Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: symbolic)

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
quality edutainment
https://twitter.com/interfior/status/1645600957936422913

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Caphi posted:

Pouring one out for the translator who was contractually obligated to sub breathless crypto propaganda.
and the va who was obligated to say it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i can't think of a better pairing of irrelevant and fading trends than NFTs and Kizuna Ai

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Endorph posted:

and the va who was obligated to say it

And the graphic designers who had to make those slides with the cutesy aesthetic and colors for techbro talking points.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
like once a year for the past several years: "youll never guess which vtuber just got into crypto!!"

you'll actually be surprised but, i have a good guess,

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

To draw this back to the thread, it's kizuna ai isn't it? I'd heard her new show was an ad for NFTs.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
the real treasure was the NFTs we made along the way

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Kwyndig posted:

To draw this back to the thread, it's kizuna ai isn't it? I'd heard her new show was an ad for NFTs.

You know, I’d also heard that!

From this thread.

On this page.

Literally 5 posts up from yours.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I don't read posted tweets.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Kwyndig posted:

My mistake, it’s a whole eight posts before yours then.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Kwyndig posted:

cool

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Kwyndig posted:

if you did so you would have avoided this shame. fool. [leans forward and honks your big red nose]

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Mashle delivers this week.
I was afraid the deadpan would wear thin but nope.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

watched skip & loafer ep 2 and clueless first friend ep 1. both were good (although CFF is a lot more empty calories)

i can't think of a recent season with so many decent romcoms all in one season, between S&L, CFF, Dangers in our Hearts, Galaxy Next Door, and Lv999. it is a feast

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Don't forget Insomniacs After School!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/dramata1/status/1647788969126506497

*goes to rewatch the scene* Oh Kuroda you so crazy

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Turin Turambar posted:

Does it go... anywhere character or story wise in the manga?
where does the anime end? Because the manga certainly does go places. I'd love to see some of the most recent stuff animated, but yeah, depending on where the anime stops, there's probably not enough for a second season for quite a while.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Ibblebibble posted:

Don't forget Insomniacs After School!

considering changing my av to the dancing guitar sunflower. this show is delightful.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
How long does it usually take for an anime to go from getting green lit to airing? Cause this kizuna ai nft thing feels like something that got greenlit juuuuust before the bottom fell out and the whole market for the rotten things died.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

galagazombie posted:

How long does it usually take for an anime to go from getting green lit to airing? Cause this kizuna ai nft thing feels like something that got greenlit juuuuust before the bottom fell out and the whole market for the rotten things died.
it depends on a lot of things. if you're starting from the second someone rubber stamps it, probably 1-2 years. so, yeah, that tracks. (itd also mean itcould have been greenlit while anyone on earth cared about kizuna ai)

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Japan is behind the curve when it comes to NFTs, there are still executives of big companies in Japan, otherwise sensible, who think it's the future of digital commerce.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Although as Endorph likes to point out, they usually use it as a buzzword unrelated to any specific technical meaning.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah but in the kizuna ai anime they definitely mean nft-rear end nfts

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I've had a bit of a break from seasonal anime for the last couple of years but I started checking out some new things this season. I've heard that Gundam Witch is worth watching but I know next to nothing about Gundam, is this one a good entry series?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes you don't need to know anything about previous series to watch it and is it's own separate universe.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Most Gundam series are like Final Fantasy games, they share a few common themes and iconography but are otherwise totally unconnected, and all make perfectly good starting places.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

macabresca posted:

I've had a bit of a break from seasonal anime for the last couple of years but I started checking out some new things this season. I've heard that Gundam Witch is worth watching but I know next to nothing about Gundam, is this one a good entry series?
yeah its fine, structurally its pretty different from previous gundam series and its its own universe, its not a sequel to anything narratively

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

SatoshiMiwa posted:

https://twitter.com/dramata1/status/1647788969126506497

*goes to rewatch the scene* Oh Kuroda you so crazy

She's spent the last few decades living nicely off of that big case of stolen gold her brother gave her, I see.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

macabresca posted:

it is a show designed to bring new viewers into the franchise

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
alright, good to know!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You also don't need to have watched any Gundam to enjoy Birdie Wing.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Noted!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, to continue the analogy, Birdie Wing is like if a sports dramedy had a bunch of Final Fantasy references and one of the sidekick characters collected tonberry plushies. It's just an eccentric bit of extra flavour.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Skip and Loafer ep3 done.

good youth series of the season

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Every character in Skip and Loafer is so ridiculously charming.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Even the try hard girl trying to get with the guy that has no interest in her.
She kind of sneaky, but honestly don’t blame her trying to make an effort

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

macabresca posted:

As someone else on these forums put it, "I didn't realize that to enjoy Gundam it needed an autistic lesbian tanuki girl, but here we are."

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Finally watched episode 1 of Oshi no Ko. What a pleasant and lighthearted romp through the cheery world of Japanese Idols!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

It's been like a week, you don't need to do that anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

It's quite fun recommending Oshi no Ko to friends who aren't expecting anything. I had two bite and report back last night with some strong "I wasn't expecting that" vibes.