Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Oh. Oh!

Those dog pictures are from Bakin, Rohan's dog from the latest Thus Spoke chapters. Which means either Rohan is actually in his mid 50s and has the dog in both universes or those chapters were set in the SBRverse all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think I actually made a small scream when I saw the room full of rocks

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

I know it's a little early to start theorycrafting but I'm convinced that Rohan is just researching volcanoes for his next manga and the rock he keeps in the safe next to the diamond is just a really, really good rock. Also he thinks it's more valuable than the diamond because diamonds all look alike.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Oh. Oh!

Those dog pictures are from Bakin, Rohan's dog from the latest Thus Spoke chapters. Which means either Rohan is actually in his mid 50s and has the dog in both universes or those chapters were set in the SBRverse all along.

I can only assume Rohan ages like Araki so that part is covered.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the rock is actually a piece of Cars, who has survived the ending of one universe and the birth of the next

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Hmm, I bet Rohan is searching for rock humans (for manga research, obvs). Maybe there's one hidden among the rocks he has in his house already, and that weird cat is its stand. Or it could be related to whatever is causing the stand phenomena in Hawaii, somehow relating to lava, that would also be interesting.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Isn't it local folklore that people taking lava off the island as a souvenir will invoke Pele's wrath and be horribly cursed? Or is that just something invented by the tourism board to keep jackass mainlanders from trying to steal bits of the island piece by piece all the time?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

WrightOfWay posted:

I can only assume Rohan ages like Araki so that part is covered.

Wait, Rohan was only 20 in Part 4??? That does mean by the time of Hot Summer Martha/Part 9 he'd be mid forties so yeah, given Araki aging. Although man his editor also ages like a vampire then given she looks the same as at her intro.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

grieving for Gandalf posted:

the rock is actually a piece of Cars, who has survived the ending of one universe and the birth of the next

legit plausible

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

SBRverse is not the Ireneverse

Also I bet Rohan is just real into rocks now

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

No Dignity posted:

SBRverse is not the Ireneverse

Also I bet Rohan is just real into rocks now

Given the whole "JOJOLands" thing I figure the various geology of the islands will become important.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Man, this is such a strong start to a Jojo part. I love these characters already.

Jodio is fanboying out at meeting Rohan, but he ends it by saying, "still, he's a rich guy on vacation" with an implied 'so gently caress this guy'. Doesn't matter if he's Jodio's personal hero, gently caress the rich.

I laughed out loud at the bit where Dragona explains why it's a bad idea to steal anything but the diamond and we turn the page to find Paco and Usagi with packs full of valuables and dismayed looks on their faces.

Usagi just cutting open that painting like an idiot, and Paco pocketing a stack of cash anyway was a good followup. And of course Usagi helpfully defining all the terms without actually understanding anything was great.
I love these dumb kids. The ensemble cast is very strong already.

I hope the random stand using cat eventually joins them. Their team could use an animal companion.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

Given the whole "JOJOLands" thing I figure the various geology of the islands will become important.

Both these things could be true!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

Considering both SBR and JJL had geological phenomenon be related to Stands, yeah I buy the lava being important like that

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Isn't that the plot of one of the novels?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Technowolf posted:

Isn't that the plot of one of the novels?

Yeah, Jorge Joestar

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

That thing's a cat as much as Iwasuke's a dog. Possible rock animal?

After learning how to draw dogs, Araki moved onto new ventures

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Looking back on a better quality screen:

The cactus needle is in a rain drop, there's a different example of one in one, so the takeaway is that Jodio can use November Rain to use things as projectiles with its rain. Maybe it's only things that are primarily water too like cacti.

Rohan's clocked that the rain was odd but he got pricked by the cactus, which he'd not been close enough to, so it's a stand attack and Jodio's basing it off his reaction, Rohan figured what happened so Jodio knows that he's a stand user.

yeah i guess that is just it, but it still feels like a bit of a leap in logic for jodio to think rohan is a stand user just because he's being a bit analytical about the weird poo poo he noticed happening

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Wasn't the whole point of setting the rain to get his attention? If normal people can't see the rain then he'd have to reason to do that.

I still haven't read Jojolion (I'll get to it... eventually) but Jojolands has been pretty entertaining so far. I actually really like the designs of Jodio and Dragona, I am totally on board with these stupid crime kids.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

What if the diamond is a "rock" human?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
what if the diamond is the rock human's cock

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Pink Dark Boy has a different design

JoJoLands

Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

zetamind2000 posted:

Pink Dark Boy has a different design

JoJoLands

Kinda reminds me of Echoes act 3 a little.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
pink dark boy looked like that in the latest thus spoke kishibe rohan, and heaven's door has looked like that (with the bowler hat instead of its old top hat) since the second thus spoke kishibe rohan chapter

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If Jojolands is this timeline’s version of Part 5 then maybe the cat/whoever is controlling the strings is this timeline’s version of Pesci

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

:stare:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I'm thinking Rohan gave the tip about his visit just to experience a robbery

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

what if rohan joins the crew

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

What if the plot kicks off after they fight the cat, and they go off to fight the lava humans or whatever, but Paco incidentally steals the diamond on the way out. Then Rohan spends the rest of the series chasing the gang like Inspector Zenigata.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
what if Rohan was a Joestar

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I am hoping there is either absolutely no explanation for Rohan being mostly the same or that Rohan’s 「Dimensional Persistence」is the main crux of the plot.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rohan's gonna punch all of them with a huge Echoes Act 3

Koichi did a Jonathan Joestar growth spurt

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

what if rohan joins the crew

Incredibly probable imo. Not as a full time main character, but he'll be like a Rohan Kishibe from Part 4 sorta dude who pops up every now and then and drives some plot, gets into a misadventure and goes away again for a bit

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I know it'll never happen, but it'd be really funny if this Rohan gets murked/leaves like Koichi to show he's not that important for the rest of the story. It'd be the ultimate troll from Araki.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

No one here actually believes that araki's bringing the ireneverse version of rohan to part 9 without any changes, right? Like, that would be hack poo poo on a level he's never done before

I feel like I'm going crazy seeing every theorist and commenter working under the assumption that it's the same rohan that went through diamond is unbreakable

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

zetamind2000 posted:

No one here actually believes that araki's bringing the ireneverse version of rohan to part 9 without any changes, right? Like, that would be hack poo poo on a level he's never done before

I feel like I'm going crazy seeing every theorist and commenter working under the assumption that it's the same rohan that went through diamond is unbreakable

Just wait till it's revealed that it's all true

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

zetamind2000 posted:

The alternate theory that I've seen that I feel is more reasonable but probably also unlikely is that the most recent chapters of Thus Spoke have actually been about SBRverse Rohan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It turns out all the events of Diamond is Unbreakable did happen but when Rohan flashes back to them Josuke is replaced with Gappy and Koichi with Yasuho.