Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Do you think Sukuna has 4 balls in his original hosed up body? I bet he does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

but not where you'd want them

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Caros posted:

Pretty much this.

The decision to postpone the fight is almost certainly just so gojo can try and save Megumi.

If they threw down then and there, I'm fairly certain he wins flatly. Kenjaku has no tricks that will matter and Sukuna is strong but not strong enough.

Gojo wants to delay so he can make a full win. Kenjaku is okay with it because he wants to win at all.

This is a pretty good observation, I think.

There's a good chance that if this is not EXACTLY what would happen, it's what everyone involved might believe is the most likely outcome.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

ChaseSP posted:

Do you think Sukuna has 4 balls in his original hosed up body? I bet he does

2 butts 4 buttcheeks

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Need to catch up on the thread from the past few chapters but latest chapter has me sweating and breathing heavy good lord. The adrenaline.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1016049

official is out

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Big disagree, its exactly who he wants to face and will, its personal for him. Sukuna is just...in the way. Yuji and Co need to reclaim Megumi from Sukuna and show him up. This story has been deeply personal despite the bigger story beats, no way he misses out on that. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if the end of this is not beating Sukuna but just forcing him back into cursed relics to hang around for another 1000 years. He's functionally unstoppable so defusing him seems more likely than an outright defeat.

I agree with this but I think it'd be uncharacteristic of Gojo to ask his students to fight against the strongest curse user of all time while he deals with someone who is supposed to be weaker. He isn't alone anymore, and with Yuta's comment about killing Kenjaku (plus Kenjaku dismissive attitude of Yuta), they might split it that way. But it could go either way

Caros posted:

Pretty much this.

[spoiler]The decision to postpone the fight is almost certainly just so gojo can try and save Megumi.

If they threw down then and there, I'm fairly certain he wins flatly. Kenjaku has no tricks that will matter and Sukuna is strong but not strong enough.

Gojo wants to delay so he can make a full win. Kenjaku is okay with it because he wants to win at all.

Yep, Gojo can't just atomize Sukuna on the spot cause of Megumi. Really complicates things.

I liked the small detail of Gojo still being in the dark about Kenjaku's identity. He has no idea who he is still[/spoiler]

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I also don't think Gojo is capable of just killing Sukuna on the spot, he himself admitted it would be a tough fight.

Caros
May 14, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

I also don't think Gojo is capable of just killing Sukuna on the spot, he himself admitted it would be a tough fight.

A tough fight, yes. But he'd win. And that would be against the full 20 fingers, which Megumi is not.

Fighting the two at once would probably complicate things, but that battle is about as good a field as gojo could hope for. Neither has planned for him being there, there is no one else in the way he needs to protect.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Caros posted:

A tough fight, yes. But he'd win. And that would be against the full 20 fingers, which Megumi is not.

Fighting the two at once would probably complicate things, but that battle is about as good a field as gojo could hope for. Neither has planned for him being there, there is no one else in the way he needs to protect.

If it came down to a fight right then and there I could see Geto just dipping out and leaving it to Sukuna to buy him enough time to come up with a way to deal with Gojo or maybe just highjack another body and try again when all the problem people are old and dead.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Caros posted:

Sukuna having the Ten Shadows could honestly be enough of a game changer to give Sukuna the win. If Sukuna does the same thing by bringing the wheel out to adjust to Gojo, he could bring out a summon immune to Gojo's Technqiue.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

CharlestonJew posted:

The problem is that sukunas balls are never truly his balls

I mean Sukuna's balls were probably still with that shriveled Sukuna mummy they found.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Sukuna having the Ten Shadows could honestly be enough of a game changer to give Sukuna the win. If Sukuna does the same thing by bringing the wheel out to adjust to Gojo, he could bring out a summon immune to Gojo's Technqiue.

Sukuna was able to circumvent the adaptation of Mahoraga because his Cleave CT could have it's strength and cursed energy output adjusted. Since the Shikigami didn't adapt to slashing attacks in general that means that Gojo can probably still pose a huge threat with Hollow Purple as that one can also have a variable output.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Brought To You By posted:

Sukuna was able to circumvent the adaptation of Mahoraga because his Cleave CT could have it's strength and cursed energy output adjusted. Since the Shikigami didn't adapt to slashing attacks in general that means that Gojo can probably still pose a huge threat with Hollow Purple as that one can also have a variable output.

Another possible angle is, we have no idea what Gojo had the time to dream up in a timeless space beyond time and space. One of his greatest weaknesses has always been that there are people who know what his techniques are.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
A previous 10 Shadows user managed to kill a 6 Eyes/limitless user, though they also died in the process. Having that alone + his innate technique + whatever that black box was should make Sukuna superior to Gojo. But he probably needs to have all 20 fingers to use all of that effectively

If Takaba had made that joke before Jacob's ladder, Gojo might have actually died lol

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

that was if sukuna was at full power, which he currently is not

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Gearhead posted:

Another possible angle is, we have no idea what Gojo had the time to dream up in a timeless space beyond time and space. One of his greatest weaknesses has always been that there are people who know what his techniques are.

