Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

how is this manga real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
the phrase "I found you" generally elicits one of two reactions:

A. holy poo poo thank you

B. o fuk, O FUK

do hell denizens really care about Asa or do they simply want War?

I assume the person giving blood to Denji is Yoshida. we have lost the thread on what's going on with Devil Hunter Club kid tho

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

RuBisCO posted:

Please.

Ex-potential girlfriend. They never got that far.

from Denji's pov she was hitting on him hard. she dove in for a kiss last time they hung out

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

drat. Falling devil caused me mental damage this chapter.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Don't have to confront your mental trauma if you don't have a brain! One weird trick to avoid counseling! Therapists hate him!

I wonder who gave Denji blood just now, probably Yoshida? But then why not just show his face? Is it actually some other guy stalking Chainsaw Man? The Devil Hunting club president? Male Kobeni?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

from Denji's pov she was hitting on him hard. she dove in for a kiss last time they hung out

His memory wasn't changed by Nayuta so he knows whats up which is why he refers to her as an ex-potential GF, he knows he can't date her cause of Nayuta's objections (for now anyway) plus knowing that she would think he rejected her by ditching.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

The Notorious ZSB posted:

His memory wasn't changed by Nayuta so he knows whats up which is why he refers to her as an ex-potential GF, he knows he can't date her cause of Nayuta's objections (for now anyway) plus knowing that she would think he rejected her by ditching.

oh for sure

this is going to get awkward when Denji and Asa legit start having a thing happen then Power shows up

because Power will swoon Asa :devil:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I don’t think it was Yoshida who gave him the blood. Given Yoshida’s (vaguely defined) motivations, he’d probably be more than happy to just have Falling take Asa to hell and then gently caress off.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I assume the person giving blood to Denji is Yoshida. we have lost the thread on what's going on with Devil Hunter Club kid tho

if it was Yoshida there's very little reason to hide it as some sort of big reveal, it's more than likely one of the Devil Hunter Club homies or someone new entirely

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

symbolic posted:

if it was Yoshida there's very little reason to hide it as some sort of big reveal, it's more than likely one of the Devil Hunter Club homies or someone new entirely

we were shown dark slacks and what looks to be sneakers of some sort. so my natural inclination is that it's someone younger

I want something to happen with that group because they've basically just existed as fodder up to this point

wait didn't one of the devil hunter club dummies use a sword?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

If power comes back let her come back as her self even though we were told she couldn't/wouldn't, it would be funnier.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Denji.

DENJI

NO

BAD DENJI

YOU NEED THAT

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I wish I could do the same Denji did here in my everyday life. What an example.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

So what do we think:

Denji and Asa go to Hell Arc

or

Denji and Asa will they won't they on earth arc

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Oh my god, he's lost his mind. No, not just lost: he tossed that poo poo away on purpose.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
my man literally just cutting out his trauma

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Haha didn't see that defense coming

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

symbolic posted:

See, that's what I thought at first too, but after mulling it over I realized showing up out of nowhere and being cryptic for no reason is kind of Yoshida's whole brand. Him arriving at the perfect moment to give Chainsaw Man blood while the comic mysteriously keeps his face hidden is just a meta example of the same bullshit he's been pulling all along. Dude just loves lurking in the background then randomly jumping out to do something extremely plot relevant like fight a big bad or save the main characters life then immediately vanishing.

So, yeah, my guess at this point is that it was Yoshida because it really feels like there was no reason to hide that it was Yoshida which is an extremely Yoshida move based on how he's been shown to operate in the comic so far.

Either that or it's the triumphant return of Kobeni.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

denji is one creative bastard.

CORN DOG!

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

OnimaruXLR posted:

Translation note: In Japan corn dogs are literally called "American Dogs" so the idea of an French American dog is extra funny

Somehow, Franco-American dogs are also Italian.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

See, that's what I thought at first too, but after mulling it over I realized showing up out of nowhere and being cryptic for no reason is kind of Yoshida's whole brand. Him arriving at the perfect moment to give Chainsaw Man blood while the comic mysteriously keeps his face hidden is just a meta example of the same bullshit he's been pulling all along. Dude just loves lurking in the background then randomly jumping out to do something extremely plot relevant like fight a big bad or save the main characters life then immediately vanishing.

