Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The timeskip could be as short as 6 months-1 year and Riju just had a growth spurt and Tulin is bigger because Rito grow faster than humans

I’m guessing after releasing Ganondorf Link is kept somewhere for a while(maybe he has wounds?), explaining the timeskip and Link’s longer hair in some footage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I hope this is multi audio at launch, I've grown attached to German Zelda

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

RatHat posted:

The timeskip could be as short as 6 months-1 year and Riju just had a growth spurt and Tulin is bigger because Rito grow faster than humans

I’m guessing after releasing Ganondorf Link is kept somewhere for a while(maybe he has wounds?), explaining the timeskip and Link’s longer hair in some footage.

I’m thinking the differences in hair and outfit (Toga Link w/ Long hair vs Champion Tunic Link with less long hair) is time travel shenanigans

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
i hope blades bleed this time

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Please let me fuse everything together and play Hyrule Katamari

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Super No Vacancy posted:

gonna be really funny when they put out the best zelda game ever and sell the most copies in series history and then poo poo out some catastrophic live action movie that tanks the brand before the next game

Zelda Movie, but takes place in the modern business world. Link is an investment banker and Zelda is a consultant hired by his bank. Ganondorf is a malicious member of the Board of Directors and the Master Sword is a USB drive containing data proving that he has broken the law.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

Zelda Movie, but takes place in the modern business world. Link is an investment banker and Zelda is a consultant hired by his bank. Ganondorf is a malicious member of the Board of Directors and the Master Sword is a USB drive containing data proving that he has broken the law.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Okay but the final battle still needs to be Link and Zelda on a motorcycle out in a field while Ganondorf tries to run them down in a boar themed monster truck.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

It better still have Ganon in a Metallica t-shirt like in that BotW concept art. Make him a Silicon Valley disruptor douchebag or something

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think a LoZ movie would be best if it was minimal dialogue, like Samurai Jack or Shadow of the Colossus

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
No they’re gonna make it marketable thus bland. Ideally it’d be done by a studio like Laika or something

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

just give it to guillermo del toro tbh

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Khanstant posted:

This is a great observation as to why LA and Marin stick out to me. I hope the new Mario movie started some gears turning at Nintendo wrt their female cast. They've got the characters, they just fail to utilize them.

BotW did lean into characterizing Zelda more, which is good, but none of it made me like her or relate to her, but she's also british royalty so I don't think she is meant to be relatable in that way.

In BotW, Zelda is a nerd who would rather tinker with old machines than attend to her Royal duties. She loves science and in one memory tries to force-feed a frog to Link. She’s also a disappointment to her Father because she can’t live up to his expectations. I think they made her pretty relatable.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

She’s also a disappointment to her Father because she can’t live up to his expectations. I think they made her pretty relatable.

Isn't that just what SHE thinks?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Caidin posted:

I want weapon transmog. No i don't care that it's all disposable, if I'm dressing up as a ninja I want my weeb style and for it all to still kill nerds even after all the 'blins have been constructed out of tank armor.
I personally thought it was funny to dress full ninja and carry around a massive Lynel club

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Asterite34 posted:

It better still have Ganon in a Metallica t-shirt like in that BotW concept art. Make him a Silicon Valley disruptor douchebag or something

Ganondorf after purchasing Twitter:

“Do not look away, you witness a king's revival and the birth of his new world. 😂”

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

RatHat posted:

Well he sure wasn’t doing anything to help the situation.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

RatHat posted:

Eh, he is a huge rear end in a top hat about it to her to the point of dressing her down in public. And doing the lovely 'Link is fulfilling his destiny why aren't you??' awful comparison poo poo which poisons her relationship with Link until right before the Calamity. He regrets it according to his ghost and diary but he hosed up and gave his kid a massive complex

Zore fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Apr 18, 2023

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

While I doubt they'll let use fuse living creatures to things, it'd be neat if you could fuse fireflies (or other insects/lizards, which I think are the only living "items") to stuff to make a fire-less source of light.

Zore posted:

Eh, he is a huge rear end in a top hat about it to her to the point of dressing her down in public. And doing the lovely 'Link is fulfilling his destiny why aren't you??' awful comparison poo poo which poisons her relationship with Link until right before the Calamity. He regrets it according to his ghost and diary but he hosed up and gave his kid a massive complex

Yeah, he supposedly he good intentions about it, but it was still transparently stupid as hell and just made things much worse.

Fish Appreciator
Nov 25, 2021

Asterite34 posted:

Old man Ganondirf with a Metallica shirt is my favorite piece of Legend of Zelda esoterica. I would buy a figurine of him. I would cosplay him if I shared any base resemblance. I love band tee Ganondorf so much.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

No amiibos announced yet for this drat game?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

who knows how the score will be (I'm guessing great) but here's the actual theme from the japanese website ripped, and it SLAYS.

https://twitter.com/ActualAero/status/1646602951589351454?s=20

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

a.lo posted:

No, they have a link one that came out as a pre order a while ago.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

a.lo posted:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-link-tears-of-the-kingdom/6535544.p?skuId=6535544

also some of the other Zelda amiibos are getting reprints

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

LionArcher posted:

who knows how the score will be (I'm guessing great) but here's the actual theme from the japanese website ripped, and it SLAYS.

I’ve said it before but this is giving me strong Mario Galaxy vibes, which is very promising cuz Galaxy’s soundtrack was perfection

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I'll wait for Ganondorf (not Smash)

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

LionArcher posted:

You can download it here:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I love the saxophone part

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Big chuunibyo vibes there, just needs a medical eyepatch.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

In BotW, Zelda is a nerd who would rather tinker with old machines than attend to her Royal duties. She loves science and in one memory tries to force-feed a frog to Link. She’s also a disappointment to her Father because she can’t live up to his expectations. I think they made her pretty relatable.

Relatable is relative I suppose. She certainly does get more characterization than past Zeldii, which is good. I think if she transformed into a mysterious tuxedo mask type and occasionally saved Links rear end now and then, I'd be a fan.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

I mean, Sheik

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Khanstant posted:

Relatable is relative I suppose. She certainly does get more characterization than past Zeldii, which is good. I think if she transformed into a mysterious tuxedo mask type and occasionally saved Links rear end now and then, I'd be a fan.

are you trying to say you relate to tuxedo mask on a personal level

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Augus posted:

Do you NOT see fit to offer mysterious yet benevolent intervention in your dumbass friends/acquaintances superhero activities?

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

Caidin posted:

Do you NOT see fit to offer mysterious yet benevolent intervention in your dumbass friends/acquaintances superhero activities?

I do, but normally I'll just throw a rose, say something that vaguely fits the villain's theming, then leave without actually attacking or defending anyone.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Augus posted:

It's more than I don't want to get sick and through an unfortunate incident my entire wardrobe was replaced with tuxedos for the past few years

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Given my avatar I appreciate the reference but Zelda already did the Sheik thing in that role. I’m up for bringing back Sheik, especially if it’s painfully obvious to every character that it’s Zelda, like Hyrule Warriors.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

And also Tetra

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
E: I’m definitely going to be walking around the next few weeks randomly humming that “da da DA-daaaa” part from the trailer music to myself.

Ciaphas posted:

I try not to watch trailers for games like TotK that I know I'm gonna get (more fun to be surprised, IMO) so maybe this's already known but I want more shield surfing

Yeah from what we’ve seen you’re in luck there

Pirate Radar fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Apr 19, 2023

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Why is Riju fighting with swords instead of seals though? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Why is Riju fighting with swords instead of seals though? :confused:

Seals unionized, her mission before you earn the tear she has is to break the union by framing the union leader seal for embezzlement