Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: symbolic)

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Lessail posted:

my proposal was at least two more threads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

God drat Oshi no Ko was good.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
time to explosion ep2

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i will be continuing to watch oshi no ko

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Irony Be My Shield posted:

God drat Oshi no Ko was good.

yeah no kidding, that was amazing :stare:

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Sorry I’m late but

More like

Blunder Egg Priority

marumaru
May 20, 2013

galagazombie posted:

Blunder Egg Priority

:golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wonder Egg Wrong Priorities

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Working backwards here.

Dexo has made a thread for the Oshi no Ko anime :toot:

quote:

:siren:Oshi No Ko
Doga Kobo | Daisuke Hiramaki | Jin Tanaka | Drama, Supernatural | Manga | Apr 12, 2023
Sixteen-year-old Ai Hoshino is a talented and beautiful idol who is adored by her fans. She is the personification of a pure, young maiden. But all that glitters is not gold. Gorou Amemiya is a countryside gynecologist and a big fan of Ai. So when the pregnant idol shows up at his hospital, he is beyond bewildered. Gorou promises her a safe delivery. Little does he know, an encounter with a mysterious figure would result in his untimely death—or so he thought. Opening his eyes in the lap of his beloved idol, Gorou finds that he has been reborn as Aquamarine Hoshino—Ai's newborn son! With his world turned upside down, Gorou soon learns that the world of showbiz is paved with thorns, where talent does not always beget success. Will he manage to protect Ai's smile that he loves so much with the help of an eccentric and unexpected ally?
PV1 PV2
Thread

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

Wonder Egg Wrong Priorities

wronger egg priorities*

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
There's a Hell's Paradise thread too! :toot:

quote:

:siren:Jigokuraku (Hell's Paradise)
Mappa | Kaori Makita | Akira Kindaichi | Action, Fantasy | Manga | Apr 1, 2023
Gabimaru the Hollow, a ninja of Iwagakure Village known for being cold and emotionless, was set up by his fellow ninja and is now on death row. Tired of killing and betrayal, he wants to die. However, no method of execution works on him because as much as the seemingly apathetic Gabimaru refuses to admit it, he does have a reason to live. He wants to return to his wife, who was the reason why he softened up and failed to be an effective assassin. Thus, he refuses to die. Asaemon the Decapitator, a famous executioner, sees this and has a proposal for the ninja. He wants Gabimaru to join an expedition to an island south of Japan in search of the elixir of life in exchange for a full pardon by the Shogunate. However, this island isn't a normal island: it's believed to be Paradise. However the island is full of mysteries, and the exploring team—consisting of those marked for death—might not be fully prepared to handle them.
PV
Thread

marumaru
May 20, 2013

the high res images from the site

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
And now you can choose to be a Skip or a Loafer.

quote:

:siren:Skip to Loafer (Skip and Loafer)
P.A. Works | Kotomi Deai | Kotomi Deai | Comedy, Drama, Romance, Slice of Life | Manga | Apr 4, 2023
Excellent student Iwakura Mitsumi has always dreamt about leaving her small town, going to a prestigious university, and making positive change in the world. But she's so focused on reaching her goals that she's not prepared for the very different (and overwhelming) city life that awaits her in a Tokyo high school. Luckily, she makes fast friends with Shima Sousuke, a handsome classmate who's as laid-back as she is over-prepared. Can this naive country girl make it big in Tokyo with Sousuke by her side?
PV
Thread 1 (Skip) Thread 2 (Loafer)

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

marumaru posted:

the high res images from the site

What a cheery bunch with bright colors. I bet this series is a light fluffy romp with little drama or dark backstory.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Nitrousoxide posted:

What a cheery bunch with bright colors. I bet this series is a light fluffy romp with little drama or dark backstory.

the twins do get onto some very silly hijinks and adventures! there's also cutesy romance and school drama

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Yeah yeah we know it has murder from reading the synopsis.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
reading the synopsis for the Dangers in my Heart one totally mislead me on what kind of series it was.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The Marginal Service is certainly an anime. The animation is already degrading in episode one

The plot is a bit like MIB and riddled with cop cliches (like the MC being a reckless hot shot with loads of complaints and apology letters, but has numerous accolades for his arrests). There also seems to be a subtheme of immigration maybe? It seemed fairly prominent in the first episode but it may just be weird set dressing. It's definitely a bit confused and only interesting because it makes you wonder wtf the show is supposed to be about.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

my secret shame is i read anime feminist reviews. the insomniacs after school review brings up the manic pixie dream girl trope in the year 2023

i'm gonna maybe try the insomniac show and yamada and clueless first friend. i think those and skiploaf are my to-watch (i've already watched skiploaf ep 1). it's a good season for the gentle comedies!!!