So, yeah, my guess at this point is that it was Yoshida because it really feels like there was no reason to hide that it was Yoshida which is an extremely Yoshida move based on how he's been shown to operate in the comic so far.

What about the fake chainsaw man? Maybe if a primal fear starts fearing chainsaw man that might have a greater effect than just every other demon being scared of Chainsaw Man.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

This is Denji's best plan since Doll Devil.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
Falling: Nooooooo, you cant just lobotomise yourself to remove your trauma

Denji: Hahahaha, chainsaw goes bdroomdroomdrooomdrooom.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

A continuous theme of brain damage

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I don't think Fight Club exists in this universe, so I award Denji the Tyler Durden Award for Solution Focused Head Trauma.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i detest ugliness.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

Donkringel posted:

I don't think Fight Club exists in this universe, so I award Denji the Tyler Durden Award for Solution Focused Head Trauma.

Assuming it's not too long after part 1, and ignoring any other possible divergences, the book is out but not the movie

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

That still doesn't make any sense from a narrative standpoint. The obvious answer being the obvious answer isn't a good reveal.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Jerkface posted:

So what do we think:

Denji and Asa go to Hell Arc

or

Denji and Asa will they won't they on earth arc

falling devil cooking arc hopefully

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

showing up out of nowhere and being cryptic has always been accompanied by knowing it was him rather immediately, dunno why that'd suddenly change now

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

denji continuing to innovate in the field of "practical combat applications for immortality"

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
That was exactly what I expected Denji to do, such a good and consistent character.

When he got healed by mystery person, we could see Chainsawman's eye lighting up, did that ever happen before?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Did Falling devil let herself get eaten and then regenerate inside Denji? If so then I really don’t understand how his “erasing concepts by eating them” power works. Does he need to digest the devil? Is it a conscious ability? Or maybe it just doesn’t work on Primordial devils because they’re too deep in the mind of humans
Also I guess higher tier devils can just regenerate more before needing to drink blood because Falling devil has probably taken more damage than Denji but is still effortlessly regenerating

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

RatHat posted:

Did Falling devil let herself get eaten and then regenerate inside Denji? If so then I really don’t understand how his “erasing concepts by eating them” power works. Does he need to digest the devil? Is it a conscious ability? Or maybe it just doesn’t work on Primordial devils because they’re too deep in the mind of humans
Also I guess higher tier devils can just regenerate more before needing to drink blood because Falling devil has probably taken more damage than Denji but is still effortlessly regenerating

It's most likely a Pochita ability and Denji just doesn't have it.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

RatHat posted:

Denji had to contain Makima in some fashion (I forget how, Power's blood?) and then eat her body piece by piece for it to work. He ate Falling Devil's legs but she regenerated from inside his stomach to reconnect to her upper half.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

RatHat posted:

I've read it as that's Pochita's power, Denji doesn't do it. At the end of the first arc Makima is upset that Denji is 'Denji' instead of Chainsaw man even when he's covered in chainsaws.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

RatHat posted:

eating devils and erasing concepts was pochita's thing. when denji ate makima, he was simply killing her in a way she couldn't regenerate from. he was not trying to erase her concept because he didn't know that was a thing. perhaps killing her that way wouldn't have worked if she had not been so thoroughly incapacitated at the time. and despite her resemblance to makima, we don't know how nayuta ended up with denji or really what is up with her at all. so even with nayuta being around it was unclear if denji, who shares pochita's power and nature, could erase concepts. now it is clear he cannot.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

I always considered eating Makima and her not regenerating via her contract to be tangentially related to the "erases concepts" things

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it was probably deliberately ambiguous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
its probably something more specific or deliberate than just 'putting thing in mouth'. the ability will be in play in the manga's story because obviously its gotta be because its so crazy.