Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

yum posted:

I don't think he can cast his domain with only one hand since he can't do the hand seals

you only need one hand to play pachinko, baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I really don't get whats with all this planning and setup to what seems will be little payoff, like the perfect sphere but we'll see

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Kenjaku made a binding vow that in exchange for the culling game to be feasible it has to be unstoppable through regular means AND he has to be the one to stop it before merging with Tengen and the barriers. He setup a loophole that means eventually the game will stop but the establishment of the points sharing rule means it can go on indefinitely and so sets the stage for the real final conflict as far as we can be aware of.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I guess if the points were used more tactically before I'd be more into it but they just feel like macguffins because while that all makes sense unlike other story arcs I ain't feeling the ramp up on this one

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

yum posted:

I wonder how Hakari got his arm back if Shoko couldn't regenerate Hana's

Perhaps the wounds that Sukuna inflict cannot be healed through reversed curse technique.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

He got Todo's other arm

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Flair posted:

Perhaps the wounds that Sukuna inflict cannot be healed through reversed curse technique.

Mahito's soul transformation related damage doesn't seem to be healable either.

There's been some speculation that Sukuna may understand something about the soul that others don't and might whip out Jacob's Ladder at some point, if he has some kind of cannibalism/soul-eating power copy ability.

Of course, this will lead to even more comedy if he decides to just.. you know.. eat Krang.

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/7349/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-221?&date=20-4-2023-13

chapter

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Oh okay

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Interesting that Kenjaku did not know about the back until he absorbed Tengen.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Well...drat

Gojo just looks loving cool in his return, thats it, very badass arrival

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Apr 20, 2023

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Art felt kind of off this chapter, but the drawing of Momo on the first page is perfect.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Kenjaku sweating

and this lol

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gojo escapes the prison realm and the first thing he does is call Sukuna a little bitch lol

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

wait when did they get the prison realm though oh E: way back when Tengen chatted with them, he just like yoinked it from nowhere. There was so much info dumped I definitely haven’t retained that.

Also yeah art felt weirdly off this chapter. Still amped and excited and confused why they’re putting things off?

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Apr 20, 2023

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the boy is back in town

Bread Set Jettison posted:

wait when did they get the prison realm though oh E: way back when Tengen chatted with them, he just like yoinked it from nowhere. There was so much info dumped I definitely haven’t retained that.

Also yeah art felt weirdly off this chapter. Still amped and excited and confused why they’re putting things off?

probably to figure out a way to get sukuna out of megumi without killing him

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Not sure why the callback to "you'll be the first person I kill" from back then was emphasized like that, if it was supposed to be a binding vow then he's already broken it. Unless using Megumi's powers was the workaround (which seems like a stretch, even for Gege).

Also, agree that the art was definitely rushed at times. Hope everything is okay.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Gege's taking a break after this chapter so he's probably a bit burned out atm, hopefully he gets some rest

also

he's back baby. delaying the match seems like a bad idea if the goal here is to rescue Megumi, but if Angel's still alive and kicking then they have a chance

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Someone in another thread said that Gege and the Black Clover guy are taking breaks next week

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Return of the Hax, sung to the tune of Return of the Mack.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I completely forgot they had the cube already lol. Now this looks like a proper final arc, if anything.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Someone in another thread said that Gege and the Black Clover guy are taking breaks next week

I think all of Shonen Jump is on break

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

if gojo kills Geto, can the game never end

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

'i wonder if this is some kind of fakeout'

'no the boy's back'

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Bread Set Jettison posted:

if gojo kills Geto, can the game never end

We have no idea what happens to his pokeball collection if Krang dies. But if the core barriers go down the games end and Cursed Energy escapes into the wider world.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Jump is on break next week but Gege and Tataba are also taking a week after that.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I can't believe we're finally at the fireworks factory of Gojo finally getting released and immediately throwing down w Sukuna after making Kenny poo poo himself. Also man was this page great.

Gojo just giving Uraume the lazy punch and obliterating them is sick as hell

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

ChaseSP posted:

I can't believe we're finally at the fireworks factory of Gojo finally getting released and immediately throwing down w Sukuna after making Kenny poo poo himself. Also man was this page great.

uraume's blood just lazily dripping off gojo's infinity is perfection

chefscientist
Mar 23, 2007

#1 Cockeyed Ghost fan
Hang on! It's only been 19 days since he got put in the box? That seems wayyy too short a timeframe. Is it just because of it was longer then the culling game would have seen everyone killed?

