Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

The_Doctor posted:

Did you not make it to the bottom of the page?

You're the April fool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Son of a bitch... It's April 3rd, and this seemed reasonable.

:argh:

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Yeah, this casting suggests they're doubling down on the stuff I didn't like about Afterlife. I like those actors okay in some stuff they've done, but this seems self-conciously nerdy in a way I don't care for.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Spirit Halloween has a new "Life Size" proton pack. Dunno if that means 1:1 scale, but its only $250.
https://www.spirithalloween.com/product/life-size-replica-proton-pack-ghostbusters/244255.uts

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Looks pretty decent if you didn’t get a Haslab pack.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Be curious what it looks like in person

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

CelticPredator posted:

Be curious what it looks like in person

I'll post some pics in a few days when it arrives.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
The outrage on the spirit mod groups is fantastic.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Spoilers ahead for Firehouse:

Welp, it looks like William Atherton is back as Walter Peck.

Hmmmm!

Here's the link (it's Facebook, sorry)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Spoilers ahead for Firehouse:

Welp, it looks like William Atherton is back as Walter Peck.

No one's ever really gone.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

God dammit. Just do new things.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Wonder how they'll work in the 'it's true, Your Honor' line.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

This element is at least explained with what we all assume is the Ghostbusters coming back and setting up business again, specifically in New York. It makes sense that this would be back in play, other than retirement.

But please, no more Gozer, Vigo, or mood slime.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

LividLiquid posted:

We need a bunch of grown men crying about Walter peck’s emotional death or something as he saves everyone

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I'd love if they crossed the streams and nuked peck

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
It's all a question of how it's done imo. Could be rad, could be complete poo poo.

Just knowing he's aware the Ghostbusters are back and that he's bitter as gently caress about it is all I want. Have Ecto 1 screech around a corner, sirens blaring, and splash mud all over him as he tries to cross the street. Cut to a close up of his face contorted into impotent rage.:discourse:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Peck has been the head of the Paranormal Contracts Oversight Commission, essentially the GB’s govt boss/supervisor in the video game and the comics. Potentially the same may be true here.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

It's gonna' be far too up its own rear end and we aaaaaaaaall know it.

If we'd never gotten any sequels and it turned out he was gonna' be in it, I'd be really excited, but "look! It's thing you know" is just how we do poo poo now and I loving hate it.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Seeing a lot of doom and gloom, I'll say peck looks good for a guy that got doused in Molten Marshmallow Fluff

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

But please, no more Gozer, Vigo, or mood slime.

But how will old fans connect to it if they don't know that these things are in it?!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Slimer should still be driving a bus

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Slimer should still be driving a bus

yeah, i'd be alright with that gag.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
it's been a while since I read the comics, but from what I remember I liked the way Peck was written in that. Clearly absolutely full of contempt for the ghostbusters and using his position to let them know it, while at the same time having a slightly begrudging appreciation what they do. If they can nail that sort of nous, and not just use it as a callback to the dick joke, it might be okay

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I can imagine a ton of ways it wouldn't be merely okay, but would add to the flick quite a bit.

I just have zero faith that's how they'll do it. They're gonna' loving wink at us and be all proud and smug that they reminded us of a thing we liked instead of making a thing we'll like.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Maybe they got all of that out with Afterlife. Maybe they don't plan on making more, so this is it and they're making the movie they truly want to make.

Maybe I'm naive and delusional.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It worked with afterlife so why wouldn’t they do it again. It’s fine. Ghostbusters as it is isn’t for me any more

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

The new EPA villain goes to shut off the containment unit and Ghost Pecks arm appears and holds his hand as he pulls the lever down a tear gently rolling down his cheek as their eyes meet.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

banned from Starbucks posted:

The new EPA villain goes to shut off the containment unit and Ghost Pecks arm appears and holds his hand as he pulls the lever down a tear gently rolling down his cheek as their eyes meet.

hahahaha

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nice.

Then the camera pans over to Ghost Mayor Lenny. "I figured you'd make it."

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

I hope they get arrested and Reginald Vel Johnson makes a cameo.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

roffels posted:

I hope they get arrested and Reginald Vel Johnson makes a cameo.

He should be the police commissioner.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Kevyn posted:

He should be the police commissioner.

And make an off-hand reference to the paranormal being easier to deal with than his annoying neighbor from Chicago.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

roffels posted:

And make an off-hand reference to the paranormal being easier to deal with than his annoying neighbor from Chicago.

Or that guy from that building thing.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

"Harriet, I shot a boy. And now my new friend Winston is gonna bust him."

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Lmao

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

All the police shootings of black children have opened up an exciting new market here on the West Coast which you can turn into a revenue stream in Ghostbusters: LA. Help fight crime by putting those pesky poltergeists in their place and preventing them from making our boys in blue feel even a smigen of remorse over their actions.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Edit: realised I'd made the exact same point earlier

Disco Pope fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Apr 24, 2023

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Disco Pope posted:

Edit: realised I'd made the exact same point earlier

We called that "Ghostbusters 2-ing a post"

Adbot