Gojo hitting Sukuna with a good old fashion HOWEVER would be magical and I want this to happen.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

All the conservatives who put out the order of execution on Gojo and his children desperately trying to delete their social media and pretend they didn’t do that

Elijah Snow
Dec 10, 2006

some-something man

Gearhead posted:

We have no idea what happens to his pokeball collection if Krang dies. But if the core barriers go down the games end and Cursed Energy escapes into the wider world.

re pokemans: When he introduced himself to the Mei Mei as Geto he claims to have used all of his old monsters with Gojo, having to collect new ones. On reread it seemed like an insincere dumb joke/lie to cover his real identity, and a consequence of the technique's user dying.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Elijah Snow posted:

re pokemans: When he introduced himself to the Mei Mei as Geto he claims to have used all of his old monsters with Gojo, having to collect new ones. On reread it seemed like an insincere dumb joke/lie to cover his real identity, and a consequence of the technique's user dying.

No Geto explicitly used up all his Curses with Yuta. He combined all his remaining Curses, bar 1 he sent out, to shoot at Yuta. Toji explicitly spared Geto because he did not want to take the risk that killing him would release all of his Curses.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Apr 24, 2023

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

All the ones he didn’t release in the night parade anyway. Iirc Kenjaku muses that Geto likely would have beaten Okkotsu if he hadn’t split his power at the time

Also I read the volumes for the Gojo backstory and he explains the hidden inventory refusing Geto’s control plot point. I had always assumed/theorised it was because HI was holding the inverted spear of heaven in its mouth at that time which repelled Geto. It’s actually that HI already had been bound to/contracted with Toji even with his total lack of CE. I suppose a bit more obvious if I’d read 0 before as it’s the same underlying issue with Rika

Elijah Snow
Dec 10, 2006

some-something man
Ah thanks for the correct reminder, I'll quick jump to 0 while I'm rereading this Shibuya Royale Mess.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I'm glad Dad's home.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I think it's fascinating that the Gojo is the pretty much the strongest character and hasn't been killed off--usually the powerful mentor gets shelved early on to let the younger characters grow on their own, but it's refreshing to see the bad guys piss their pants whenever Gojo is around. I can't think of another work of fiction that did the same--either the mentor character isn't that strong or they're not that pivotal to the story.

(Yeah he did get shelved after Shibuya but it took that long)

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Lily Catts posted:

I think it's fascinating that the Gojo is the pretty much the strongest character and hasn't been killed off--usually the powerful mentor gets shelved early on to let the younger characters grow on their own, but it's refreshing to see the bad guys piss their pants whenever Gojo is around. I can't think of another work of fiction that did the same--either the mentor character isn't that strong or they're not that pivotal to the story.

(Yeah he did get shelved after Shibuya but it took that long)

Captain Levi from Attack on Titan comes to mind pretty quick. He was presented as Humanity's Strongest Soldier from his first appearance and (unlike almost everyone else who got hyped up right before dying horribly) he continued to kick rear end until the final battles, despite taking some nasty hits along the way.

There's some other mentors I can think of who survive, anime and not, but Levi's continuous status at the top of the board is the closest example I can think of.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Not many shonen set a hard ceiling, for the usual reason of there always has to be escalation and a bigger threat for the cast to fight.

JJK did a very good move in this regard by immediately setting both the biggest threat and greatest ally in the first chapter.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
My prediction: Yuta and some others will fight Kenjaku, Gojo will fight Meguna blah blah, sometime during the fight, maybe after they have their Domain clash, Maki will chop off Meguna's finger (pinky) with the soul blade. Yuji will eat that finger, and somehow using the knowledge he gained from Yuki's book, transfer Sukuna's soul back to him.

Yuji will fight Sukuna inside his soul over control of Yuji's body. Probably Sukuna will fully manifest into his original form in Yuji's body while this is happening so the rest of the gang can fight as well. The gang will kill Sukuna/Yuji, and Yuji will die surrounded by his friends like his grandpa predicted. This way, we can have the Gojo vs Sukuna fight and the Yuji vs Sukuna fight.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
We've been told that Sukuna can control 'where' his soul/consciousness manifests among multiple candidates, so I think it might be more likely that if he's forced out of Megumi, his mummy gets up and starts whipping rear end, because he surely won't be dumb enough to try taking Yuji over again.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

chiasaur11 posted:

Captain Levi from Attack on Titan comes to mind pretty quick. He was presented as Humanity's Strongest Soldier from his first appearance and (unlike almost everyone else who got hyped up right before dying horribly) he continued to kick rear end until the final battles, despite taking some nasty hits along the way.

