the political topic of developing an actual military in Japan (I usually deliberately avoid looking into this stuff with manga because you usually won't like what you find out).

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Old wolf and cub

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Powerful Sumerian grandmas...this manga loving rules.

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

oh my goooooooooooooooood :allears:

It rules so goddamn much.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I mean, in this case I'm pretty sure by "small government" it means "weak military" - I don't think it's intended in the same way libertarians in the US talk about small government. If anything, the implication might be a relatively right-wing one, given the political topic of developing an actual military in Japan (I usually deliberately avoid looking into this stuff with manga because you usually won't like what you find out).

Given sumerian granny says all the men up and got themselves killed and the whole thing stemmed from the dogmatic belief that Gojira would save the people. This is probably the more accurate read. I'm also unable to view the spread of the Ziggurat as anything other than a nod to AvP but there's also the all-seeing eye floating above it.

Centzon Totochtin posted:

There aren't enough so keep the the dandadan train rolling.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Incredible chapter. RIP to ancient Sumer but modern Japan is built different.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Ytlaya posted:

It's this, unfortunately. Battle Granny is basically a Japanese right winger talking point echoing through fantastical metaphor. Not the first time Dandadan has kinda flirted with right wing poo poo, but it's unclear at this point how much authorial endorsement battle granny's world view has

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Makes sense why Vamola was on Earth looking for a battle boyfriend though.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1015953

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

This chapter sure went to some dark places.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
No Country for Big Mamas

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

This comic rules so much.

Ethiser posted:

This chapter sure went to some dark places.

Dandadan's been lowkey pretty dark for a while now. There's a lot of levity, but ever since the current arc villains first showed up it's just been a lot of really bad poo poo happening to the protagonists.

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019
Vamola's suit is totally gonna be made from Banga, isn't it

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

"Even the enemy can't wipeout 3000 Sumerians in the blink of an eye."

lol. lmao.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

King of Solomon posted:

Dandadan's been lowkey pretty dark for a while now. There's a lot of levity, but ever since the current arc villains first showed up it's just been a lot of really bad poo poo happening to the protagonists.

It's been like that from the beginning. The story of Acrobatic Silky is heart-wrenching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

"Even the enemy can't wipeout 3000 Sumerians in the blink of an eye."

lol. lmao.

It was an obvious gut punch but it still hurts.