Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

goons trying to turn a child into a speedrunner is the most disturbing thing of the last week. you should be ashamed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Spanish Manlove posted:

either she will give up and never play a game again, or strengthen her resolve and learn how to double bomb jump across hyrule

She hasn’t been exposed to weird speed running poo poo yet so it’ll be super funny to see her reaction after it has literally taken her 2 years to get through botw.

Like, this kid has a custom cross stitch of the original LoZ item crawl from the attract screen of the very first game on her wall. She wears zelda stuff all the time. Hell, she was Link a couple halloweens ago. Kid loves her video games.

I’m going to wait until she beats it to show her though.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

his name is spelled ganon with one n continue to spell it wrong and yo u will be banned this is your first and final warning

Gano

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

blue collar italian style ganon

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

preemptive e.fb

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

graham gano is an nfl placekicker whose name i enjoy saying

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

blue collar italian style ganon

This fuckin mook thinks he could just slide out of the shrine of resurrection, goomba stomp some bokoblin to fly over here, and knock on my door. Fuhgettaboutit

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

thinking about an italian deli owner saying "silverscale spear" and "biggoron sword"

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

He holds the triforce of respect

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
eh, these rupees fell off a truck. now are you gonna sell me that track suit or what?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

giving all of the moblins a day off on columbus day

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

graham gano is an nfl placekicker whose name i enjoy saying

Best part is when he misses kicks, then you get to call him Graham gaOHNO

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
in lttp link is catholic and italian

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I had a strategy guide as a kid for ff3(6) that was as thick as a drat dictionary, like an inch and a half thick. It had a big sword on the cover with a golden dragon hilt and was all UNOFFICIAL, drat right it was unofficial like 90% of the poo poo it described wasn't even in the game

It was basically a gamefaqs troll guide but printed

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

I had a strategy guide as a kid for ff3(6) that was as thick as a drat dictionary, like an inch and a half thick. It had a big sword on the cover with a golden dragon hilt and was all UNOFFICIAL, drat right it was unofficial like 90% of the poo poo it described wasn't even in the game

strat guide / fan fiction

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019

Captain Invictus posted:

did it tell you how to unlock general leo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It definitely gave detailed guides on how to get poo poo that wasn't even in the loving game

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Visual Basic Bitch posted:

did it tell you how to unlock general leo

It was forever ago and I dont have it anymore but probably

Edit:what if...what if it's a guide for the actual ff3, not 6, that'd explain why there was so much nonsense in it, wish I still had it so I could take some pictures

Edit: IT WAS THIS FUCKER: https://a.co/d/5CgNCfh

found one for 11 bucks so I guess I'll find out soon how hosed up it is

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Apr 20, 2023

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
Eager to learn how to obtain the Dragon's Dick Longsword

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

This just came up on SAD, and will be a cross post in several threads of pyf. If you have items that are on imgur you want to keep, now would be a good time.

https://twitter.com/atomicthumbs/status/1648883351233896448

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Fucks sake

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Offer fishmech a pardon if they pull off this one. Last. Job.

then double cross them and permanently permaban them again.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

NoiseAnnoys posted:

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Taking a quick second to alert the sagas legends community specifically that imgur decided to go scorched earth on old content and i would like to direct everyone's attention to the tech support thread where plans are being discussed for archiving content

Jeff and astral are working on solutions in this thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4030290

This will particularly hurt the sagas legends thread if all our sagas legends are loving deleted

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Apr 20, 2023

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

NoiseAnnoys posted:

lol

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

HonorableTB posted:

Taking a quick second to alert the sagas community specifically that imgur decided to go scorched earth on old content and i would like to direct everyone's attention to the tech support thread where plans are being discussed for archiving content

Jeff and astral are working on solutions in this thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4030290

This will particularly hurt the sagas thread if all our sagas are loving deleted

yeah this is waffleimages x1000. horrible news for the internet at large.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

waffleimages is happening all over again

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
this imgur poo poo made jeff appear with a swiftness i've never seen before. im scared

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
ribs on jeff's consciousness aside I'm more than willing to blast as much bandwidth as I have available to stopping imgur links on SA and elsewhere from going dead

this is a potential project that goes beyond SA. this an internet-wide cataclysm in the making that we should honestly all give a poo poo about

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

yeah its gonna rule

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You're laughing? We're about to lose every puppy gif, goatse mirror and simpsons meme, and you're laughing.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Kazinsal posted:

ribs on jeff's consciousness aside I'm more than willing to blast as much bandwidth as I have available to stopping imgur links on SA and elsewhere from going dead

this is a potential project that goes beyond SA. this an internet-wide cataclysm in the making that we should honestly all give a poo poo about

lifetime supply of Pocky
Aug 19, 2003

Captain Invictus posted:

You're laughing? We're about to lose every puppy gif, goatse mirror and simpsons meme, and you're laughing.

got u covered on the goatse front. PM me if you need a quick fix

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I don't know how to do poo poo but I also keep everything I ever make on my hard drive so I'm good for me personally. Though now I need to know where I can upload pics to from now on.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
time to embarrass myself with the full brunt of my post history

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Famethrowa posted:

goons trying to turn a child into a speedrunner is the most disturbing thing of the last week. you should be ashamed.

can’t have new Zelda until you finish your plate of la mulana

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

It was forever ago and I dont have it anymore but probably

Edit:what if...what if it's a guide for the actual ff3, not 6, that'd explain why there was so much nonsense in it, wish I still had it so I could take some pictures

Edit: IT WAS THIS FUCKER: https://a.co/d/5CgNCfh

found one for 11 bucks so I guess I'll find out soon how hosed up it is

fyi i know the story with that guide: they wanted to be the first official guide on the shelves since guide books for rpgs were decent business back in the day. but they didnt have any kind of official relationship with square that'd let them play a pre-release version of the game and write a guide based on that.

but ff6 had come out in japan well before it came out in the us.

so what they did was just import a bunch of the japanese strategy guides, not knowing any japanese, and just sort of guess what the guides were telling them and write that down.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
it's on the internet archive and whoo boy it's a thing.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Kazinsal posted:

A lot of people have been expecting this to happen, Jeffrey and Astral included - and both they and many other people have been preparing for it.

It's just a pity that imgur pulled the trigger on it before most people have managed to get replacement solutions up and going, because the biggest problem is one of diskspace.

That being said, I don't think scraping SA for URIs is the best idea - I'm hoping we can get a database dump of them in the other thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Leraika posted:

it's on the internet archive and whoo boy it's a thing.

Someone make a thread about it!