Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

what happens if he does beat baki though
He won't and nobody should believe otherwise. If he does reality will immediately BSOD and restore from the last backup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
sukuna turned oliva's ribcage into an accordion but sure I'll buy he's concerned for his opponents

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

CharlestonJew posted:

sukuna turned oliva's ribcage into an accordion but sure I'll buy he's concerned for his opponents

To be fair that's like a moderate ouchie in the world of Baki. You just slap hands back on it's fine.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Sukune really speedrunning the Ali Jr route.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see Ali himself show up to clown on sumo a little more

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

To be fair, it was Oliva himself flexing that actually fully destroyed his own ribcage.

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
I love it. there was absolutely no reason for him to blow up his own ribcage like that

Thoren
May 28, 2008
The dumbest part of that fight was Oliva breaking his own hand.

These dudes can punch through walls of steel.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Sumo... is just so goddam strong you can't even believe it.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I mean itagakis writing this fight for a reason... Maybe there'll be an upset....

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
It’s to show how badass Baki is for 10 seconds

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Baki just got a completely unrelated call and it turns out they're pitting Sukune against Kato because everyone feels bad for him

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I hope we get a 10 chapter match with one second painstakingly detailed in each chapter

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

CharlestonJew posted:

Baki just got a completely unrelated call and it turns out they're pitting Sukune against Kato because everyone feels bad for him

Treatment is simple: go watch great clown Kato

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/cdd949a4-5a24-4c01-8ff5-d7df0cd31dfd/1

Baki echoing my own thoughts here

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

"No one knows how strong I really am, all those earlier fights don't count, I wasn't really trying my hardest (even though I permanently lost parts of my body)."

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

if you want to watch some real virtual grappling, the izwf has you covered: https://www.twitch.tv/ritoru_demon.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

"No one knows how strong I really am, all those earlier fights don't count, I wasn't really trying my hardest (even though I permanently lost parts of my body)."

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Look, "that's not blood in my mouth it's victory wine" is a requirement for every Baki character. Baki characters are the dumbest motherfuckers in existence. If they weren't they wouldn't do half the poo poo they do. I can't believe we lost Ali Jr only to get this guy down the road though.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
https://manatoki286.net/comic/15701520

The thrilling conclusion !

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
that site has to be one of the most unusable ever made for a phone

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I really don't like it when any series keeps trying to hype up something only to have it deflate immediately. But when Itagaki does it I get really annoyed.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I guess this would be cool if it was the first time it happened.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I guess a riikishi losing their pinky really is a big deal.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lmfao second fastest job other than that kaku kaioh's son that got beaten in 2 seconds

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
everyone involved in this looks so bored lol

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
this sucks lol

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I still stand by my conspiracy theory that this series turned out like this because Itagaki was contracted then stiffed by the Japan Sumo Association

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
sumo is supposedly exceedingly corrupt even by most fighting sport standards

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The sumo guy existed to give Jack a win and give something for Baki to do before

Baki vs Jack II

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Im gonna look on the bright side here, baki used hand pocket

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

This actually owns and this whole sequence of chapters is very funny.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

Zzulu posted:

The sumo guy existed to give Jack a win and give something for Baki to do before

Baki vs Jack II

How many body parts is Baki going to let Jack bite off of him before he gets serious?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Itagaki is loving bored lol

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
This sumo arc is looking more disrespectful to sumo than the one in cromartie high school at this point

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

frajaq posted:

Itagaki is loving bored lol

Same, buddy

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Itagaki wants to get back to doing Gaia & Sikorsky

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
why does this even exist anymore

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Attestant posted:

why does this even exist anymore

70 year old man enjoys drawing grappling muscle men

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Pretty much every character in this manga gets completely crushed except Baki and Yujiro

Even Musashi, which was clearly a character the author had a boner for, got completely humiliated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

musashi cleaved his way through the entire cast just short of yujiro, lost to motobe on ideological grounds so i mean as a narrative thing fine, and then he cleaved through the JSDF before losing to not just baki but a sneak attack soul suppression

monster heel destroys territory, loses a few key times and leaves town, perfect booking