Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Scholtz posted:

Yeah she's basically getting the emotional damage version of Zoro got at the end of Thriller Bark

It's way worse. Imagine going though all your dad's memories from his point of view. By the time she gets out she'll not only know in detail if he can poop, she'll also know what else happens behind closed doors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Bonny is going to see all of his memories in such detail and length that once she gets out she's just going to think she IS Kuma.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

She's going to see when :zoro: happened and think "wow that guy is cool"

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

What happened at the end of Thriller Bark? :confused:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ever Disappointing posted:

What happened at the end of Thriller Bark? :confused:

:zoro:

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
The black boat oddly reminds me of Jojo part 5, where a stand has the big power up, but how to catch it is a mystery. It's a race to figure it out. Except the stand didn't make whirlpools. I don't remember what it did.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The boat ate the fruit... funkfreed is finally paying off...

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
wait

the man marked by flame... sabo???? sailing around with dragon and poo poo makes sense. ughhhh please no don't be sabo

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The man marked by flame is actually an old enemy of Franky, who got that fresh fire to the face.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

tbp posted:

wait

the man marked by flame... sabo???? sailing around with dragon and poo poo makes sense. ughhhh please no don't be sabo

It's honestly too obvious to be him for how close Oda is keeping the cards regarding the flame man.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

tbp posted:

wait

https://www.reddit.com/r/Piratefolk/comments/12tbybg/the_man_marked_by_flames_look_at_the_official/

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Dragon has it to give to Robin, his secret daughter

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

It's honestly too obvious to be him for how close Oda is keeping the cards regarding the flame man.

Yeah I said this to some friends the other day but coyly calling someone as famous as like Sabo or Kuzan "the man marked by flames" would be like calling Red Haired Shanks "the man with the 3 line scar". Like everyone knows those guys, they have been talked about by various people especially recently when their antics reached the news, and this clearly isn't a nickname for any of them, so it makes it unlikely that a few key people both 1. are using some weird way to describe a world famous person and 2. are maybe even confused by who that famous person actually is (like, Blackbeard's group recently got in a fight with Sabo, why would they not remember he has burn marks?)

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The poster marked by probes...

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

tbp posted:

wait

The only thing that would be worse Ace never really died!

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
what does the tattoo on Dragon's face suppose to symbolize?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That he's cool as gently caress

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

yum posted:

what does the tattoo on Dragon's face suppose to symbolize?

we have no real idea, but it's shared by the shandians who are connected with the void century stuff somewhow.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
He asked his tattoo artist to put "Freedom Fighter" in the language of the Void Century, but it actually says "Try-hard Edgelord". Robin knows, but she doesn't feel the need to point out the mistake.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Gyges posted:

He asked his tattoo artist to put "Freedom Fighter" in the language of the Void Century, but it actually says "Try-hard Edgelord". Robin knows, but she doesn't feel the need to point out the mistake.

This goes well with my theory that the reason Crocodile didn’t want Ivankov spilling his secret is that Crocoboy used to dress god awfully and Ivankov has photographic proof of how bad he used to look. Ever since he updated to his rad Alabasta drip, he’s lived in constant fear that his old self will released to the public and everyone would make fun of him. Especially because it was the Marineford War and the whole dang world was watching

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
sabo wouldn't make much sense, he's only had any connection to flames fairly recently (since dressrosa) while the story of the man marked by flames has been around for longer

saul made sense as a possibility after we found out he was alive on elbaf, but the new info doesn't seem likely to line up with him at all.

a new character seems just as likely as it being dragon, who's the only character who really lines up with this latest info much

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

lih posted:

sabo wouldn't make much sense, he's only had any connection to flames fairly recently (since dressrosa) while the story of the man marked by flames has been around for longer

Tbf Sabo has burn scars from when his dingy got blown up, so it wouldn’t necessarily be a reference to his fruit. But I still agree it’s not him

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also Oda kinda already pulled the "surprise, it's Sabo" card in Dressrosa, and that mostly worked because he had been mostly absent from proceedings for a while. Sabo has actually been doing stuff relatively recently.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Just wait until you find out Luffy's fourth brother was standing just outside of frame of the previous flashbacks and he got burned badly and suspected dead when they burned the trash pile in his hometown.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

If Sabo had a poneglyph he'd have given it to Luffy already. He loves that kid.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
All this speculation about where the last red Poneglyph is is reminding me of the speculation of where the Soul Stone was in the MCU.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
them saying "they gave it to some guy in the WG" makes sense. garp wanted dragon to work for the marines... and he probably did, and got assigned to protect the last poneglyph, and was like "wait what the gently caress, thats the world history?" and rebelled.

seems obvious they would entrust it to garps child, given how loyal and strong garp is.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
the man marked by flames is tom brady from how burned he got his last season

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So I'd like to mention something about Garp and his legacy

Based on what Kuzan talked about here, it seems Garp really did succeed in passing down core parts of his philosophy to his wards and his proteges.

'Live free and do as you please.'

But for Garp himself, he is in an almost unique position within the Marines; the legendary Hero who can do no wrong, his direct superior also being his best friend who would (begrudgingly) cover his rear end when needed, and of course, personally being one of the top ten shitkickers on the entire planet.

So of course for him it's not as personally onerous as it would be for literally anyone else.

And that's why the people he had the most influence on and up walking away and being thorns in the side of the WG. (Dragon included, maybe)

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Big twist: The man marked by flames ends up being Luffy the whole time, and the "missing road poneglyph" that everyone is scrambling over is the one he got on Zou.

Akainu's magma is the cause of the big scar on his chest, after all, and Luffy has never worn a shirt that covered it.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Admiral Matthew C. Perry, who led the Black Ships that opened Japan, was injured by an exploding cannon in his youth

LostRook fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Apr 22, 2023

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

gnome7 posted:

Big twist: The man marked by flames ends up being Luffy the whole time, and the "missing road poneglyph" that everyone is scrambling over is the one he got on Zou.

Akainu's magma is the cause of the big scar on his chest, after all, and Luffy has never worn a shirt that covered it.

It just falls out his hat

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

LostRook posted:

Admiral Matthew C. Perry, who led the Black Ships that opened Japan, was injured by an exploding cannon in his youth

wow

MisterDuck
Feb 27, 2013

I choose to believe that he is using his powers to make that chair. Glorp Chair.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

MisterDuck posted:

I choose to believe that he is using his powers to make that chair. Glorp Chair.

Clay-Z-Boy

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The identity of the Man Marked By Flames is obvious to me.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I mean Ace was marked by flames pretty badly

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Infinitum posted:

I mean Ace was marked by flames pretty badly

This guy has been active for a while appearntly. Like Kuzan even said that he himself sounded like he fit the description, but Teach said no cause this guy has been around longer than Kuzan's relatively recent injury (Which happened not long after Ace's death)

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

if we had sulong bepo on that roof instead of killer that poo poo would have been free for the worst generation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
oda worked on rurouni kenshin so im wondering if this character is inspired by shishio at all.