Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Blorange posted:

I know it's impossible to quantify but I'd love to see how much Elon's online toxicity is directly responsible for Telsa's falling sales.

It rules that the only way things will get better for him is by shutting the gently caress up, and he never, ever will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Freaquency posted:

He keeps talking about companies “ripping off the database” like that’s a thing others can actually do

Yeah, what in the gently caress is he talking about? Is this complete brain worms or did he hear an actual fact he morphed into “THEY STEAL OUR DB”

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 46 minutes!
Lack of blue check is about to become the new blue check

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Wasn't there talk about allowing blue check users the ability to not show their check?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Crackbone posted:

Yeah, what in the gently caress is he talking about? Is this complete brain worms or did he hear an actual fact he morphed into “THEY STEAL OUR DB”
he does seem convinced that api access = database downloads which is, like, sure you could do that with an api built to do that, but i'm pretty sure microsoft's advertising platform was just using it to push posts without having to open a twitter client because twitter didn't bother building an api that lets people wholesale steal their database.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i mean there is , but if they dump a wall of text or use other birdblue only features it will give away their status.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Freaquency posted:

He keeps talking about companies “ripping off the database” like that’s a thing others can actually do

gently caress, now it makes even more sense. He doesn't understand that the content itself is one of the least valuable parts of the database. The company he bought has an insane amount of informational power, but he thinks it's just a guest book

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Ghostlight posted:

he does seem convinced that api access = database downloads which is, like, sure you could do that with an api built to do that, but i'm pretty sure microsoft's advertising platform was just using it to push posts without having to open a twitter client because twitter didn't bother building an api that lets people wholesale steal their database.

Musk's complaint here is completely irrelevant to the advertising news its attached to. He's salty at Microsoft about OpenAI and just taking the opportunity to try to poo poo on em. I'd bet a good amount that the API's ToS does not prevent Microsoft from using it as training data for ML models.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Im in ur base, stealing ur data

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

Isn’t the implication he would be fine if they still advertised on his platform.

Because that seems like blackmailing
Don’t be silly, he has only just discovered Microsoft copied Twitter’s data, or something, illegally - apparently, and this was entirely coincidental to this latest move by them.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
Musk wants to be seen as a leader in the AI field and is upset that his original investment in it did not buy him the notoriety he thinks he deserves. Microsoft is increasingly partnered with OpenAI so he almost assuredly thinks they're stealing his thunder and is mad about it. And then Microsoft comes along and kicks him in the balls with the advertising move. So he lashes out.

The reason why you have the non sequitur is because the AI poo poo is what Musk is really upset about.

Just my guess.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

ryde posted:

Musk wants to be seen as a leader in the AI field and is upset that his original investment in it did not buy him the notoriety he thinks he deserves. Microsoft is increasingly partnered with OpenAI so he almost assuredly thinks they're stealing his thunder and is mad about it. And then Microsoft comes along and kicks him in the balls with the advertising move. So he lashes out.

Just my guess.
Probably right. The guy can’t stand not being at the centre of everything, and when it comes to ChatGPT and how much people are talking and raving about it, when he’s not even slightly involved, he can’t take it. He’s irrelevant to the conversation and no one is feting him for his (non)involvement.

I’m still lolling at TruthGPT, the AI concept that makes no sense that will also never exist, like his robot, Neuralink, and a bunch of other poo poo.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
this ceo makes top quality cars, launches rockets into space, creates great named children and runs a successful social media platform! click here to find out how

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
elon pretending to be mad that ms trained tay on twitter, when actually he just mad that they pulled it when it started sieg heiling

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
TruthGPT, which stands for truth....uh.... truth-based AI

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
https://twitter.com/tamoorh/status/1648827409825959936?t=v2taLDiF4F-drkf_1mZpeg&s=19

Just a complete void as a personality

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

ryde posted:

Musk's complaint here is completely irrelevant to the advertising news its attached to. He's salty at Microsoft about OpenAI and just taking the opportunity to try to poo poo on em. I'd bet a good amount that the API's ToS does not prevent Microsoft from using it as training data for ML models.
the training part, sure, but he's made similar "download database" comments regarding other companies using the twitter api.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

holtemon posted:

I don't think the site is gonna break tomorrow, but I'm excited to see how many celebrities don't give a crap about losing their blue checks lol

Twitter is sticky because people use it to get news, lulz and celebrity posts in one place.