There's some other mentors I can think of who survive, anime and not, but Levi's continuous status at the top of the board is the closest example I can think of.

Oh right I totally forgot about Levi, he sure counts

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I went back and rewatched the Nobara/Yuji vs the curses fight again

Goddamn those two dorks own

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
What a great reintroduction of Gojo

Nonetheless, I do wonder what it was that Yorozu conferred to Sukuna. Whatever it is, he seems to think it might help out for his fight against Gojo later.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

Gearhead posted:

We've been told that Sukuna can control 'where' his soul/consciousness manifests among multiple candidates, so I think it might be more likely that if he's forced out of Megumi, his mummy gets up and starts whipping rear end, because he surely won't be dumb enough to try taking Yuji over again.

My reasoning is that Maki's Split Soul katana is a huge red herring since she hasn't used it. She was even wondering how it would work against Sukuna but decided not to use it incase it would harm Megumi. It's capable of splitting souls + combined with Yuji being the "perfect vessel" + Yuki's book on souls in Yuji's hands + he said he'd "eat anything" to kill Sukuna, that's my reasoning I guess. It'd make thematic sense for Yuji and Sukuna's rematch to be inside the soul since we all know what happened last time they 1v1'd there.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Chapter dropped earlier.

The lurch forward in time caught me by surprise. At this point it seems like Kugisaki is as good as confirmed dead... the manga is jumping right into the endgame. Unless she's revealed to be alive on a victory lap at the end, if we get one, or her ability is Chekhov's gun, there's basically no reason to reintroduce her at this point. If this ends up being the case then JJK's treatment of its female protagonists is going to go down as one of the shittiest parts of an otherwise excellent manga.

That said, this fight is going to be absolutely sick and I can't wait to read it. It was very interesting to see Gojo's tension. Kenjaku's villainous monologue staring into a television felt a little hamfistedly directed at the reader, and I'd say that maybe the series is rushing a little fast through these plot points towards its conclusion, but overall it's fine and I hope it ends on a high note.

Tosk fucked around with this message at 01:21 on May 12, 2023

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Link https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/7367/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-222

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Tosk posted:

Chapter dropped earlier.

The lurch forward in time caught me by surprise. At this point it seems like Kugisaki is as good as confirmed dead... the manga is jumping right into the endgame. Unless she's revealed to be alive on a victory lap at the end, if we get one, or her ability is Chekhov's gun, there's basically no reason to reintroduce her at this point. If this ends up being the case then JJK's treatment of its female protagonists is going to go down as one of the shittiest parts of an otherwise excellent manga.

That said, this fight is going to be absolutely sick and I can't wait to read it. It was very interesting to see Gojo's tension. Kenjaku's villainous monologue staring into a television felt a little hamfistedly directed at the reader, and I'd say that maybe the series is rushing a little fast through these plot points towards its conclusion, but overall it's fine and I hope it ends on a high note.

It'll be really weird if she's actually dead, because the way she died didn't feel remotely similar to the way major characters are normally killed off in shounen manga like this.

I don't disagree with what you're saying, it's just kind of surprising.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I believe

I must

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
gege stopped caring about the manga and this is a worse shark jump than Stars and Stripes in mha

I thought there would at least be a throwaway line about yaga and the school hunting yuji but gege skipped every single plot point from the culling games. Even the megumi poo poo is less cool in hindsight knowing he did the same poo poo with nobara

skipmyseashells fucked around with this message at 07:06 on May 12, 2023

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Nobara’s situation is really weird. She gets a backstory chapter and says a very clear line that indicates she knows she is gonna die and then gets an apparently fatal wound. But that’s immediately followed by a “i gave her medical treatment but she’ll probably die” and then a bit later we get a line about her being “between life and death” and then we just got another line a little while ago that mentioned her and refused to elaborate on her fate. It’s almost worse than just killing her off. Who knows maybe she will show up unannounced and absolutely wreck poo poo.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Nobara’s situation is really weird. She gets a backstory chapter and says a very clear line that indicates she knows she is gonna die and then gets an apparently fatal wound. But that’s immediately followed by a “i gave her medical treatment but she’ll probably die” and then a bit later we get a line about her being “between life and death” and then we just got another line a little while ago that mentioned her and refused to elaborate on her fate. It’s almost worse than just killing her off. Who knows maybe she will show up unannounced and absolutely wreck poo poo.

She will show up in a wheelchair and give moral support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

skipmyseashells posted:

gege stopped caring about the manga and this is a worse shark jump than Stars and Stripes in mha

Lmao no