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I hope Gojo/Yuji and the gang have an actual plan or hidden ace going in the final battle.Trying to brute force (even a lot of it) is what got Gojo sealed in the first place.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Scallop Eyes posted:

I hope Gojo/Yuji and the gang have an actual plan or hidden ace going in the final battle.Trying to brute force (even a lot of it) is what got Gojo sealed in the first place.

On the other hand, giving the master schemer a month and some to get his poo poo together is less than ideal.

That was probably the one chance where Geto was out of his element and fully on the back foot.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

chefscientist posted:

Hang on! It's only been 19 days since he got put in the box? That seems wayyy too short a timeframe. Is it just because of it was longer then the culling game would have seen everyone killed?

The Shibuya incident was on Halloween, so yeah seems they do mean 19 days total. The curses and curse users hosed up a lot of poo poo in less than 3 weeks

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Caros posted:

On the other hand, giving the master schemer a month and some to get his poo poo together is less than ideal.

That was probably the one chance where Geto was out of his element and fully on the back foot.

It sucks but Gojo was probably not gonna get to to Geto with Sukuna there and the only to get away around Sukuna at that point is to murder him, which I'm pretty sure Gojo wants to avoid.

My big assumption here is that they have a way to deal with Sukuna without destroying the host.

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

they need to learn how takaba’s power works so they can convince him it would be hilarious if sukuna separated from megumi

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

ChaseSP posted:

Been waiting for someone to do this.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Kenjaku has lost to three different 6-eyes users in the past. Not only that but the two people that he's never considered taking over with his bodyswapping technique was Toji, because his technique would fail, and Gojo, because he acknowledged him as unbeatable. I know Gege likes to skip over things to quicken the pace, but I think Kenjaku may have genuinely believed that burying the Prison Realm 8,000 meters beneath the ocean with all those cursed spirits and seals was enough to kill Gojo. Just look at how surprised he is, he indeed was making GBS threads himself with Gojos sudden appearance. It took years of meticulous planning and luck to seal Gojo in the first place, I don't think he has many more contingency plans up his sleeve. I think he realizes that his only hope is to rely on Sukuna. During the interim, they'll probably be looking for the remaining 5 fingers.

Plus, I don't believe Gojo will fight Kenjaku. That will probably be left to Yuta and the rest, since Gojo is strongest when he fights alone

Caros
May 14, 2008

yum posted:

Kenjaku has lost to three different 6-eyes users in the past. Not only that but the two people that he's never considered taking over with his bodyswapping technique was Toji, because his technique would fail, and Gojo, because he acknowledged him as unbeatable. I know Gege likes to skip over things to quicken the pace, but I think Kenjaku may have genuinely believed that burying the Prison Realm 8,000 meters beneath the ocean with all those cursed spirits and seals was enough to kill Gojo. Just look at how surprised he is, he indeed was making GBS threads himself with Gojos sudden appearance. It took years of meticulous planning and luck to seal Gojo in the first place, I don't think he has many more contingency plans up his sleeve. I think he realizes that his only hope is to rely on Sukuna. During the interim, they'll probably be looking for the remaining 5 fingers.

Plus, I don't believe Gojo will fight Kenjaku. That will probably be left to Yuta and the rest, since Gojo is strongest when he fights alone

Pretty much this.

The decision to postpone the fight is almost certainly just so gojo can try and save Megumi.

If they threw down then and there, I'm fairly certain he wins flatly. Kenjaku has no tricks that will matter and Sukuna is strong but not strong enough.

Gojo wants to delay so he can make a full win. Kenjaku is okay with it because he wants to win at all.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

yum posted:

Big disagree, its exactly who he wants to face and will, its personal for him. Sukuna is just...in the way. Yuji and Co need to reclaim Megumi from Sukuna and show him up. This story has been deeply personal despite the bigger story beats, no way he misses out on that. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if the end of this is not beating Sukuna but just forcing him back into cursed relics to hang around for another 1000 years. He's functionally unstoppable so defusing him seems more likely than an outright defeat.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
someone needs to kick Sukuna extremely hard in his balls

don't care who does it at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The problem is that sukunas balls are never truly his balls