Musk, the business genius, is driving out all of the celebrities and news orgs. For every person who makes a post that they're leaving, there are 10 that just quietly stopping using it like most people did with Facebook. They're making the site less appealing for the content creators who use it while also more expensive. It won't be a dramatic failure, the site will lumber on like a zombie until it gets sold to Ben Shapiro or something in 5 years for pennies on the dollar

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
the twitter database is a million gigabytes of pure gold and definitely not a pile of insipid bullshit, so i can see why elon musk is convinced that everyone is trying to steal it

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

This makes me think of https://youtu.be/v1y0TqSGSDo

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1648826458939293698
Elon to turn against him in 10...

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

Data Graham posted:

Elon accusing everyone using the API for free of "downloading the whole Twitter database" is like that bash.org quote

code:
<NES> lol
<NES> I download something from Napster
<NES> And the same guy I downloaded it from starts downloading it from me when I'm done
<NES> I message him and say "What are you doing? I just got that from you"
<NES> "getting my song back fucker"

Holy poo poo, that actually makes sense. The reason he wanted to charge for the API, the reason he thinks everyone is “downloading the database” - he was shown all the api calls, the traffic they generated and either made the big-brained leap / one of the remaining hardcore engineers was bullshitting him (or is also an idiot).

He really is king idiot of idiotland.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Elon knows about space stuff the same way Baron knows about The Cyber.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Lol so is this guy’s entire feed just complaining about being silenced if a tweet doesn’t get enough likes? Or am I missing all the brilliant handcrafted memes that made catturd2 a household name and Elon’s bff. What does he actually do?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Steadiman posted:

Lol so is this guy’s entire feed just complaining about being silenced if a tweet doesn’t get enough likes? Or am I missing all the brilliant handcrafted memes that made catturd2 a household name and Elon’s bff. What does he actually do?

Don't be silly, he also posts a lot of 😂 to show just how not mad he is about anything.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Big pie chart:

50% "racist tweets"
50% "complaining that his racist tweets don't have enough likes"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1648794388716216321

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Steadiman posted:

Yeah he’s been doing it the whole time. If his tweets don’t hit some number he’s imagining in his head he starts crying about being shadowbanned

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

repiv posted:

anecdotally the content in the feed isn't that bad for me now, the main problem is it repeats itself constantly and randomly rearranges itself

for a while it was pushing all kinds of random garbage, though it will probably revert to that when elon gets bored and starts pressing buttons again

lmao of course right after i posted this it started recommending the "elon musk" and "electric vehicles" categories completely unprompted

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Yeah, take Microsoft to court. Arguably the most litigious company in history. You got this!

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

goatface posted:

As a culture we will never progress past the pop-culture mash-up tshirt.

:thaoldme:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Am I thinking of the wrong thing or did Elon Musk not do some product reveal on stage a few years ago of a purported amazing new robot that looked just like a human in a bodysuit and could dance and jump around just like a human in a bodysuit and had a bodysuit just like a human in a bodysuit ?

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Makes billions in tech, doesn't know what a database is. Checks out.

peeper
Jun 21, 2005
Fun Shoe
TruthGPT off to a great start!

Musk’s Leader for OpenAI Rival Was Recently Arrested for Domestic Violence

https://www.theinformation.com/articles/musks-hand-picked-leader-for-openai-rival-was-recently-arrested-for-domestic-violence

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

morningdrew posted:

Yeah, take Microsoft to court. Arguably the most litigious company in history. You got this!

He's going to get owned so hard and gaslight himself into thinking he won

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 46 minutes!
looooooooooooooooooooooooool

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1648837591423234049

lmao

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

peeper posted:

TruthGPT off to a great start!

Musk’s Leader for OpenAI Rival Was Recently Arrested for Domestic Violence

https://www.theinformation.com/articles/musks-hand-picked-leader-for-openai-rival-was-recently-arrested-for-domestic-violence

Babuschkin, that is exactly what my 4 year old calls the cat :tinfoil:

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

hmm, personally I would not publicly accuse microsoft of crimes and threaten to sue them, but I am not a big brained super genius inventor man who knows a lot about space, so what do I know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Can't get over how Trumpy this quote of his is