Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

mike duncan sucks, how did so many of you listen to him? lmfao

i did not. but i'm also like 10 episodes behind on chapo for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Stavvy World Halkias Brothers ep ftmfw

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

just remembered the halkias art show podcast they did on twitch talking about big titties in antiquity paintings. yet another thing that stav just forgot about and gave up

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i think my favorite cum town bit is the extended interview with eric clapton

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

KomradeX posted:

Whose worse Mike Duncan or Dan Carlin?

Carlin's politics suck but his podcasts are more fun to listen to.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

mcmagic posted:

I hate to have to agree with you here

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

mcmagic posted:

The mystique of those five-hour episodes has worn off quite a bit since I first listened to Hardcore History in 2011. Kinda feels like the game has passed Carlin by, or at least the space has become a lot more crowded while his approach to podcasting has remained virtually unchanged all this time (granted you could apply this criticism to lots of podcasters, including Duncan lol)

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I’m Dan Carlin and this is hard r history.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

ive gotten way behind on radio war nerd and havde slowly been working my way through the backlog, joshua landis is such a great guest

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

lobster shirt posted:

ive gotten way behind on radio war nerd and havde slowly been working my way through the backlog, joshua landis is such a great guest

Condolences on the star, you deserve better

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

C-Euro posted:

Kinda feels like the game has passed Carlin by

i always liked common sense more because of his constitution worshipping radical-centrist take on the news. trump winning just shattered him and he pretty much quit the show lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I’m Dan Carlin and this is hard r history.
a hard r history show where it's like nick explaining movie plots in a forrest gump voice but history to stav would be great

i guess that's what the dollop is

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
why did mike duncan get turned on so hard? revisionism?

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
if you want a rambling podcast that is very long I recommend Judge Movies. [url=]https://www.patreon.com/judgemovies/posts[/url] all of his Kubrick episodes are free and the pods are so longer than the film. it’s a new pod and he’s finding his footing but he has some great insights. like, just listen to the eyes wide shut episode. it’s already been covered by Chapo, by death is just around the corner, but dude still finds some absolute screaming hints to the true thesis of the film (what is at the end of the rainbow).

edit: I don’t know how to fix this lol

fr0id has issued a correction as of 04:03 on Apr 14, 2023

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

err posted:

why did mike duncan get turned on so hard? revisionism?

His Revolutions series is mostly kinda okay, but halfway through Russia he just interprets everything the Bolsheviks do in the worst possible light

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

his takes on revolutions are so bad i think i got maybe a third of the way into the french rev before i tapped out.

but people carried water for him saying he got good with Haiti

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Popy posted:

his takes on revolutions are so bad i think i got maybe a third of the way into the french rev before i tapped out.

but people carried water for him saying he got good with Haiti

And I think people pointed out he reads like one book for the series and they're written by liberal historians and the Haitian one was the only one where he read a book by a Marxist

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Xaris posted:

lore is this is why he quit cumtown and doesn't talk to nick because he kept teling him hes gonna die of being too fat

If that was too fat to live, Wisconsin would be entirely depopulated

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

brace and yung chomsky got interviewed by the falun gong after watching shen yun lmao

https://twitter.com/HealthGothRvivl/status/1646718492790657025

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

yellowcar posted:

brace and yung chomsky got interviewed by the falun gong after watching shen yun lmao

Lmao I thought that was just a bit to close the episode that’s hilarious

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

AnimeIsTrash posted:

mike duncan sucks, how did so many of you listen to him? lmfao

Did you ever fall into a wikipedia hole? It's like that, but you can do chores.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

yellowcar posted:

Pretty good ep. Part 2 going to be about the history/connections.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

yellowcar posted:

oh LOL lmao
软件公司CEO赞神韵叹为观止 让人内心充满希望

m.ntdtv.com posted:

[New Tang Dynasty, April 9, 2023 Beijing time] Rachel Jake is the CEO of a software development company. On the afternoon of April 8, he took Steven Goldberg, a senior software engineer of the company. After watching the third performance of the Shen Yun Global Art Troupe at the David Coker Theatre in Lincoln Center in New York, Jack said that after watching the performance, he was encouraged and full of hope.
Rachel Jake, CEO of the software development company: "I feel encouraged and full of hope. Shen Yun dancers have such superb tossing skills, and they are so dedicated to traditional Chinese culture. I'm asking myself, how many things have I missed in my life, and can I still work hard for it?
CEO Rachel Jake: "I had an incredible time. This is a wonderful performance. The dance skills are amazing, and the music and lyrics are really extraordinary.

On the afternoon of April 8, 2023, Rachel Jake, CEO of a software development company, watched the fourth performance of Shen Yun Global Art Troupe at the David Coker Theatre in Lincoln Center, New York City. New Tangren TV Station)
The exquisite skills of Shen Yun dancers made Jake feel incredible and amazing.
CEO Rachel Jake: "The dancers are incredible. Oh, my God, I don't know how they (dancers) can complete those movements. I don't want to call it a stunt, but the dance is really amazing!"
CEO Rachel Jake: "We should revive all traditional cultures. I think the revival of traditional Chinese culture will definitely get a "heart boost" from Shen Yun.
CEO Rachel Jake: "I think you did a great job. I hope to watch it again. I can't believe that Shen Yun produces a brand-new program every year. I will come again next year."
Steven Goldberg, a senior software engineer of Jake's company, praised Shen Yun's symphony orchestra and thanked Shen Yun for bringing him such an unexpected surprise.

On the afternoon of April 8, 2023, Steven Goldberg, a senior software engineer, watched the fourth performance of the Shen Yun Global Art Troupe at the David Coker Theatre in Lincoln Center, New York City. New Tangren TV Station)
Steven Goldberg, a senior software engineer, said: "I didn't know what to expect when I entered the theater, and the result surprised me. The performance is very energetic and colorful. I'm a musician myself, so I'm intoxicated with it. I always like to watch live symphonies. It's very interesting, and there are many surprises, because I really didn't know what kind of performance it would be before.
Steven Goldberg: "That's great. Live symphony always makes the performance more special, compared with those recorded in advance. The music sounds great, beautiful and full of vitality. It's really pleasant to watch this performance.
(For more information, please click Shen Yun's official website for booking information)
New Tang Dynasty TV reporters Li Xin and Song Shenghua interview and report in New York

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

yellowcar posted:

holy gently caress lol

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
lol

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

love stav going serious and edifying mode when it's about putting on weight

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

rachel jake, lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Thank you, Rachel

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
also yung chomsky looks like Pablo from Ash Vs Evil Dead

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Hooplah posted:

rachel jake, lol

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Steven Goldberg lmao

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Hooplah posted:

rachel jake, lol

CEO rachel jake

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

i say swears online posted:

i always liked common sense more because of his constitution worshipping radical-centrist take on the news. trump winning just shattered him and he pretty much quit the show lol

Common Sense, RIP to a real one. He did a couple of eps during/after the Trump presidency and they were rugged.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

CEO rachel jake

Venerable Baby

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Shen Yun Truanon pod was good

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Hooplah posted:

rachel jake, lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Hooplah posted:

rachel jake, lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

almost as good as adam on i24

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

C-Euro posted:

Common Sense, RIP to a real one. He did a couple of eps during/after the Trump presidency and they were rugged.

trump irretrievably broke the brains of many people, much like 9/11 did to a whole bunch of comedians and actors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

New chapo just dropped 723 - The Pentagon Discords
https://soundcloud.com/redditingmanic/723-the-pentagon-discords-41423