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 13, 2023

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

bokuyabai is good cringe comedy

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

ninjewtsu posted:

ok but what is the most important anime of our time

Tonkatsu DJ Agetaro

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

my secret shame is i read anime feminist reviews. the insomniacs after school review brings up the manic pixie dream girl trope in the year 2023
i knew anime feminist were morons when they referred to tales of zestiria as 'an adaptation of a jrpg that, as usual, excludes women from the audience'

pictured: tales of zestiria

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Endorph posted:

i knew anime feminist were morons when they referred to tales of zestiria as 'an adaptation of a jrpg that, as usual, excludes women from the audience'

lol

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
The characters in Tales of Zestiria love excluding women but that's unrelated.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sorey especially loves excluding women

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
i would not have enjoyed oshi no ko if the first episode was 22 minutes long. very happy they were able to get away with a triple length opener because all of the stuff from ai's perspective + the ending is great.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they aired it in theaters so it was basically free money off of ticket sales. the manga's very popular and won a lot of polls for 'manga you most want an anime of' and such so i imagine it was a marketing decision, but it also works very well with the material.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ninjewtsu posted:

ok but what is the most important anime of our time

honestly i think in terms of cultural impact plus quality (at least initially), BNHA

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, it was like The big shonen of this generation.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Endorph posted:

i read this paragraph about loving yamada at lv999 and wondered how brain get to this point, where pretty basic shoujo concepts are seen in such contempt

quote:

Downsides first: the writing around Yamada’s character makes me a little preemptively exhausted. He’s blunt to the point of kind of being a dick in average interactions, and I was getting more and more anxious that this would be a case of a het romance where the female lead has to do all the emotional labor and then we’re all supposed to be overjoyed when the male lead manages to fart out a whole sentence of affection. What saved the burgeoning dynamic for me is that when Akane shows overtly visible hurt, like crying or getting scraped up, Yamada is proactively concerned about her. It tips him a lot closer to “autistic-coded and can’t understand conversational cues” rather than “brusque dirtbag.”

but i guess when you're paid to write multi-paragraph reviews of first episodes of anime with the expectation that you're going to talk Progressively, you can't just -watch- something, your Problematic Scanner has to be powered on at all times

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Endorph posted:

they aired it in theaters so it was basically free money off of ticket sales. the manga's very popular and won a lot of polls for 'manga you most want an anime of' and such so i imagine it was a marketing decision, but it also works very well with the material.

the marketing team probably realized the Anime Directly to Readers Worldwide > Spring Season 2023 thread on Something Awful would be insufferable for weeks if the first episode ended with reincarnated baby boob jokes, and i thank them for helping us out.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there's a lot of people who just read, literally all media like that, and it seems like an exhausting way to live

also shout out to their citrus review where they referred to the cast as having 'blowjob knees.' normal thing to say

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Big Leg posted:

the marketing team probably realized the Anime Directly to Readers Worldwide > Spring Season 2023 thread on Something Awful would be insufferable for weeks if the first episode ended with reincarnated baby boob jokes, and i thank them for helping us out.
this

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Anifem should be treated like the reverse Cramer index.

But also lol at jumping to "he must be mildly autistic" rather than just like, a guy who doesn't have a lot of social graces which is not terribly uncommon. Presumably the review also notices how awfully she behaves and that that would weird anyone out, but I shan't be reading it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, it was like The big shonen of this generation.

BNHA is new Naruto, which means it is second in importance to new Dragonball.

Which is of course still Dragonball.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
i like yamada 999 because their stupid-rear end game avatars look cute and the game to irl ratio is optimal. i'm not particularly wow'd by it otherwise but it seems like decent fluff

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
There's a kind of mentality where someone is so paranoid about something possibly appealing to Cishet Men that it loops back into this contemptuousness toward, like, women.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

SyntheticPolygon posted:

BNHA is new Naruto, which means it is second in importance to new Dragonball.

Which is of course still Dragonball.

Much like how dragonball is still dragonball, naruto is still naruto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

No, nobody cares about Boruto.